Bloom - Free Open Source MPL Project

Community Forums/Showcase/Bloom - Free Open Source MPL Project

Armitage 1982(Posted 2007) [#1]
Hi,
My name is Michaël and I'm from Belgium.
Back in 2005, i was still at school at that time, I've develop a multimedia software called Bloom.
This software was my final Jury examination (which i successfully pass :).

Bloom is a multilingual software based on what i call "Modules".
It's an evolving multimedia program intended to create and manage communities with an OS interface.
With Bloom you can chat, share files, play, listen to music or watch movie from your disk or from the Internet.
You can even write your own auto-downloading modules with Blitz Virtual Machine script (BVM).

The trick is that you only need a web server with PHP/Mysql support to run your own communities !
No dedicated servers or IP sharing is needed.

The only missing feature (i think) is the auto-deploying community tool in the administration menu.
If you want to setup your own community you need to put every php files from the source in a root folder call "php" (don't forget to change the connect_db.php file) then add your server to the list (look at the config.ini too) like i did for arm42.free.fr

Maybe you will have to play a little and suffer from tiny bugs since i only develop Bloom for my school project.

This was my first programming attempt with Blitz3D so don't expect polished sources and brilliant technics :)
But i say to myself this could be an interesting software for any folk at blitz so here it is :

http://arm42.free.fr/

(click on "Bloom - The Open Source Multimedia Platform" button)

Random Screenshot :

Sorry, source are mainly in French and i don't have much time to translate them.
Also, streaming links and Microsoft Windows change a lot since 2005 so I've put random links in some modules like "Ushuaia nature" (this show disappear from the Internet... too bad) but i can't guarantee that everything will still work again.

Thanks to
- Mark Sibly for Blitz3D
- Russell L. Smith for ODE
- Noel R. Cower for Lotus R2
- Rob Hutchinson for BlitzSys
- Ian Luck and Arthur Aminov for BASS
- Harriman Software for BlitzMovie
- Stew Yapp for XLNT
- Régis Jean-Gilles for BVM !
- John Judnich for BlitzXML !
- Lab-au 2004 for webcambasic !
- FuguGuy Aka Timothée Grede. The greater beta tester of all times ;)
- MadeInJulo Aka Julien Eloi for is great 3D support and test. Thanks dude ;)
- Patrick hammer for is judicious advices. Thanks for your patience
- Centory Aka Julien (beta tester)
- Woox Aka Julien for labo test
- NedB Aka Dennis for labo test

And every others if i forgot someone (sorry).

Have fun it's free :D
(but don't expect too much support for this please :)

Xzider(Posted 2007) [#2]
So what exactly is it?

McSeb(Posted 2007) [#3]
@Xzider: I was wondering the same thing, and I speak French.

From what the site says it seems to be a tool you would install on your computer to view the equivalent of a forum on a website that has it installed. The users using the same site could then chat, ship files, stream videos, etc. I might be wrong but that's what I understood.