Project Studio 2007 Express for Blitz3d Updated

Community Forums/Showcase/Project Studio 2007 Express for Blitz3d Updated

Matthew Smith(Posted 2007) [#1]
5 September 2007 - Updated

Everyone,

A new update is available for users of the FREE Project Studio 2007 Express for Blitz3d/Basic. Please download vai the website www.projectstudioide.com or via the link in my signature. This update is recommended for all users.

Changes in 1.0.32.0:

* Added a new plug-in for Web development. New language definitions for HTML (including editing a mix of HTML, JScript, VBScript and CSS), CSS and pHp. Some basic intellisense included
* Updated the XML and C# language definitions in the Common plug-in
* Updated the compiler and debugger routines to better handle errors or issues and highlight the offending line temporarily
* Updated the word completion to properly indent the added information
* Updated the If/EndIf word completion to not activate where Then, Return or Exit is on the current line
* Fixed an issue with the Font and Colors not resetting when 'closing without save' in the opens and alos when sync'ing internal references when loading
* Various other minor fixes, changes and enhancements...

Fully un-install and remove the existing installation folder before re-installing. Note: your user settings will not be lost

Also, if you have already using this program feel free to provide any feedback either via this forum or the Project Studio forum.

Thanks for you continued support!

xmlspy(Posted 2007) [#2]
This seems intersting. I have seen many IDE's and I always end up coming back to the classic B3D IDE. But this one feels very polished and sleek. It's pretty good so far.

I do love the Visual IDE from Microsoft but I think it's way to heavy and there's too much stuff in each package.

The best third party Blitz IDE I have tried is Protean.
IDEal pisses me off.

BMax IDE has given me the reason to not even use the language. It's harder to find info on the commands. Specially if you don't know the proper name of what you are looking for. If you can fix that problem with Max I will buy your IDE.

Matthew Smith(Posted 2007) [#3]
xmlsply,

Thanks for your kind words. I've grabbed the key features of VS as my base for Project Studio as they are familar to a lot of people - hopefully making it easier to pickup and use the program.

The intellisense is much more advanced for BlitzMax, but as it stands it's working very well. All the keywords exposed and available in the documentation will be available in the intellisense. Tooltips also provide detailed information in regard to the module it is from and any descriptions applied - just need to add the ability to include keywords which are exposed in the language, but not available in the documentation.

Still have more work to do, but the testers like what they see currently. As you point out you specially need to know keywords sometimes - one of the main reasons I have build the IDE as it makes learning the language easier.

A release is still a little way off, but I expect it to be the best available (that what I'm hoping anyway!) when complete.

slenkar(Posted 2007) [#4]
the title makes it sound like a microsoft product.
Why is it free?

Matthew Smith(Posted 2007) [#5]
Chunckations, unfortuntely I'm not the most original ideas person, but the names in this case do help reflect the benefits of each.

Project Studio Express is free because I wanted a product that anyone could use - it reflects the majority of features that come with the provided IDEs plus a few enhancements, such as intellisense.

Hopefully, people will like what they see and look to purchase the Professional version once thats released.

Matthew Smith(Posted 2007) [#6]
Everyone,

An updated release to Project Studio Express for Blitz3d/Basic is now available. See the first post for details.

Also the BlitzMax plug-in is coming along really well. Only have a couple of items left on the list before this and the Professional version will be released. Hope to see something before Christmas.

Filax(Posted 2007) [#7]
Good job ! I'll take a look :) Seem speed to launch ! it's
a good stuff. Can't wait to see the blitzmax version :)

caff_(Posted 2007) [#8]
Yep, great IDE. Would really like to see it working with Blitzmax, I can't get on with any of the other IDEs.

Matthew Smith(Posted 2007) [#9]
Thanks guys!

Hopefully not too long now - the debugger has been pretty much finalised now (going through some testing as we speak), so just a few more things to finish on the intellisense side and should be right to go. I'm really hoping for a release October/November.