finally DX9 for B3D !

Community Forums/Showcase/finally DX9 for B3D !

Naughty Alien(Posted 2007) [#1]
..for many B3D owners sun rising again...really nice DX9 extension..shaders, shadow mapping, Dot3 with specular...etc etc...yeahhh
http://blitz.pp.ru/forum/showthread.php?s=0b6a4ad35034326d3cd4f8b643c8c6e5&threadid=2065&perpage=15&highlight=&pagenumber=1

degac(Posted 2007) [#2]
Downloading...

Naughty Alien(Posted 2007) [#3]
..I just checked now...its going to be about 100US$ when its ready for releasing..

Pinete(Posted 2007) [#4]
wow!!
this is incredible!!!!!!!
I cannot believe it!!!
Really amazing.
I need more time to assimilate this.
All examples works fine to me.

Regards!

Amon(Posted 2007) [#5]
This isn't another Blitz3D wrap with a DX9 renderer attatched, is it?

I can't read russian but methinks this might be the same lot that wrapped Blitz3D before.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2007) [#6]
..this is what author of extension saying about it..it doesnt look like thing you mention about...

http://rubux.swargo.com/?module=forum&action=topic&id=57&pid=6#6

boomboom(Posted 2007) [#7]
one of the middle demos crashed out on me, then they wouldn't run after that...seems a little unstable.

plus, from what I did see, Theres nothing in those demos that defualt b3d couldn't do, with a helping hand from the code archives.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2007) [#8]
..then you dont need this lib most probably :) as guy mentioned, full thing is in development and it will be released in 2 months roughly...

JA2(Posted 2007) [#9]
Looking forward to this! Couple of the demos didn't run for me. Shadow mapping and shaders are what I'm after...

puki(Posted 2007) [#10]
This is not the same Russian who did the Blitz3D wrap in the past few months. In fact, this isn't new. There are multiple threads on this site - two of which are current as of now.

I discovered the Russian stuff many months ago and have been watching it closely. I've posted the updates a few times in the past several months.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2007) [#11]
on my machine all examples working like a charm..shadow mapping and shaders working sooo niceee...btw, what cards you guys with bugs using?? I would like to see present situation regarding different cards..here is 7600GT...

boomboom(Posted 2007) [#12]
7600 SE

tbh, if a lib has problems with 1 card I wouln't use it

Naughty Alien(Posted 2007) [#13]
..well..thats truth..my point is that someone building DX9 extension for language I like so much (B3D) and actually samples working just fine...in comparison with few previous 'fart promises', this is nice begining..thats all..thats why Im excited..and of course this work need more time..but its happening....live long B3D..

_33(Posted 2007) [#14]
I think they should port this to BlitzMax eventually.

Gabriel(Posted 2007) [#15]
I think they should port this to BlitzMax eventually.

If it works in Blitz3d, it won't need porting. Besides which BlitzMax already has a number of commercial quality DX9 engines, so the demand would be debatable.

_33(Posted 2007) [#16]
Besides which BlitzMax already has a number of commercial quality DX9 engines, so the demand would be debatable.
How about the demand for an always better IDE?

I really think this would be, for me, the buying factor for BlitzMax if it were to exist there.

Chad(Posted 2007) [#17]
I can't seem to get it to work. I downloaded the exe, ran the installer, installed it correctly to where my Blitz3d folder is, finished installing and then started B3D and tried to open one of their samples. Result, "User lib not found" yet it (as I assume) is in the correct place. Was there anything else I needed to do or ideas to correct this?

Gabriel(Posted 2007) [#18]
How about the demand for an always better IDE?

I haven't downloaded this ( for what I hope are obvious reasons ) so forgive me if this is a stupid question. What does a better IDE have to do with a DX9 engine for Blitz3D?

Besides, BlitzMax already has a ( much ) better IDE. It's called Blide.

_33(Posted 2007) [#19]
Gabriel, you argue that there are too many 3D engines for BlitzMax, I counter argue that there are too many IDE's for BlitzMax. If there were a proper Direct X 9 engine for BlitzMax, I'd probably then buy it and program in BlitzMax, which is not the case ATM.

Gabriel(Posted 2007) [#20]
Gabriel, you argue that there are too many 3D engines for BlitzMax,

No, I didn't say there were too many. I said there were several already available. Since there are already several, I said it's debatable whether it would be worth the author's time and trouble to support a language where most of the users who want a DX9 3d engine are already using one.

If there were a proper Direct X 9 engine for BlitzMax, I'd probably then buy it and program in BlitzMax, which is not the case ATM.

But it is the case at the moment. There are several high quality DX9 engines available, two of which are $100 cheaper than this one, and you're ( apparently ) not using those for free.

In my opinion the author of this engine is doing the sensible thing and concentrating his efforts on the people he is going to sell most of these to. People with Blitz3D who want DX9 features and Blitz3D syntax.

If you say you would buy BlitzMax to use this particular engine, I have no reason to disbelieve you. I just think you're in a very small minority.

Ked(Posted 2007) [#21]
I removed this from my machine. Nasty work there.

All the examples created a new window with a stretched canvas. It kept crashing also.

big10p(Posted 2007) [#22]
I feel dirty just reading this thread.

Chad(Posted 2007) [#23]
According to Ked's reply, it sounds more like a trick than what it's supposed to be. Maybe it's good it didn't work on my computer!

Naughty Alien(Posted 2007) [#24]
..time will tell guys...im not surprised that things is not working well on all configurations...as guy said..its under development and im just happy to see that someone finally pushing it to make it happen in B3D (DX9)...so, in comparison with previous 'promises' without one single example, ecven buggy one..this is big step, and Im fully supporting it..thats just me, of course..and Puki too, I think :)

AJirenius(Posted 2007) [#25]
count me in there too. I'm very aware of unstability right now but if they just can get it stabile I sure am one using it.

ps. all examples worked great for me! ds

t3K|Mac(Posted 2007) [#26]
i'dl use it too (of course good stability is a must, just like b3d). we just have to wait...

Pete Carter(Posted 2007) [#27]
im looking into my options. blitz3d cant handle the number of animated meshes i want sence the slow down bug that is reported in the bugs forum. its really a pain because on my old graphics card with old drivers i was getting 3 times the frame rate.

anyway the examples work fine and it handles lots of animated meshes better than blitz3d at the moment.

Xzider(Posted 2007) [#28]
Everything works here, very nice.
Is this project done? And where would you buy it if its in russian?

Windows XP
1g RAM
Nvidia GeForce 6600
Dual Core

angel martinez(Posted 2007) [#29]
I get the "User lib not found" error in Windows Vista but it works well in Windows XP, :)

z4g0(Posted 2007) [#30]
arg!, old topic moved here.

Cool lib!!! waiting the final release. At the moment work all, and all is good: mesh istancing, antialias.... shadowmapping still a bit slow, and .b3D import (best .b3D import after Blitz3D) have some difference in cubemap rendering.

Staton_Richardson(Posted 2007) [#31]
User Lib not found. I don't have a problem with other user libs.

Filax(Posted 2007) [#32]
Same problem for me with vista.

Staton_Richardson(Posted 2007) [#33]
Is the DLL targeting a specific video card.
Mine is ATI Mobility X700

Ruz(Posted 2007) [#34]
worked fine with which is really old nvidia geforce 4. cool demos, which finally allows me to play with normal mapping in blitz3d

Craig H. Nisbet(Posted 2007) [#35]
What direct X9 compatable engines are there for BMax?

iprice(Posted 2007) [#36]
I'll wait for Max3D which will hopefully support Windows and OSX.

OrcSlayer(Posted 2007) [#37]
Is Max3D even still being made? It seems like it fell off the radar a long time ago...

bytecode77(Posted 2007) [#38]
when somebody wants to sell anything, it need to be commented out and documented AT LEAST in english. i won't buy this for sure. this just sick's me off...

Ruz(Posted 2007) [#39]
well i tried the normal mapping with one of my characters and it doesn't seem to be working properly. looks like a cheap bump effect

chwaga(Posted 2007) [#40]
the normal mapping in the demos looked freaking awesome, you just aren't believing in yourself :)

Banshee(Posted 2007) [#41]
It appears to be replacement commands for everything drawing and input related, meaning they are just using B3D for logic and as an IDE. As an engine it misses a lot of fundamental commands, like the surface commands.

kfprimm(Posted 2007) [#42]
Well yeah...thats the point....

Ruz(Posted 2007) [#43]
chwaga, believe me it was n't awesome at all:)
proper normal mapping has normal, specular, specular power etc. this looked pretty terrible really

Tab(Posted 2007) [#44]
I found a shader example... looks nice...
http://moka.ucoz.ru/_ld/0/49_MoKasFirstShade.rar

Xilvan(Posted 2007) [#45]
Thats the best of blitz... I'm waiting for the sale of the product... How much it will costs ?

deps(Posted 2007) [#46]
$100

A bit much for a wrapper, I think.

z4g0(Posted 2007) [#47]
I found a shader example... looks nice...
http://moka.ucoz.ru/_ld/0/49_MoKasFirstShade.rar

mmm seems good but... it running at 1 ,max 2 FPS, on my pc!

Tab(Posted 2007) [#48]
mmm seems good but... it running at 1 ,max 2 FPS, on my pc!

I have over 350 FPS in my GF7600GS...

$100

A bit much for a wrapper, I think.

May be, but if the compatibility and performance are good... I think that would be a reasonable price for DX9 in B3D.

_33(Posted 2007) [#49]
yep about 350 fps too on my older modded X800 card. Looks pretty good!