Cataclysm clone

Community Forums/Showcase/Cataclysm clone

JBR(Posted 2007) [#1]
Based on Cataclysm on the RISCOS computers.

Click here!

Keys are Z,X for left right and ',/ for up down and RETURN to drop a block.

Been sitting on my HD for a while now, I know the graphics ain't very good but have a play and tell me if I should finish it.

Cheers
Jim

McSeb(Posted 2007) [#2]
I kinda like the graphics except for the player's square cat thing.

I've never played the original so it took me a while to figure out what the hell your suppose to do, you might want to put up some instructions.

I really like your water but it reacts more like sand, maybe you should make it look like sand.

Not a big fan of your control scheme, I'm an Arrow Key man...

I like it, you should really finish it.

I still don't know what the grey cubes with red circles do. I drained everything out the bottom funnel but nothing happened, as I said, an objective would be helpful.

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2007) [#3]
Yeah I like it. Well worth finishing. Love the water effect, just like the old version.

Grey Alien(Posted 2007) [#4]
yeah the graphics are functional, just replace the cat thing, it's the only out of place thing. I know lots of old games used ZX and other weird keys but I'm not sure "emulating" those old keys is a good idea any more when we have a perfectly good set of arrow keys...

Geehawk(Posted 2007) [#5]
I personally find the old zx cobination much nicer than using the arrow keys, I guess this is another arguement for user defined controls.

As said before just change the square 'cat' and I think the graphics are fine.

Not familiar with the original but it seems like it could be a nice alternative puzzler to me.

Finish it.

McSeb(Posted 2007) [#6]
ZX/' and Arrow Keys can coexist in harmony with a little "or" statement

JBR(Posted 2007) [#7]
Thanks guys, I'll try to put a few levels together and change some stuff you mentioned.
Jim

Andy_A(Posted 2007) [#8]
Definable keys would be 'nice' but the game objective is a must (what does what, and what's the goal?)

Other than that, looks good and is definitely worth finishing.

Swan(Posted 2013) [#9]
I would love to pick this project up if you are no longer doing it. Or at least would enjoy looking at it.

JBR(Posted 2013) [#10]
Hi, here's the app/source/graphics.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/40407317/WATER.zip