Nova Blast Gameplay Video -- Low Quality

Community Forums/Showcase/Nova Blast Gameplay Video -- Low Quality

Mortiis(Posted 2007) [#1]
I've been working on this game for 8-9 months in my spare times. Here is a little video, feedback would be quite nice. It's very crappy in the quality so please take it into account when commenting. Thanks.

HERE is the video
HERE are some new screenshots

PGF(Posted 2007) [#2]
That looks quite promising.

I've always liked space shooters where the view is centered on your ship rather than fixed like asteroids. Your game reminds me strongly of Boskonians which was an early arcade game of this type.

The background planets are great. Do they serve any purpose ?

Maybe the action was a bit frantic.

I look forward to seeing more of this and would be happy to play test it if you want further inou.

Mortiis(Posted 2007) [#3]
Thank you PGF,

Planets are just filling the scene.

Action is just shaping up as I've just started the AI. I'm mainly concentrating on the dogfights like in the battlestar galactica series. I think that's why it's a bit frantic.

But there is a lot to do, lot do add, lot to tweak yet. Hopefully this game will be finished as a commercial indie game.

Take care.

clownhunter(Posted 2007) [#4]
I MET NOVA BLAST!

Looks promising. Looks like it's fairly hard to kill teh baddies though. I did like the motion blur on some of the screenshots.

Mortiis(Posted 2007) [#5]
Thanks lordi fan clownie :)

Baddies are impossible to kill right now cause as I'm testing the AI, I made them invincible.

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#6]
Hey, those ships looks like cylons and vipers from Battlestar Galactica :)
Very nice screenshots... I like the planets... but I don't like the motion blur effect :(

Mortiis(Posted 2007) [#7]
Thank you Trixx, motion blur is optional, anyone can turn it on or off from our launcher.

Grey Alien(Posted 2007) [#8]
PGF: do you mean this? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosconian

I remember it too.