IDEal 0.8.94 released

Community Forums/Showcase/IDEal 0.8.94 released

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#1]
New version of IDEal - 0.8.94 is now available...

Download it here: http://www.fungamesfactory.com/downloads.html (Just install it over any previous release to keep your settings )

IDEal is an advanced IDE for B3D/B+. If you are new to IDEal, I recommend you to visit the tips page here:
http://www.fungamesfactory.com/tips.html

Support forum: http://www.fungamesfactory.com/forum
German support forum: http://blitzbasic.pytalhost.de/viewforum.php?f=18 ( thanks to Abrexxes )

You can also find a lot of useful info, tips and help about IDEal if you visit the previous threads :
www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=66160
www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=66528
www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=67445
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=68368

Changes in 0.8.94:

[Added] Review Declarations - review the source code to detect unused declarations (Variables, Constants, Functions).
[Added] Insert ScanCode - Insert scancodes easily ( optionally with Keyhit, Keydown ) .
[Added] 'Edit userlibs' now allows you to edit the userlib file in the same dialog.
[Added] Mark All in the Find/Replace dialog is now functional .
[Added] Association and ability to open a workspace from .iws files.
[Added] Function help field in the status bar is auto-resizable and follows parameters ( on long function declarations ).
[Added] Columns widths in the Code Explorer are now saved and restored on next start-up.
[Added] Customize UI - command ( by default in the Settings menu ) that brings you to the customization of the User Interface.
[Added] Check for some needed system files on start-up ( checks if they are registered and offers to register them if they aren't ).
[Changed] Autocomplete is now enabled in declaration lines after the actual declaration.
[Changed] Moved to the latest scintilla build.
[Changed] 'Export to HTML' now accepts code formatted without LineFeed characters ( some other IDEs use this type ).
[Fixed] Wrongly selected userlib on starting 'Edit Userlib' dialog.
[Fixed] Parser bug that may lead to repeated exceptions after removing certain code elements.
[Fixed] Function Help tips may highlight wrong parameter in some cases.
[Fixed] When compiling project, compile error in a file that is not included in a project would throw an exception.
[Fixed] IDEal would throw an exception when adding existing files to a project if the active window wasn't part of the project.
[Fixed] Cursor and the last line can became invisible when the last line is part of the folded block of code and you try to focus and type after that line.
[Fixed] Double Click on an empty Dirs favorites list throws an error.
[Fixed] Renaming the active directory in the File Explorer in some other Windows process would throw an exception.

This version is more like a bug-fix release . New beta release with new project management and some other most wanted features will be released soon.

Screenshot... Review Declarations in action:

Enjoy!

Abrexxes(Posted 2007) [#2]
Yuhu ! Thanks Trixx.

OldNESJunkie(Posted 2007) [#3]
Yeehaw, a new version. Thanks a TON Trixx.

Dustin(Posted 2007) [#4]
A great tool gets even better. How about setting up a paypal account so we can show you our gratitude?

nrasool(Posted 2007) [#5]
Wow Trixx, Thanks alot, love the unused declarations feature, that is great!!!!

ksalomao(Posted 2007) [#6]
FAntastic stuff, would be great if it could have Bmax too!!

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#7]
Thanks for the positive feedback guys...

New unicode version, based on 0.8.94 is also now available ( exe only... install the regular version and use this exe ):
http://www.fungamesfactory.com/download.php?get=IDEal_Unicode_0.8.94.exe

This unicode version supports several different unicode alphabets at once. Regular version supports only one.
So, if you don't need to type in several languages, use the regular version.
This version still has some issues with double byte characters that need to be solved. Please report any bugs if you're using the unicode version.

Grisu(Posted 2007) [#8]
Looking great. Any mod for bmx available?

JBR(Posted 2007) [#9]
This is excellent.

How do I make this load when double clicking a .bb file?

[edit] it's ok I found it [edit]

Thanks
Jim

_33(Posted 2007) [#10]
Found something strange in IDEal as it's my 2nd chance I'm giving IDEal for adoption in my home ;)

Here:

I use ESCAPE character code 27 in my source files. How should I look at this?
Can I still copy paste character 27 or will the label kind of break the IDE?

Notice the colors after an ESC are wrong...

How do I remove line numbering?

I've only been playing with it for 10 minutes. How can I have less aggressive colors that ressembles more the ones found in the BlitzIDE?

Here's more fun... Everything seems BAD TEXT in IDEal... I didn't start a project or whatever, but IDEal thinks that creating a local variable without stating it's local is BAD TEXT. Calling a function that's in the includes, from IDEal's perspective, is BAD TEXT. Not to mention ESC being a problem, the whole code snippet looks wrong.

Cheers.

IPete2(Posted 2007) [#11]
Did you check out the preferences? You can set all the colours up in there.

IPete2.

_33(Posted 2007) [#12]
IPete2, but the reason the red is popping up like that is internal. There is no way to switch off this " BAD TEXT " system. It's rather daft!

OK I found 2 things:
strict ON/OFF, this does work and remove all the red text which is then not marked as BAD. The strict mode would need to be more intelligent than this to be really useful.
Also, I found how to remove the line numbers.

Now life is better. Still not quite convinced. The bug with the escape code does bother me.

Also, Blitz's IDE doesn't have a dark background, but more like a not too eye tireing blue, which helps me stare at the screen for hours and code.

Mortiis(Posted 2007) [#13]
Great IDE, helping me to speed the coding process a lot, also it's more fun to code with IDEal. Thanks for making this great piece of software free.

_33(Posted 2007) [#14]
Here an automatic indentation bug that I found.

It makes auto indenting of some sources impossible.

Abrexxes(Posted 2007) [#15]
Hi _33, what are you doing here. ;)

Thats a known problem, see here : http://fungamesfactory.com/forum/index.php?topic=51.0

and here (post 17) :
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=68368

bye

_33(Posted 2007) [#16]
Hey Abrexxes!! :o What is _33 doing in the IDEal thread? :o

Well, I'm depressed with most IDEs, so I try this one in the hopes of maybe coding more and making something out of nothing :o

But, really it's getting me tired to get to know a new IDE every few days and find bugs, issues, behaviours etc that I don't really like to deal with.

Without 'THEN' , IDEal must parse and completely analyze the whole line to decide whether it's a one-line IF- statement or not, but that will cause the indenting operation to be slow in some cases, thus not suitable for realtime indenting when you type. There was a discussion previously on the BB forums about this and people have agreed to leave it as is. But I may try to find a better solution for this problem in the future.

AGREED TO LEAVE IT AS IS??? (not!)... Anyhow, when I load an old source that doesn't have the Then statement, IDEal could at least analyse, no? I usually put the Then statement, but if I want to test some stuff, I might not do so. I think if Blitz supports this sort of coding, then the IDE should take it in consideration. Otherwize remove auto indenting as a feature and don't confuse people.

:o
Chow chow

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#17]
@Grisu:
Any mod for bmx available?
Nope, sorry

@_33:
Everything seems BAD TEXT in IDEal... I didn't start a project or whatever, but IDEal thinks that creating a local variable without stating it's local is BAD TEXT

The strict mode would need to be more intelligent than this to be really useful

The whole point of strict mode is to warn you about undeclared variables. In strict mode, using an undeclared variable IS a bad text. Strict mode in long term will save you hours of debugging, but you must declare your variables. If you don't declare them, you won't be able to use autocomplete for them, intellisense, find unused variables etc. Most other languages force you to declare variables, so better get used to declare them :) IDEal don't know what functions are in the included files unless you add them to the project, so better create a project so you can benefit from many other advanced features.

Also, Blitz's IDE doesn't have a dark background, but more like a not too eye tireing blue, which helps me stare at the screen for hours and code.

Why don't you simply change the background color like IPete2 said ?... See settings - > color styles

Here an automatic indentation bug that I found.

From the first post:
If you are new to IDEal, I recommend you to visit the tips page here

No offense, but I think that you need to spend 10-15 more minutes through options and reading the tips page and other links pointed in the first post. Believe me, there are a lot of other features that you don't know about. Invest an hour in reading so you can save many more hours later :)

Now, about the ESC problem... Highlighting is bad because the ESC codes aren't created in IDEal. I can easily change this. If you want, I can build a new version later today where highlighting will be ok ?
But how do you want to enter the ESC character ? Using ALT+27 ?

@Mortis: Thanks !

Abrexxes(Posted 2007) [#18]
You can switch of auto indenting in the options if you have problems with older sources.

Setting---> Editor Settings --> [NO] Auto indent code on file loading
and(or) Auto indent. Mode = none.

bye

_33(Posted 2007) [#19]
Hi Trixx, nice reply. Investing a few hours isn't the problem. When I am new to something, I often find the weak spots first, sometimes forget the whole thing. But I'm giving myself a second chance with IDEal and maybe it will work out. I'm a hardcore blitz IDE user and I can't use it anymore because of the numerous bugs, specially dealing with big sources.

Yes, I have configured the colors to my likings, but for any new user, he will find the blitz colors not at all like what bliltz was and will not find the right contender. I took 20 minutes to find decent colors that won't damage my eyes.

The indentation problem is to me quite serious. And since I foudn these bugs on the most recent version, I'm not thinking if it is a documented bug. Anyhow, I've put images and just need to make sure I pass my point through, because I am stuck with the behaviour, you see(?).

I need to mention also that if I decided to declare my variable without stating if it is local, to me isn't a mistake as blitz will make it local anyway, and to me it makes sense. If IDEal says it's bad text, I'll just ignore. or maybe there should be filters for the strict mode?

Now, the ESC code ALT + 2 7 to me is essential, as I am developping a terminal emulator and it works with ANSI codes and such. I'm not asking really for support on this, but just to have the IDE not scramble the colors on the lines that I put the escape character. Entering the code to me is iomportant, but I can do copy/paste (I suppose?)

Trixx, if you have a test version with support for ESC code and other various control code support, I'll check that out and give you feedback. Abrexxes convinced me to come here, it's all his fault.

Question, are you in contact with MixailV? Is he still talkative? I'm kind of worried about his FastText and FastImage.

Thanks.

:P

Abrexxes(Posted 2007) [#20]
Here ist another color theme, check it out.

http://www.abrexxes.huntingsoftware.de/ideal/BlitzEdit2.zip

Copy this into the style folder and select it in the options. It is near the original blitz colors.

and yes....my fault XD

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#21]
But, really it's getting me tired to get to know a new IDE every few days and find bugs, issues, behaviours etc that I don't really like to deal with

You're absolutely right on this one, but that's what we're all facing with all kind of software.

but for any new user, he will find the blitz colors not at all like what bliltz was and will not find the right contender.I took 20 minutes to find decent colors that won't damage my eyes.

I'm doing my best to build IDEal as users want. In the past 8 months there were no complains about color schemes.Instead, many users said that they like them. Now you can post your new scheme because I'll include some user schemes in the next release.

The indentation problem is to me quite serious. And since I foudn these bugs on the most recent version, I'm not thinking if it is a documented bug

Just switch to simple autoindenting and you'll have the same behavior like in other IDEs. This also was discussed previously and is built on feedback from other users. 98% of them use THEN in single line IF statements. If it works on one-line IF statements without THEN, it'll be much slower operation. Anyway, I'll try to find a better solution in the future.

Trixx, if you have a test version with support for ESC code and other various control code support, I'll check that out and give you feedback

Try this and tell me if it's ok : http://www.fungamesfactory.com/download.php?get=IDEalTest_33.exe
You can Copy-Paste without problem, but you can't enter ALT+27... for now... I'll see what I can do about this.

@Abrexxes: Thanks for helping me on this :))

_33(Posted 2007) [#22]
Trixx, the fix works fine! If you want to add the ALT + numbers to enter ascii codes, that would be immensely appreciated for the task at hand here. Most often in data statements I have to put stuff that many times an IDE doesn't usually like. The ESC character on the other hand is something essential. Usually I have it as the left arrow, but having the little bubble saying ESC is fine.

Yes I took the default simple Blitz color scheme and changed all the colors to something that is easy to read and not too hard on the eyes (high contract is a big no). I think blitz IDE went right when they chose their color scheme, but I took it a step further.

Anyhow, I'll rename the IDEal exe to the natural name and will use that one for now on. I'll try to stay in the IDEal world also, because you have the right help files. Many things do irritate me still, but it's not that serious.

ALT + value to me is an awesome feature, and it seems to work at first glance, but not for the escape character.

Cheers :D

_33(Posted 2007) [#23]
Here's a nice bug I found: If you have one source, modify that one, but then, you say; "no, it's all wrong!". So you go back to windows explorer, double click on the saved version. Then IDEal asks the following: "file ... has been changed. Do you want to reload this file and loose all the changes? YES NO". So I click on YES (reload and loose all the changed). Then Run-time error '91': Object variable or With block variable not set. And it leaves the ide.

If I load the bak1 version on the other hand, IDEal will be loading forever, my CPU will be 100% and the mouse will display the loading icon. So I had to stop IDEal completely to get out of this one.

Abrexxes(Posted 2007) [#24]
Confirmed, but from the "File Explorer" it works fine.

bye

_33(Posted 2007) [#25]
Wait, is it me, or IDEal can't load bak files from windows explorer at all?

Abrexxes(Posted 2007) [#26]
Yep, there is a big problem, i think IDEal is not able to update his code and File Explorer areas if you load a bak1 File.... so you must rename the file to load them.

So i think there is a bigger problem with "file names" and the load routine of IDEal

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#27]
Anyhow, I'll rename the IDEal exe to the natural name and will use that one for now on

Ok, but if you find a bug, please check it in the official release so I can know if it's releated with the ESC fix or not.

...Then Run-time error '91': Object variable or With block variable not set. And it leaves the ide.

Ok, finally a real bug :)) Thanks, will be fixed for the next release

If I load the bak1 version on the other hand

Can you explain this a little more ? You can't load a .bak1 file unless you renamed it to .bb ? Or maybe not ?
[Edit] Ahh, you already noticed this...
Loading .bak files was already requested ( http://fungamesfactory.com/forum/index.php?topic=41.0 ) and will be done for the next release [/edit]

[edit2] So that explains why you waited forever to load your .bak1 file... probably because it's associated with Notepad ? [/edit2 ]

_33(Posted 2007) [#28]
So that explains why you waited forever to load your .bak1 file... probably because it's associated with Notepad ?

The bak1 and bak2 are associated to IDEal. If I double click them from windows explorer, IDEal loads, but the system is now 100% load on the processor, the HDD is loading infinitely and nothing happens. No source gets opened, and IDEal is running 100% on my cpu.

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#29]
The bak1 and bak2 are associated to IDEal. If I double click them from windows explorer, IDEal loads, but the system is now 100% load on the processor

Ok, thanks for the explanation, now I see the problem. Confirmed here also.. I'll change the whole load routine so you'll be able to load files with any extension.

By the way, from the other thread:
IDEal doesn't like me to use SPACEs in the beginning of every line, which I prefer. I don't like to use TABs, and IDEal replaces those

Did you find the option to use spaces instead of Tabs ? Or you still have problem with this ?

_33(Posted 2007) [#30]
Did you find the option to use spaces instead of Tabs ? Or you still have problem with this ?

It seems the default parameters in IDEal have changed because now the source doesn't get changed from spaces to tabs. It all works fine, and I have tweaked the parameters in order not to get into the same situations. So that to me is a resolved case.

The biggest problems I had with IDEal at the time I posted that was various unexplained crashes. So, that is why I wasn't yet ready to use it. So, I put it on the side and went back to the blitz IDE. Then I started using Protean, which wasn't as entertaining as the blitz IDE for some things, but had some stuff which I needed: ie handling big sources, and... That's it!

For an IDE to be real useful to me, it would need to contain a DIFF system (compare 2 versions of a source), and a way to trace execution and compile error logging. Those are things that exist for ages in IDEs from say, Borland Turbo C or Turbo Pascal.

You've got something good to advance with still. I'll try to keep using IDEal none the less. Hopefully I won't encounter a bug that will demolish my source files or crash miserably and corrupt anything.

Abrexxes(Posted 2007) [#31]
For an IDE to be real useful to me, it would need to contain a DIFF system (compare 2 versions of a source), and a way to trace execution and compile error logging.

....like the original IDE of Blitz and Protean? *lol*

Sorry, but from the first moment you try to crash IDEal with stupid aktions. You can crash *every* IDE in 6 seconds. If you work with IDEal the right way you will not have a problem, and the other bugs will be fixed in later versions. You are a little stupid..right?

_33(Posted 2007) [#32]
Sorry, but from the first moment you try to crash IDEal with stupid aktions. You can crash *every* IDE in 6 seconds. If you work with IDEal the right way you will not have a problem, and the other bugs will be fixed in later versions. You are a little stupid..right?

Calm down boy. No Loading bak1 or bak2 files to me is very useful. Now if you'll excuse me Abrexxes, I'll have to forget your presence.

OK her's another USELESS BUG:

IDEal can't launch UPX as an external app on my setup, from what I have tried, it just doesn't launch UPX and doesn't give any hint if it tried or not.

... And then I'll remove IDEal and we'll forget all about it ;)

Thanks for your nice comment Abrexxes, and the very polite way . I have seen you much friendlier than this and you decided to flip for no obvious reason.

If you need more testing Trixx, maybe you can ask Abrexxes.

Abrexxes(Posted 2007) [#33]
UPX works fine her with "upx --best %LastExe%" (upx3.0)

Settings-->Setup external tools -->UPX

At the moment you must only rename the backup files so

mygame.bb.bak1 to mygame.bb

I never have used this because i never have had a crash, only error messages, but i found out that "workaround" in 5 seconds.

_33(Posted 2007) [#34]
IDEal removed, thank you.

LineOf7s(Posted 2007) [#35]
Wow, with that level of effort invested, you get what you deserve.

For everyone else that's not afraid to try, there's IDEal.

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#36]
@_33
For an IDE to be real useful to me, it would need to contain a DIFF system (compare 2 versions of a source), and a way to trace execution and compile error logging

DIFF system isn't hard to do it, but nobody ever wanted it. I'll put it on my to-do list.
Trace execution isn't possible unless somebody makes an interpreter for B3D.

Hopefully I won't encounter a bug that will demolish my source files or crash miserably and corrupt anything.

As far as I remember, there wasn't any bug in IDEal that would crash the IDE... ever ( I mean crash to desktop, losing source file etc. ). There were bugs that would throw an exception and log the error, but after the error message, you are back to the editor.

I just tried UPX here and everything is ok. Can you post your UPX setup ?

EDIT:
Jacques , don't get nervous easily... at least I didn't when you characterized as bugs features where there is no bugs.
Abrexxes is a native german speaker and I believe he can't express too well in english, so don't get mad if his words sounds offending.
I appreciate your time and I hope that you'll change your mind.

LineOf7s(Posted 2007) [#37]
IDEal can't launch UPX as an external app on my setup, from what I have tried, it just doesn't launch UPX and doesn't give any hint if it tried or not.

For those interested, IDEal can supply the UPX executable with a parameter of %LastExe%. If the filename or path of the last executable created has a space in it, you need to enclose %LastExe% in quotes: ie "%LastExe%"

...otherwise UPX will exit without error (v2.91, at least - I'm about to upgrade to 3.0)

Abrexxes(Posted 2007) [#38]
Yep, sorry if my eng was to bad to explain what a mean.

@Line0f7s
Yes, also with 3.0 you need that for names with space

Bankie(Posted 2007) [#39]
Hmm, I'm 2 days behind everyone else. "Review Decls" and "Mark All" features are particularly welcome by me. Thanks, yet again.

Dreiser(Posted 2007) [#40]
Thanks Trixx.
I like the "Review Declarations" feature and I'm looking forward to seeing the new project management.

alain(Posted 2007) [#41]
IDEal is the GUI that make me switch from protean.

Many, many thanks for your work, I use IDEal each days and It is rock solid and really fast.

Two features are missing for me:
- An option to change icon in the executable.
- Auto-completion with return key.

DGuy(Posted 2007) [#42]
Great IDE!

I've used IDEal almost everyday for the past few months, and have found it to be very stable and capable.

Favorite feature: Strict mode (REALLY helps with catching bug-causing typo's and refactoring of code)

Second Favorite: Auto-complete (a HUGE time saver!)

Neatest feature: Changing case of a declaration is automatically reflected through out the rest of the code.

Ex. If I change 'Global myVar%' to 'Global MyVar%", IDEal auto-changes the case everywhere 'myVar' is used, as opposed to throwing an error and making me manually search-and-replace all occurances.

Again, Geat IDE!

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#43]
Thanks everyone... I'm glad to hear that IDEal is making your coding hours more productive :)

@alain
Two features are missing for me:
- An option to change icon in the executable.
- Auto-completion with return key

First one is coming in the next release.
Will see what I can do for the second one. I think it can be done.

ShadowTurtle(Posted 2007) [#44]
Auto-completion with return key!? Please use a standard hotkey like control+c

I do not want writing bb code in a single line.

Happy Sammy(Posted 2007) [#45]
Hi all,

How to add blitz help file to IndeED?
(Similar to official Blitz3D IDE)

Thanks in advance

Réno(Posted 2007) [#46]
Thanks Trixx :)))

hockings(Posted 2007) [#47]
Trixx,
Once again, a great update to a brilliant editor - and don't let anyone tell you otherwise!!! :D

I'd like to see TAB as the autocomplete/scope completion key (that seems the defacto standard to me - and I don't know how many times I've hit tab in Ideal trying to get the command i was typing to autocomplete).

Also, what about inserting the tips into a page on the help menu? It's frustrating to have to log into the internet to find out that cntl-enter is the autocomplete key for example when I haven't used the IDE for a few weeks. (And can you add an autocomplete "tip" to the tips page?)

Again, thanks Trixx!!!!!

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#48]
@ShadowTurtle: Don't worry, Autocomplete with Return key will be optional ( If I add that feature ).

@hockings: Thanks,
I'd like to see TAB as the autocomplete/scope completion key (that seems the defacto standard to me - and I don't know how many times I've hit tab in Ideal trying to get the command i was typing to autocomplete).
It's frustrating to have to log into the internet to find out that cntl-enter is the autocomplete key for example when I haven't used the IDE for a few weeks

It seems that you really haven't used IDEal for a few weeks :) TAB IS the key for autocomplete. CTRL+Enter is default shortcut for Scope completion.

Also, what about inserting the tips into a page on the help menu?

Nice idea. I never thought of that... I'll definitely add that page as a little help file.

Jasu(Posted 2007) [#49]
I tried some IDE before and disliked it. Didn't believe any third party IDE would work for me. That was until I tried IDEal a few weeks ago. Nice work!

There's one 'fun' thing I'd like to add to it. It would be a nice thing to see how long the project file has been open. I mean cumulatively, so it would show how much time I've waisted on a project. I think it would be easy to calculate it, but the project file would have to be saved every time it's closed.

Bankie(Posted 2007) [#50]
Jasu, that's a simple, but very good idea that goes beyond just "fun". Not exactly an essential feature, but I second it if it's a simple thing to add.

Bankie(Posted 2007) [#51]
Review declarations: now that I've had a chance to try it out with my major project, it's been really useful for cleaning up code. One small gripe though: I use a couple of libraries such as Sprite Candy, so there are a bunch of unused functions that are ok to be unused. All I'm really interested in are my main files, so it would be useful to be able to click on the "File" column to sort the list so that I could then scroll down to each batch of unused declarations that I'm interested in. By default, everything's mixed together.

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#52]
@Jasu, Bankie:
Ok, I'm preparing some kind of 'Project properties" page and I'll add a time counter to it.

All I'm really interested in are my main files, so it would be useful to be able to click on the "File" column to sort the list

No problem.

Bankie(Posted 2007) [#53]
Hi Trixx, 2 things:

1. This is probably something that you'll be doing anyway, but the "Insert Scancode" really needs an associated icon. It's a useful feature, but would work best as an icon on a toolbar. Of course, I can add it as a blank icon, but it looks silly.

2. Bug: Error handler box sometimes appears on exit. I can now replicate this 100% of the time by these steps (funnily enough, if you change the order you do these things, the error does not appear)

a. Open IDEal and a project with multiple files.
b. Press Ctrl-N to start a new file
c. Add a line or two to this new file (jibberish or whatever - doesn't matter)
d. Switch to your main file and make any kind of change
e. Switch back to the new file
f. Press ALT-F4 to exit IDEal - ERROR APPEARS

You still get a chance to save your work after this, so it's not really a major problem - just a slight annoyance and something you'll want to tidy, I'm sure.

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#54]
This is probably something that you'll be doing anyway, but the "Insert Scancode" really needs an associated icon

Yes, you're right. Several other icons are also missing. The problem is that I can't add icons to the layout because it will be incompatible with the previous version and you'll lost all of the customization you have done to the interface. ( IDEal won't be able to load previously saved layout ). So, I didn't want to update the user interface with every version, but in the next release I'll have to do that because of many changes that are waiting for a new version of the layout ( user interface).

2. Bug: Error handler box sometimes appears on exit. I can now replicate this 100% of the time by these steps ...

Thanks for the detailed explanation... unfortunately I can't reproduce it here... Tried several times following your steps but nothing.
Can you please post the last entry in your error.log file ( located in the main IDEal directory ). That would help me a lot to find the problem.

Bankie(Posted 2007) [#55]
Hmm, the bug appeared the day before yesterday, then yesterday I tried to find the way of replicating it 100% of the time and thought I'd found it, but I'm not getting the error today :s

However, below is the last entry from the error log. I will continue to have a play around and will post again once I can shed a little more light.

**********>> Created: 19/09/2007, 09:10:35<<***********
IDEal version :0.8.94
App. Path :C:\Program Files\IDEal
File Name :frmMain
Method Name :UpdateCommandUI
Error Description :Automation error
The object invoked has disconnected from its clients.
Error Number :-2147417848
Error Line :0
Error Source :IDEal
OS Info :Windows XP Version:5.1 Build:2600
Files opened :4

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#56]
Thanks Bankie, that error log should be enough I think. It may be connected with some other programs you're running at that time, so if you notice something else, please let me know.

QuickSilva(Posted 2007) [#57]
Just wanted to say that the latest build was great, as always :) I`ve been away for a bit so just wanted you to know that your hard work on this is greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to a final version at some point. Your doing a very good job at ironing out those pesky bugs.

Jason.

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2007) [#58]
HI Trixx,

remind me what UI tool are you using for the different interfaces, ie. office / xp etc?

DarkMere(Posted 2007) [#59]
This probably has nothing to do with IDEal and may be some problem unique to my computer. For some reason IDEal will simply not work any more.

If I double click on the desktop icon, or click on IDEal in the Start menu, or even double click directly onto the program in the program files directory, the cursor turns into the hour glass for a second and then nothing.

I have tried installing over the top of the old installation, no change. I have then uninstalled and then reinstalled, again no change.

There are no problems with any other programs on my computer and Blitz Plus and Visual Blitz work fine.

Anyone any ideas?

Abrexxes(Posted 2007) [#60]
Hi,

install this here : http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=7b9ba261-7a9c-43e7-9117-f673077ffb3c

bye

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#61]
@Boiled Sweets: Innovasys DockStudio XP

@DarkMere: Sounds like one bug that was present in one old version... 0.8.64 as I remember. So, please check the version you're using ?

@Abrexxes: IDEal automatically installs the latest version of the runtime dll, so probably that's not needed.

DarkMere(Posted 2007) [#62]
Thanks Trixx,

The version I was running was 0.8.77, but the latest version is installed and running.

Thanks also Abrexxes, I will remember that if I ever have a problems with something else.

lo-tekk(Posted 2007) [#63]
There's problem where the scene won't be rendered if in >preferences >compilers the checkbox "On compile, use original console..." isn't checked. This occurs with "compile and run", "compile and run last". Beside of this great work.

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#64]
Hi lo-tekk
There's problem where the scene won't be rendered

Do you mean "Unable to create 3D scene" message ? If not, can you tell me what kind of problem ?
Can you please post your system specifications, i.e CPU, RAM, OS ?
Does it always happen when you try to compile ?

Ross C(Posted 2007) [#65]
How childish of that _)) dude. Made you lots of feature requests, which you follow up on, then leave because someone calls him a name :o) Boo-hoo! Looking good man!

lo-tekk(Posted 2007) [#66]
Hi Trixx,
No error messages at all and it happens in windowed graphics mode 2 only with compile options: "compile and run", "compile and run last". Program starts and interact with inputs but the blitz window remains blank black. As already mentioned if the option "On compile, use original console..." is checked all is fine.

spec: P4 2.5, 1 GB RAM, R9800 Pro 256, WinXP Pro SP2, DX 9.0c

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#67]
@Ross C: ...

@lo-tekk: Thanks for the explanation. I'll try to reproduce it here and fix it for the next release.

lo-tekk(Posted 2007) [#68]
I could not recreate the behavior with a simple 3d scene. Must be a strange coincidence related to my code. Thanks anyway.

[EDIT] Found the suspicious line. It's something from the user32.dll: ShowWindow( SystemProperty( "AppHWND" ), True )

HeXoN(Posted 2014) [#69]
Download link on their site doesn't seem to work? Always getting "dowload.php" as the download (1Kb)

LineOf7s(Posted 2014) [#70]
Looks like you can skip the PHP and download it directly from the IDEal website. The Installer is sitting in a downloads folder. The direct link below was working for me.

http://www.fungamesfactory.com/downloads/IDEalSetup_0.8.94.exe

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/post.php?topic=103308&post=1251111

Thankyou Spencer

HeXoN(Posted 2014) [#71]
Didn't notice that post. Sorry, but thanks! :)