Sand Racers Demo

Community Forums/Showcase/Sand Racers Demo

angel martinez(Posted 2007) [#1]
I have finished (more or less) my last game made with Blitz3D : Sand Racers, it is a small racing-combat game oriented to casual. You can try the demo in the link below, it is only 3.8 Mb in size. Please tell me what you think about it (Bugs very possible). Thanks.

http://sandracers.iespana.es/

Geehawk(Posted 2007) [#2]
This looks quite nice, and has potential IMO but I was left a bit confused.

In race mode, on Easy it seemed far to hard. Especially with the red bombs/mines randomly floating around. They were unecessary IMO, and just did not fit with the theme.

CPU controlled cars always had the jump on you, as they seemed to instantly change direction with no lag that a human has.

The handling was okay, although skid noises on sand are a bit superfluous. Could be easier with a joypad, rather than keyboard.

Could be a nice Smugglers Run type game.

angel martinez(Posted 2007) [#3]
Yes, it seems a little hard but when you use and master the handbrake (space key) for sharper turns, I think it is a lot easier but challenging : ). The skid sound perhaps is superfluous but I think it add racing ambience...

NOTE: In that demo you can play without limits in the two first arenas-sceneries ( East desert and West desert) but only for a limited time in the last three arenas, before game ends.

AJirenius(Posted 2007) [#4]
Will try this as soon as I get home.
Creating a Casual-oriented game and it is almost too difficult at EASY level maybe isn't the best way. You shouldn't have to "master the handbrake" to be able to even beat the easy level. If you as the author might think it's still challenging then it's WAY too hard for the casual gamer.

angel martinez(Posted 2007) [#5]
Ok, I am going to see the difficulty...Thanks.
Please you can test other game modes ( battle and collect spheres),I think collect mode is too difficult also...

angel martinez(Posted 2007) [#6]
Uploaded a version with the difficulty adjusted ( Now the CPU controlled cars make turns smoother).