Blender to B3D export

Community Forums/Showcase/Blender to B3D export

Brucey(Posted 2007) [#1]
With no prior Blender/Blitz3D experience, I present to you a work-in-progress Blender .b3d export script :

b3d_export.py

If your browser insists on opening the file in the browser, you can Right-click, save as

To install, drop it into your <Blender dir>/.blender/scripts folder.
If you are on Mac, you might need to do it via Terminal, given that Mac *really* hides hidden folders. On Linux, in Nautilus, you can unhide the .blender folder by choosing View->Show Hidden Files.

(Initial MiniB3D forum topic - Here or Here )

Seems to export UV-less meshes well.

Some issues with UVs.
* y-origin is inverted, so mapping is off somewhat - if someone can help with this, I'll be grateful of it.
* Blender uses Z-up, so I'm transforming to be Y-up - which might be throwing off the tex coords.
* Not currently handling multiple textures well yet, as I hard-coded brush 0 while trying to sort out the coords issue. (one thing at a time).

Anyways... if anyone has any ideas for the problems...

We can offer this up as a "community project" if you like, but they tend to die a death after a while, I've noticed. But I'm sure we must have one or two people who'd like to help? ;-)

It has a lot of potential... Bones support shouldn't be too hard to add either, looking at the Blender docs. Other stuff too.

Anybody interested?

Floyd(Posted 2007) [#2]
Is Blender using OpenGL?

I think GL images/textures are upside down compared to Direct3D.
You probably have to replace (u,v) with (u,1-v).

Shrap(Posted 2007) [#3]
im really glad u have been working on this Brucey, ive been looking for a way to get blender work to blitz3d for ever..

i read your previous posts as you were starting this, im gunna keep an eye on this one

Beaker(Posted 2007) [#4]
Didn't Shagwana do a blender to b3d exported once (no animation)? Found this thread.