Encrypt-Decrypt

Community Forums/Showcase/Encrypt-Decrypt

Ked(Posted 2007) [#1]
Everyone,
Sorry for all of this but I seriously messed up. Plimus didn't help any also. (They won't return my questions.) So I am releasing Encrupt-Decrypt for free. I will still be making a Vista version and I will be updating them every now and then. Sorry for any confusion there may have been. I didn't think it was going to be this hard! =)

Credit to fall_x for the encryption/decryption codes.
NOTE: All I did was put a GUI on it. ;)
DOWNLOAD:
SendSpace File

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2007) [#2]
If we could use it inside bmax it would be nice.

Ked(Posted 2007) [#3]
What do you mean "inside bmax"?

TheSin(Posted 2007) [#4]
i'd like it, please :-)

Ked(Posted 2007) [#5]
BTW, you need to have Windows XP. I updated the top. I'll get the link ready.

WedgeBob(Posted 2007) [#6]
I have a dual-boot of XP and Vista, perhaps a port to Vista would not be out of the question, would it?

If not, well, I'm still on the forwards/backwards compatibility combo here, so I'm not complaining.

Ked(Posted 2007) [#7]
Links are up. I will be starting a Vista version soon, for all you Vista people.

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2007) [#8]
*GASP* You're charging $15 for what exactly?

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2007) [#9]
One day's work

Kev(Posted 2007) [#10]
what encryption does it use?

Ked(Posted 2007) [#11]
bump

EDIT:
@Kev: I'm not sure. I had help from fall_x's code snippet. =)
It's not secure, I hear.
(I hope that wasn't illegal though, that I used fall_x's code)

GfK(Posted 2007) [#12]
I see its free now. Nobody would have paid for it anyway since simple XOR-based encryption is enough for 99% of purposes. Above that, most of the people here are easily capable of writing their own encryption stuff.

bump
You don't need to bump threads, or rather, there's no point. If there's enough interest they'll stay up the top of the list anyway. If they drop off the bottom in a day, its because nobody's got anything to say. Bumping won't change that.
what encryption does it use?

I'm not sure. I had help from fall_x's code snippet. =)

So you were trying to sell code that somebody else wrote?

Doubt its illegal. Certainly immoral.

Ked(Posted 2007) [#13]
I see its free now. Nobody would have paid for it anyway since simple XOR-based encryption is enough for 99% of purposes. Above that, most of the people here are easily capable of writing their own encryption stuff.

Oh.
You don't need to bump threads, or rather, there's no point. If there's enough interest they'll stay up the top of the list anyway. If they drop off the bottom in a day, its because nobody's got anything to say. Bumping won't change that.

Oh... again.

So, is this pretty much useless? I am thinking about updating it so you can use it from inside Blitz, if that will make it a little bit more usable, otherwise I am going to leave this as it is and not touch it again.

EDIT:

So you were trying to sell code that somebody else wrote?

Doubt its illegal. Certainly immoral.

I just thought that since it said you didn't need permission I could use it. Yes, I know that it is not "good" to sell your own product with a snippet of someone else's code. But its free now so drop it about selling it.

[on-a-funny-note]
At least I didn't pull a "Xilvan" on you for the criticism.
(If you don't get it look at this.
But most-likely you'll get it... I can't remember if you posted on that or not.)
[/on-a-funny-note]

Ked(Posted 2007) [#14]
Thanks mod!

GfK(Posted 2007) [#15]
So, is this pretty much useless?
No its not useless (I assume - I haven't tried it). Its just that you shouldn't really be charging for it, or passing it off as your own.
[on-a-funny-note]But most-likely you'll get it...
Yeah, I got it. ;)
I can't remember if you posted on that or not
I most certainly did. Actually I think it was me that set him off. :)

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2007) [#16]
Inside bmax as a module, so we can encrypt our resource files for bmax.

xMicky(Posted 2007) [#17]
I just added some code derived from my own engine-project to the code archive which may be useful if you want to distribute your application with encrypted media:

http://www.blitzbasic.com/codearcs/codearcs.php?code=2061