Dungeons of Fear

Community Forums/Showcase/Dungeons of Fear

Sauer(Posted 2007) [#1]
Dungeons of Fear is a retro styled online competition. The game itself is simple, which allows for easy alteration of the code for future competitions. To learn more, please visit www.dungeonsoffear.com. Take a look around the site, and if you have any questions/comments just e-mail them to contact@.... Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for reading, see you at www.dungeonsoffear.com.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2007) [#2]
nevermind..

Sauer(Posted 2007) [#3]
It was worth a try...

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2007) [#4]
I was talking about the forums BB code for the links, but you already edited it, so I edited my comment to "nevermind".

The project is interesting from what I see so far.

gosse(Posted 2007) [#5]
errr...

So... I pay 5$ to enter the competition... and if I win I get "free entry into the next competition"?
I fail to see the incentive to participate in such competition...

Or is it that you are selling a game for 5$ and that you offer a free copy of the next one if they finish it the first?
Maybe it's just the presentation that makes it seem bad.

Sauer(Posted 2007) [#6]
In response to goose:

Essentially, yes, its just giving away money as you put it previously.

Origionally I had planned to give a cash prize, but decided against it for two reasons. First, I think its illegal without some kind of liscense. Second, I didn't want to risk losing money and dealing with all the people that would somehow find loopholes. It was just a bad idea.

The top 5% thing was a last minute change so that I didn't have to completely alter my website. Right now, I'm currently looking for other avenues to present an incentive, but every idea just seems as enticing (rather, lack of it). I'm considering making the competition completely free, because at least people would be playing it.

Thanks for the feedback, I greatly appreciate it.

JustLuke(Posted 2007) [#7]
Get real. No one will pay $5 to possibly win the chance to enter your next competition free of charge.

To anyone tempted to hand over $5 for the opportunity to win this "prize":

I invite you to join my competition.
Pay me just $4 and I will definitely let you enter my next competition for free.
That's right, folks, you're all guaranteed winners!
All this for only $4!

Grey Alien(Posted 2007) [#8]
By the title I hoped to see a rad Blitz RPG game I could download (in 2D or 3D, I'm not fussy) but alas it was not to be.

Sauer(Posted 2007) [#9]
Thank you for the advice, hopefully I'll get something off the ground.

gosse(Posted 2007) [#10]
I think it's in the way you advertise it.
You should put it as you are selling the game 5$, with maybe a demo download. Not advertise it as paying 5$ to enter a competition.
Then, offer, as a bonus, the first X people to finish it get a free copy of the sequel.
It would sound a lot less fishy. I don't know why, the way its presented makes the word "scam" flash all over my screen.

Sauer(Posted 2007) [#11]
Hmmm... Thats a good suggestion. I think what I'm going to do is make the competition completely free though. From some of the replies I've had above, I just don't think it will sell.

I hate to give up on it, but thats what things are looking like so far.