Joystick Johnny - Over 25 Retro Minigames

Community Forums/Showcase/Joystick Johnny - Over 25 Retro Minigames

agent4125(Posted 2007) [#1]
The full version of Joystick Johnny is now available!

- Over 25 minigames, 100 different levels
- 3 play modes and multiple endings
- Hidden 8-bit treasures and custom scoreboards

Joystick Johnny Website

Download the Trial (7 MB)

Also, get $4.00 off with this easy-to-remember discount code:
BEFL005D2 (good until next week)

Grey Alien(Posted 2007) [#2]
Excellent! pimped: http://www.binaryjoy.co.uk/games/games-news/joystick-johnny-released/

Grey Alien(Posted 2007) [#3]
Are you going to run an affiliate scheme for this game? Who's you payment provider? I ask because I'd like to put it on GreyAlienGames.com

Snixx(Posted 2007) [#4]
Very cool idea, but the min specs are a lil odd for what it is. (Hogger lol :D)

big10p(Posted 2007) [#5]
Cool. I wanted to buy this when it was released but I'm going to have to wait a while as I currently find myself in dire straits, financially. I can't justify spending a single penny unnecessarily, at the moment. :/

Congratulations on getting this to release, though.

Steve Elliott(Posted 2007) [#6]
Any chance of extending the discount until the end of the month? I get paid then. :-)

agent4125(Posted 2007) [#7]
Grey: thanks! It might be a while before I go the affiliate route, but I'll let you know when I do. I use BMT.

big10p and steve, I sent you e-mails, but I've been having e-mail problems. Let me know if you didn't receive them and I will re-send.

MGE(Posted 2007) [#8]
Probably one of the best game ideas I've seen in a long time. Seriously, good job! I would however, get this going with affiliates and portals ASAP in time for the Holidays. Also, $19.95 seems about 10.00 too high for this game, but at least it does leave you open to do discounts, affiliate sales, etc. Good luck!

Grey Alien(Posted 2007) [#9]
agent4125: welcome. I use BMT too, it's really easy to use them to set up affiliates, but a lot depends on your security system. If you are using Software Passport it's easy, but not if you are using your own proprietary system (probably).

As for price, $19.95 is of course standard (for casual games). Thing thing is, it's a retro game not a casual game and retro-gamers are notoriously tight fisted (or want stuff for free). Titan attacks did very well at $9.95 (although I think he's put the price up now), also did very well on Mac. Are you planning a Mac version?

big10p(Posted 2007) [#10]
Got your email, Joe, and sent a reply. Thanks! ;)

agent4125(Posted 2007) [#11]
Re: the price, it's a tough decision but I plan to at least start at 19.95. (TA is also 19.95 now) I plan to experiment though, and figure out what works.

I'd love to do a Mac port, but I need a Mac first. =)

Steve Elliott(Posted 2007) [#12]
Thing is, that's only £10 for 25 mini games (prices quoted in dollars makes it sound more expensive than it is). Some people expect anything less than a AAA game to be free probably because they don't realise the amount of work that goes into coding even simple games.

taumel(Posted 2007) [#13]
A video would be fine for the osx users in order to see some action... :O)

danjo(Posted 2007) [#14]
um - not that i disagree with charging for stuff. but really... id rather play MAME for free.

I will admit tho, after playing it, its different, and well made.