Eschalon: Book I (Teaser)

Community Forums/Showcase/Eschalon: Book I (Teaser)

Tachyon(Posted 2007) [#1]
Howdy!

I know many of you have asked about the status of this project, so I thought I'd let everyone know that the teaser video has been released. GameBanshee.com is hosting it and it's in DivX format. Here's a direct link:

http://gamebanshee.com/videos/eschalonbooki/eschalon_teaser_divx.avi

Final game should be finished, um, soon! ;)

Apollonius(Posted 2007) [#2]
good job it's hawt :D

Starwar(Posted 2007) [#3]
Looks like fun. When can we play?

bruZard(Posted 2007) [#4]
wow! looks very good!

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2007) [#5]
I dont say it often cos I have such high standards, but ....

HOLY SHIT. this thing has a good future ahead of it m8, very good future and you dont need to be phsycic to see it either.

Very well done.

Grey Alien(Posted 2007) [#6]
yep. Holy shit pretty much sums it up.

Can you put this video on youtube so I can big it up on BinaryJoy.com?

Some bits of the game in the video are a bit dark and small, they could do with being zoomed in.

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2007) [#7]
Not my type of game, BUT it looks great....

Tachyon(Posted 2007) [#8]
Thanks everyone!

Grey: I can put it up on YouTube soon. I let GameBanshee have an "exclusive" for a couple weeks because they agreed to host the file and eat the bandwidth. I wanted people to be able to download the file vs. view it in a YouTube window. I can let everyone know when it gets "leaked" to the video portals.

[edit] Oh, and someone emailed me and asked if it was done in BlitzMax. It is 100% BlitzMax, no 3rd party mods. I need nothing more than the latest version of BlitzMax to compile it, and the source code readily compiles and plays on all three platforms (PC/MacOS/Linux) right now with no further modification. Viva la BlitzMax!

coffeedotbean(Posted 2007) [#9]
Ok now your just showing off =D

Great trailer, great screens should get loads of exposure but how does it play? me wanna play.

Grey Alien(Posted 2007) [#10]
Tachyon: Let me know when the video is on you tube then and I'll put it on BinaryJoy. Better still get a game demo ready :-)

tonyg(Posted 2007) [#11]
Been following this for some time as the screenshots looked good and seeing them in action is fantastic.
Now I hear it's 100% BlitzMax I don't know whether to cheer or cry.
Once a demo is available and you have some time it'd be good if we could have a Q&A session from the Bmax
Technical angle.
So far, I would ask questions about the lighting used as some looks like LIGHTBLEND while others look a bit hardware-ish.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2007) [#12]
Yeah I would love to know what frame control code was used.

Would also be interested in how the quest engine was done, I assume there are of course quests.

Filax(Posted 2007) [#13]
Excellent! great job :)

Why0Why(Posted 2007) [#14]
Wow. This looks like a purchase :) Can't wait for a demo.

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2007) [#15]
If it plays as good as it looks, I will be buying. Very professional looking.

impixi(Posted 2007) [#16]
Very impressive!

Torrente(Posted 2007) [#17]
Looks excellent. Awesome job!

andy_mc(Posted 2007) [#18]
looks great

_33(Posted 2007) [#19]
Yep some parts of the video are dark, small and not quite clear. It could do with little zooming and brightness/contrast adjustments just for the trailer. But it's really a neat little montage you have here.

IPete2(Posted 2007) [#20]
Wonderful work - well done - as stated above this looks like it could do very very well indeed.

Good luck with it.

Let us know when a demo is ready for playing please.

IPete2.

PS I forgot to say it's a nicely edited exciting teaser too - well done on that.

D4NM4N(Posted 2007) [#21]
Oh yeah! ive been waiting for this one :)

Chroma(Posted 2007) [#22]
I can't see the video atm but from previous SS I think it's gonna do very well. I state that I'd buy this but I haven't bought Tank Universal yet and I don't want MJ droppin' bombs on my house! ;)

D4NM4N(Posted 2007) [#23]
What battle system are you using? is it d20 or something or did you design your own system?

Tachyon(Posted 2007) [#24]
It's a custom system.

nrasool(Posted 2007) [#25]
I just got to say --- WOW!!, this looks great. Normally I'm not into RPG, but this looks superb.

When are you hoping to have it released?

Tachyon(Posted 2007) [#26]
Release should be very, very soon. I'm hesitant to give an exact date because I've been wrong so many times before, but I'm in polishing mode now with beta testing starting next month.