Dungeon Maker Alpha 3 is out

Community Forums/Showcase/Dungeon Maker Alpha 3 is out

MadMunky(Posted 2007) [#1]
Dungeon Maker is a roleplaying game creator and was inspired by all the old Dungeon Crawlers games like Bloodwych, Dungeon Master and Eye of the Beholder. The idea behind Dungeon Maker is to remake all these old games in a updated engine using all the latest features that PCs can do these days using 3D but to also keep the feeling of playing an old classic game. The beauty of Dungeon Maker is that it is going to be a game plus a game editor so will be fully editable so people can remake there own games.
Note: Dungeon Maker is still in an Alpha phase and is therefore not a release. People are free to play around with it, but it is far from stable nor finished.

puki(Posted 2007) [#2]
Ah, I remember this - didn't know you were still working on it.

I'll take a look at this later.

impixi(Posted 2007) [#3]
Dungeon Maker does not run for me. I double-click the desktop icon and … nothing. However, the character generator and level editor seem to run okay.

My video specs: NVidia 8800GTS 640mb.

I remember trying an earlier version quite some time ago, and I’d be interested in seeing this latest version.

Why are you RARing the file? You’re only saving about 700k over the already packaged and compressed 80M MSI file.

MadMunky(Posted 2007) [#4]
impixi hmm...
I have no idea why it won't work for you. I will take a look at it. Does loading a map in editor and then pressing F12 to test the map in window mode work for u?
Also, I RARed it cause I was not sure if the ftp allows uploading executables. Also, many people have blockers that won't allow downloading executables.

EDIT:
I uploaded an update which should work. It's unRARed and the game should be working now. Let me know if it works for you too.

impixi(Posted 2007) [#5]
Okay, the updated version runs fine. It’s looking really good so far. Since it’s alpha, there’s probably no point posting any comments, except to say I think you’re definitely on the right track to achieving your objectives.

What language are you coding it in? Blitz3D?

MadMunky(Posted 2007) [#6]
Thanks. :)
You can always post comments and questions on our own forums, no problem.
And indeed, it's Blitz3D.