In-Game GUI

Community Forums/Showcase/In-Game GUI

mothmanbr(Posted 2007) [#1]
I've started working on this for my game, and I only programmed the things I will need for this project. But I do have plans of continuing it in the future, implementing what is still needed and making it more user-friendly, so perhaps it can become a module sometime.

What does it have?
* Color, Alpha, Position, Line Width, etc can be adjusted for every single object.
* Windows can be dragged or locked in place. You can choose to only have one window in focus on the screen, or multiple ones. If you choose only one, whenever you click another window, that window will be focused while the others will lose focus, moving behind it.
* All actions are triggered through events, just like in MaxGUI.
* Working buttons, check boxes, lists, labels and text fields.
* Buttons can be enabled or disabled.
* When you click a text field, it'll allow you to type until you press enter(this part still needs some work).

So far so good I believe. At least the parts I need work just fine :)

I built this small demo app to show most things this GUI can do now. I'm sorry for uploading at rapidshare, but sendpsace is down for me right now.

http://rapidshare.com/files/35900255/gui.rar.html

Kev(Posted 2007) [#2]
Hi mothmanbr.

I like your GUI :) a couple of points though.

1) i think when you want to set focus to a new window currently its only possable by clicking its title-bar. i would think focus should be gained by clicking any place within the window.

2) you can move the window completly out of the blitzmax visable window rect. doing this is impossable to get the window back as the title-bar is lost.

3) cursor movment in edit gadgets is not possable, do you plan on adding this?

kev

Grey Alien(Posted 2007) [#3]
Looks nice.

mothmanbr(Posted 2007) [#4]
Thanks Kev and Grey Alien.

1) You're right, I'll fix that.

2) And that too :P

3) I do plan on adding that, I just don't know when.

Wiebo(Posted 2007) [#5]
I like it, I am making something similar for my new game =]