Simple Hopping Game

Community Forums/Showcase/Simple Hopping Game

impixi(Posted 2007) [#1]
EDIT: Removed dead project and dead links.

Stevie G(Posted 2007) [#2]
I have to confess that I didn't like the look of it from the screenshot but as graphics don't make a game I gave it a go. It ran smooth here @ 61 fps on the Moving level with default settings.

Specs p4 3ghz, gfx440mx, xp pro, 512mb ram.

I probably didn't play it long enough but was there a point to the shooting 'cos I just picked stuff up by moving over it and there didn't seem to be anything to shoot?

Anyway, not a bad effort.

Stevie

RedFox(Posted 2007) [#3]
61FPS

Specs Dual Core 1, ATI Mobility X1600, xp pro SP2, 2GB ram

impixi(Posted 2007) [#4]
Thanks for testing.

Stevie G, there are some deadly 'vaporous' objects in some levels that you must shoot to kill or they will kill you.

You can shoot the white blocks for a small score or you can leave them for other situations involving flying discs whereby score may be maximised.

You can shoot the treasure blocks to release a single treasure object (sometimes this is easier and safer than moving into them).

You can shoot the '? blocks' to release a random flying disc rather than moving into them to release treasure. There are situations where this is more favourable for potential score.

The game is about maximising score and not getting killed in the process. Your score is only applicable if you reach the end of the level. There is some strategy involved though perhaps the game is not fun enough trying to discover it.

Heh, the graphics are simple and an unusual style but not that bad I thought. Ah well, I guess I’ll abandon this project and go back to 3d.