Spacer

Community Forums/Showcase/Spacer

JohnK(Posted 2007) [#1]
I present my First (and i think, not last =)) mini-mini-game "Spacer". It is mix of Asteroids and .... hmmmm...i dont know))) I did it with powerfull thing - BLITZMAX (Respect to Mark Sibly)
Game without sound and music, because exe wights too much.
PS AI made with SpriteBehaviours mod by Scott Shaver.
Control: Moving by arrows
Shot: Spacer or LeftMouse
Shield: Left Shift or RightMouse
Donwload from here: http://johnk.3dn.ru/Spacer.rar
I wait for responses)))

JohnK(Posted 2007) [#2]
UPD - In game graphics, was drawn by me))) Only Image of Earth i take from worldprints.

big10p(Posted 2007) [#3]
Screenie first, please! ;)

Amon(Posted 2007) [#4]
I keep dying within 10 seconds of starting, in loser mode. :/

There's too much going on on screen to be able to know whats happening.

:)

JohnK(Posted 2007) [#5]
Screen:
Amon, you use shield?

JohnK(Posted 2007) [#6]
Some more responses?
:)

Pragun(Posted 2007) [#7]
haha that's a crazy game you have there =)

Grisu(Posted 2007) [#8]
Nice gfx style!

JohnK(Posted 2007) [#9]
thanks =)

JohnK(Posted 2007) [#10]
So, Friends! I have decided to complete Spacer! Now it with a sound! Now it does not throw out in Win32. Sounds has picked up so that to you a bit was more cheerful:) Music hangs up much, therefore I have taken care of the people saving the traffic. For occurrence of music you should put any file with a name music and expansion .wav in a folder with game. The request to unpack archive, for the greatest productivity. To donwload: http://johnk.3dn.ru/Spacer.rar And here original music: http://johnk.3dn.ru/music.rar

GfK(Posted 2007) [#11]
I didn't try this. I'll tell you why.

There are two distinct styles of graphics in the one screenshot. The earth which looks OK, and the rest of the graphics, which I don't really care much for. The two styles don't gel together at all.

A screenshot should give an indication of what the game is like. I can't tell where the player is, which are enemies and which are bullets.

I also don't think the black outline evident around most of the graphics is doing it any favours, either.

JohnK(Posted 2007) [#12]
hmm...did you look only the graphic? U dotnt like gameplay in games?

GfK(Posted 2007) [#13]
I didn't download it. The screenshot didn't really encourage me to.

JohnK(Posted 2007) [#14]
Its your chise ;) I cant say something

Stevie G(Posted 2007) [#15]
JohnK,

Just gave this a go.

I THINK I completed the level on Looser mode - it just said 'new game' and I was still alive. There is waaay too much going on for you to stand much of a chance. The best strategy seemed to be putting your shield up until it runs out and then praying that you get lucky.

Anywho, not a bad effort.

Stevie

JohnK(Posted 2007) [#16]
Thanks Stevie!
It is my first mini game =)
May be, it is a reason of "illnes" this game.

slenkar(Posted 2007) [#17]
nice game,
it just needs balance, making it easier...

Rob Farley(Posted 2007) [#18]
OK... I've not downloaded this for pretty much the same reasons as GFK, can't see what's going on and the graphic style doesn't appeal.

The only reason I'm posting is to have a 'Loser' mode is just insulting to the player, yes have 'easy' or 'very easy' but 'loser' just doesn't seem repectful to the customer.

Maybe I'm being over sensitive?

Oh and before anyone starts with "They're not customers because they're not paying for it", you're wrong.

JohnK(Posted 2007) [#19]
Thanx a lot