Robocop 2D 3

Community Forums/Showcase/Robocop 2D 3

Eck(Posted 2007) [#1]
After 2 years the third game in the Robocop 2D trilogy is now up for download.
First started as a Blitz Basic program like 2D 1 & 2 but then ported to Blitz max.
2D3 now lets the player walk in all 8 directions more like a SOR/FFight beat`em-up,
now faster & with new graphic effects and easier 3 button controls.

Pc, Mac(Intel) & Linux versions are all in the Robocop2D3.zip

Title

Street

Junkyard

http://www.parkproductions.btinternet.co.uk/

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2007) [#2]
Cool, will test this out tonight.

Grey Alien(Posted 2007) [#3]
I love robocop, I love computer games, I love 3D(ish) beat em up walk alongs aka Double Dragon, I should LOVE this. Downloading now...

Eck(Posted 2007) [#4]
What version pc,mac or linux are you playing?

MGE(Posted 2007) [#5]
Totally amazing, love it, love it!! Probably a little un-balanced, but still a great reflex fest. Job well done!

Grey Alien(Posted 2007) [#6]
lol, classic this is great! The music, the grimy graphics, the hordes of enemies, the movie samples, it's got it all, I love it! Well there's maybe too many monsters and why does Ed209's health bar got to 1 blip and then it survies for ages after. Got to OCP on PC version and got wiped out by ED209 and tons of men eventually. Love the way he's down to his face on the last life. Took until level 2 before I realised that youcould crouch to shoot crates/barrels to get (shortlived) power ups. Christ, by the end my hand nearly fell off from hammering the fire button, could do with an auto-fire. Love the motorbikes that you have to crouch to get (reminds me of Renegade). What the hell is jump for?

Anyway, good stuff, I wish there was more like this on the Showcase.

Grey Alien(Posted 2007) [#7]
pimped:

http://www.binaryjoy.co.uk/games/games-news/robocop-2d-3/

ervin(Posted 2007) [#8]
BEST. FILM. EVER.
(Robocop 1)

That is one seriously intense game!

Excellent recipe for a retro action game - mix one part Robocop and one part Renegade in a pot, and then blend in a healthy serving of Narc.

The result is delicious!

MGE(Posted 2007) [#9]
Yah, this rocks. I'd love to read a development diary on code tactics, lessons learned, etc. Again...very impressive.

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2007) [#10]
Yeah I love RoboCop, too. Will definitely check this one out.

nrasool(Posted 2007) [#11]
Lovely Eck, well done in creating the 3rd one. Can't wait for the next installment :)

Love the motorbikes that you have to crouch to get (reminds me of Renegade).

Play the original Robocop arcade/amstrad/spectrum/c64 version, and on the 1st level, half way you get 2 motorbikes, which you can either shoot, or if the motorbikes, comes close you punch, and two tyres fly off :)

impixi(Posted 2007) [#12]
Good job and nice retro-style game. No problems encountered on my MacBook Pro.

Anatoly(Posted 2007) [#13]
Your move, creep.

EDIT:
Sorry, couldn't resist. ;)

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2007) [#14]
<Next generation assault rifle in hand>
I LIKE IT!!!

Eck(Posted 2007) [#15]
@Grey Alien
Thanks for Binary Joy post.
When ED is down to 1 energy jump and shoot him in the head.

@impixi
The Mac version proved extremly easy to port from the PC Blitz Max version, we have a MacBook with Max installed and only needed to change the Framework to OpenGL drivers.

Grey Alien(Posted 2007) [#16]
nrasool: AH yes I did play it on all those platforms (except Amstrad) and also on Amiga :-) Music on C64 rocked + it had movie samples, I couldn't believe it!

Eck: welcome. Bah I knew there was a reason for the Jump button ;-)

LeisureSuitLurie(Posted 2007) [#17]
Drat. No PPC version. :(

Grisu(Posted 2007) [#18]
Great game, I love it! :)

Couldn't kill the robot, I shot it everywhere.

Could you add an arrow when it is down to tell the player where to hit it? Like the ones that point you to the right side of the screen.

In addition:
- Could you save the screen options and keys to an ini file? With a German keyboard layout where "Z" and "Y" keys are changed, it's quite difficult to play.
- At the end of a stage, could you make RC to walk out of the screen and than fade it?
- Is there some kind of stage selection or do I have to play it always from the beginning?
- Why not load your media when your company logo is displayed (intro)? No need for a "black and black" loading message.

Grey Alien(Posted 2007) [#19]
Why not add your games here:

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=69886