A sort of game somewhat in progress kinda

Community Forums/Showcase/A sort of game somewhat in progress kinda

SpaceAce(Posted 2007) [#1]
Due to a commitment to another project I am working on with a partner, I haven't done much with this, but when the other project is done, I'd like to expand this into a sort of shoot-em-up. Play around with this little demo and tell me if it runs smoothly on your machine, if the physics look and feel right, etc. Any little bits of feedback would be nice.

You start in 800x600 full screen; hit F to toggle between full screen and windowed, and K to toggle between 800x600 and 1024x768.
Use F9, F10, and F11 to increase your ship's rotational speed, top speed and acceleration.
Hit F5, F6, and F7 to change ship models.
Hit J to reset your ship's model and screen position.
Use the spacebar to fire and use 1 and 2 to switch between your regular weapon and the machine gun.

Edit: Oh, yeah, use D to toggle the debug display.
Edit the Second: Two of the ship models in this program are rendered from Turbosquid freebies, the third came from another freebie site. The building tiles came from Reiner's Free Tilesets, which is probably the greatest free 2D art resource in the history of mankind; Reiner deserves a Nobel Prize, at minimum.

Download link:
http://tripsixes.com/blitztemp/Infiltrator.zip

SpaceAce

Amon(Posted 2007) [#2]
Link no worky.

SpaceAce(Posted 2007) [#3]
Fixing now...

The link should work now.

SpaceAce

Grey Alien(Posted 2007) [#4]
Works smooth here. I'm not sure there's enough of it to comment on really. The K key to switch resolutions is neat btw.

SpaceAce(Posted 2007) [#5]
Yeah, there's no real playability, yet. I just want to see if the physics feel right and if the graphics run smoothly on a variety of systems.

The K key to switch resolutions is neat btw.

I see what you did there :)

SpaceAce

Grey Alien(Posted 2007) [#6]
I think it would be easier to comment on the physics if you did this:

- made a basic map that looks like something.
- made a couple of things to shoot.

Then people would be more incentivised to test it and see if it feels right. (I'm just laszy ;-)) My 0.02$