HSG Presents Puzld1

Community Forums/Showcase/HSG Presents Puzld1

Aeronux(Posted 2007) [#1]
Chris:
Overview:
Puzld1 is a sort of puzzle game, wherein the player tries to fill up the board whilst gaining the most possible points. After a board is finished, the player is given a letter grade; "A", "B", "C", "D", or "F." Multiple boards gain in difficulty for fast play, and the boards.info file can easily be modified for additional boards and play time.

Example Screenshot:

You can find out more about Hopping Stone Games and our productions, as well as try out this game by visiting www.hoppingstone.com

Thank you for your support, and we're looking forward to recieving your critiques!

Geehawk(Posted 2007) [#2]
First off it would be nice in a mouse controlled game to not have to press Enter to continue, why not click.

Is it intentional for Esc to take you back to the start, but then hit enter takes you back to the level you Esc'd on ??

Colour cycling background is not nice on the eyes IMO.

Having read and reread the instructions I still have no idea as to what Im supposed to be doing other than clicking on blank squares. Seem to get a lot of 'A's though.

Sometimes clicking on a blank nothing happens. Other times the board starts and a square goes red even though I've not yet clicked ???

Also seem to be able to click faster than the tiles get updated so it stays grey until a few clicks later and 'catches up'. Sometimes it does not catch up and they stay blank.

Have to say I just got frustrated and gave up.

Aeronux(Posted 2007) [#3]
Chris:
First off it would be nice in a mouse controlled game to not have to press Enter to continue, why not click.
True, true. I'll add this for sure.

Is it intentional for Esc to take you back to the start, but then hit enter takes you back to the level you Esc'd on ??
It takes you to the menu. I'll change it so that on the main menu it has 'Continue Playing' as well as 'New Game.'

Having read and reread the instructions I still have no idea as to what Im supposed to be doing other than clicking on blank squares. Seem to get a lot of 'A's though.
This is the biggest problem that my friends and I were trying to solve. We thought that having the bonus points for directions and lineups would make things more strategic, but it didn't seem to work. If anyone can help with this, that'd be great.

Sometimes clicking on a blank nothing happens. Other times the board starts and a square goes red even though I've not yet clicked ???

Also seem to be able to click faster than the tiles get updated so it stays grey until a few clicks later and 'catches up'

Have to say I just got frustrated and gave up.
This is a problem I thought I'd gotten rid of. I'll have to search when I have a few hours of free time.