Secrets of Egypt (Egoshooter-Editor)

Community Forums/Showcase/Secrets of Egypt (Egoshooter-Editor)

BlitzCaser(Posted 2007) [#1]

With "Secret of Egypt" you have the possiblity to design levels egyptian style. In order to work with the editor, you have to understand german language.

Download: http://www.blitzcase.com/secretsofegypt

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2007) [#2]
Ah, good to know I don't have to learn hieroglyphs in order to play the game... :P Just kiddin. That's looking really good. One thing: I'm missing lightmaps. Suggestion: how about an exporter function that would collapse all level objects (well, the static ones) and export it as B3D. You could then import it in (example given) giles, lightmap it, then reimport the result in SoE, using some kind of special level loading mode.

BlitzCaser(Posted 2007) [#3]
That's a great idea.. but how do I export every mesh in a scene to b3d ? I didn't know that it's possible to do so.. (Meshes are in 3ds)

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2007) [#4]
first store their (entity) position, scaling and rotation, then position them at 0,0,0, rotate 0,0,0 and scale 1.0,1.0,1.0, then POsitionMesh, RotateMesh and ScaleMesh the entities with these values. Now you can CreateMesh a new mesh, then AddMesh them all together to this new mesh. Then use the SaveB3D code I released (code archives) to export it, the latest version supports almost every b3d feature (except some dds problems).

Alternatively you may edit the SaveB3D code in a way that will save multiple entities in one file, this should be pretty easy, simply use parallel nodes inside the file for every entity. Then use LoadAnimMesh to load it and you should be able to access the entities as children.

BlitzCaser(Posted 2007) [#5]
I'll give it a try..

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2007) [#6]
Did it work?

BlitzCaser(Posted 2007) [#7]
I think it'll work, but I wont insert the feature this month..
Next month I've more time to do some programming.. maybe I'll update the "Secrets of Egypt"-Editor - maybe I use the feature in "AR Legend 2" in order to have more lighting effects.. you'll see. :)

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2007) [#8]
Sounds good. I hope Lightmapping won't kill the daytime effects you already got there. That's looking good.