IndeED 2.0 released

Community Forums/Showcase/IndeED 2.0 released

MikeHart(Posted 2007) [#1]
Hi folks,

I'm not sure if someone is still using IndeED. If yes, then you might wanna look at IndeED 2.0.
I started to work on it again, added some basic code folding and will work on it further.
I stopped developing IndeED for quite some time for several reasons.

One suggestion for you that lead to the stop of IndeED's development in the past; Backup your sources AND the tools you work with! I had big time troubles after a complete reinstall to get my Delphi into shape so it could compile IndeED again.
But hey, IndeED 2.0 is free and if someone likes it, feel free to make some suggestions.

Cheers
Michael

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2007) [#2]
Thanks for this gift. It's not easy with competitors like IDEAL, but your's offers some advantages: .NET not required (I assume), works not only with Blitz3D. Just downloaded, thanks!

MikeHart(Posted 2007) [#3]
No it doesn't require .NET. Never did and never will.

amonite(Posted 2007) [#4]
Thanks very much for making this available for free, i have just tested it quickly last night without any problem. I will use it for my project i'm working on and see if i enjoy coding with it.

MikeHart(Posted 2007) [#5]
I suggest that you donwload the Gettings started guide. It is a little dated but a lot of the functionalities are described there. I plan on rewriting it to bring it to the actual level of IndeED.

Difference(Posted 2007) [#6]
Looking good.
I've tried loading a few BlitzMax files, and the Type list is not working correctly. It list way to much: fields, locals, functions all together.

amonite(Posted 2007) [#7]
Regarding the syntax color tool, this is annoying : what follows the semi colon is the same color as if it was a comment.
It's like it's mixing both Blitz3D and BlitzMax comments.
Also there are .opti files left after compilation. Is there a way to avoid this from happening ?

thanks.

MikeHart(Posted 2007) [#8]
The opti file stores settings like execution path and stuff like that. For BlitzMax it might by not so neccesary and usefull like it is for IBAsic Pro.

@Benyboy: I will check the comment problem. Thanks for letting me know. I had to recode the highlighting part as I lost it before.

@Peter: Can you tell me a sample source where it happens? I'm not that familiar with BlitzMax at the moment.

MikeHart(Posted 2007) [#9]
Ok BenyBoy: The comment problem will be fixed in the next release. Was easy.

Peter, I think I see what you mean. SO you prefer to see only the real type declaration. I'll see what I can do.

MikeHart(Posted 2007) [#10]
@Benyboy: Next release will give you an option, to not save to opti files.

amonite(Posted 2007) [#11]
Great !! looking forward to the next release :)

ksalomao(Posted 2007) [#12]
Very good!! I will use it

MikeHart(Posted 2007) [#13]
Thanks folks for the encouringing words. :)

popcade(Posted 2007) [#14]
I must say this is a killer and light-weight IDE, probably the best available, and it's even free!!

Big&(Posted 2007) [#15]
Yep, must agree with the others, this is excellent.

A quick question: Is there anyway to turn on the "Build GUI App" for Blitz Max?
I have had a good look through the options, or is it as simple as sticking something in the parameter setting?

Thanks in advance.

MikeHart(Posted 2007) [#16]
Hi Big,
right now not. But I will have a closer look at the BlitzMax support tommorow. I need to hit the bed now. BlitzMax changed a lot since I last worked on IndeED's support for it. I will see what I can do.

Cheers
Michael

GfK(Posted 2007) [#17]
A quick question: Is there anyway to turn on the "Build GUI App" for Blitz Max?
Its been a while since I looked at IndeED, but as I recall, that was the main reason I decided to go with BLIde instead.

Big&(Posted 2007) [#18]
Thanks Mike and Gfk.

It would be excellent to add but I am not hassling. All I am really wanting it for it to get rid of the DOS box after you compile and run your program.

MikeHart(Posted 2007) [#19]
Hi guys,

I uploaded version 2.01 to my site. Here are the changes:

**** IndeED Version 2.01 **** (released June 23rd, 2007)

Fixes:

1. SynMods for BlitzMAx didn't work
2. Fixed a lot of BlitzMax settings as they are outdated
3. Fixed a crash that could occur when you close IndeED right after compiling
a BlitzMAX app

Changes:

1. Typelist show now only Type declarations with BlitzMax

New Functionalities:

1. Option in the sync mod dialog for syncing user modules
2. Option in the Editor settings to not use the OPTI files
3. Added BlitzMax Document Modules entry inside the Tools menu
4. Added Quick Build (for BlitzMax) entry inside the Build menu

amonite(Posted 2007) [#20]
Thank you, this is cool, switching from the default bmax IDE to IndeED :)
This will help me.

MikeHart(Posted 2007) [#21]
If you find something not working like expected, feel free to tell me :)

amonite(Posted 2007) [#22]
Hello,
My project is made of 14 files, i just added to one of the files one line of pasted code then it refused to compile and run (debug ON, quick build OFF) :
Build error:failed to compile C:/BlitzMax/...
Then i ran the same code/project in the default blitzmax IDE and it compiled and ran just fine !
Thought maybe you would like to know.

Big&(Posted 2007) [#23]
Excellent update :)

I noticed that when you click at the end of a line with the mouse and the editor highlights the brackets "()", if there are any tabs at the beginning of the line, it draws the brackets in the wrong place.

eg:
(tab)DrawPlayer()

will come out as:
(tab)DrawPla()r()

I have done some checking and this only seems to happen if the source file has been worked on with the original BlitzMax IDE. Anything new typed in seems to work fine.

I have tried it with tabs as spaces also and it still does it.

MikeHart(Posted 2007) [#24]
@Benyboy: Is the path to BlitzMax set correctly inside the compiler settings? Can you compile and run examples fine? Please activate writing to a log file in the settings, restart IndeED and then try to compile your sample again. Then close IndeED and send me the logfile or post it over at my site in the forum.

@Big&: Mmh, I will see what I can do. So even when you activated Tabs as spaces and reloaded the source, it does this?

Big&(Posted 2007) [#25]
@MikeHart: Yes, it still does it. But whatever you have typed in with IndeED still seems ok, just the old stuff seems to be wrong. I can send you some example source if need be.

MikeHart(Posted 2007) [#26]
@Big&: I'll let you know if I need it. It should be visible with the samples that come with the distribution.