Windows XP
Windows Vista

BETA DOWNLOAD

Fuller(Posted 2007) [#2]
what exactly is it?

Ked(Posted 2007) [#3]
screensaver.

Amon(Posted 2007) [#4]
Ok, I've downloaded it and it came with an installer. I installed (it wanted to install in to a "windows" folder) it and then went to try it. A screen popped up and then it closed.

I tried it a second time but this time running it as administrator and it started up, some text saying demo showed on screen then it closed.

My specs are in my sig.

[edit] Ah, missed your reply while I was typing. It being a screensaver would explain why it closed before I could see anything. Will test again. :)

MGE(Posted 2007) [#5]
I like the idea of this one. It ran around 30fps on my dev box, I'd probably have a few choices for res's on the actual release. It looks like it's running in a fairly high res or perhaps it's using desltop res? In any event, have a 640x480 or 800x600 mode if possible. ;)

This could end up being a fun screensaver, keep at it!

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2007) [#6]
1. Default directory of c:\windows is not good!
2. You could perhaps "pak" the images so that I cannot change them , redistribute them etc.
3. Uninstaller didn't remove some folders

Ked(Posted 2007) [#7]
It ran around 30fps on my dev box

Ooo. But did it look like it had frame rate problems? It was intended for 60fps.

It looks like it's running in a fairly high res or perhaps it's using desltop res?

It should be going by what your desktop res is. But I will add choices on resolution here soon.

1. Default directory of c:\windows is not good!

But isn't that where the screensavers go for Windows to load? Oh, but if your using Vista or anything later than XP or any other OS that probably won't work. I'll do more research to make it compatible with other OS's.

EDIT: You're right. Not a good place.

2. You could perhaps "pak" the images so that I cannot change them , redistribute them etc.

I could do that, I guess. Or I could move them to a bunch of hidden folders. But once again I'll need to do research on that so that it's compatible with other OS's.

3. Uninstaller didn't remove some folders

Ok. Thanks for letting me know. I'll look at my installer again.

Ked(Posted 2007) [#8]
UPDATE-
1. I did what Boiled Sweets suggested and used TeraPak to Pak my images.

2. I updated the Installer so that it unloads to C:\WINDOWS\System32 where the real screensavers are held.

EDIT: I noticed that when you have the FPS counter on screen it slows everything down to 30fps. So that will be removed in the release version.

Ked(Posted 2007) [#9]
UPDATE-
1. I added another bomb type: Dynamite wad.
2. Added another explosion Type to go with the new bomb.

Re-download to see the changes.