Projet syntex v1.6

Community Forums/Showcase/Projet syntex v1.6

rickavzstx(Posted 2007) [#1]
hello,
i have created a little game , a shoot in up old school in BLITZ 3D. you can see and download at this link:

http://www.uclubu.com/index.php?Page=Uclubu_projects&Projects=Project_Syntex

thank you.

GfK(Posted 2007) [#2]
Any screenshots?

rickavzstx(Posted 2007) [#3]
my excuse

look the bottom from this site at the main page there are screenshot:

http://www.uclubu.com/index.php?Page=acc

GfK(Posted 2007) [#4]
I don't see any screenshots. Just lots of pictures of consoles and everything in French.

tonyg(Posted 2007) [#5]
Look under 9th Dec 2006.

rickavzstx(Posted 2007) [#6]
look a 9 décembre 2006 ....

the preview soon, my webmaster goes modified the site to add the preview later ....

GfK(Posted 2007) [#7]
Oh that.

I meant in-game screenshots, because that looks like a title screen or something.

Grey Alien(Posted 2007) [#8]
now that I've found the screenshots it looks cool, so I'm downloading.

smilertoo(Posted 2007) [#9]
30mb demo, hope this is worth the d/l.

hub(Posted 2007) [#10]
30mb demo, hope this is worth the d/l.

yes, awesome.

Doiron(Posted 2007) [#11]
I've tried the demo, and even though it looks very polished, it run way too fast on a 2700mhz (the timing options didn't help)... you should sync the timing to the internal clock.

rickavzstx(Posted 2007) [#12]
strange !!!
i have tested my games, on many computer :
1400 mhz, 2400, 3000 mhz atlhon and 3000 dual core , and it run correctly... at 50 frames per secondes , look the options VBL in the menu is perhaps the solution..
I dont tunderstand.

GfK(Posted 2007) [#13]
Doiron probably has vSync turned off in his display settings.

If you're using Flip False, change it to Flip True to wait for the next vertical blank before refreshing.

Gabriel(Posted 2007) [#14]
It would be nice to be able to turn off the horrible heavy metal soundtrack in the main menu.

I didn't play for very long because all my bullets kept passing right through everything I was shooting at without doing any damage, which kinda took the fun out of it.

It was nice of John Carpenter to allow you to use the theme from Escape From New York for your in-game theme.

Doiron(Posted 2007) [#15]
look the options VBL in the menu is perhaps the solution..

Modifying the delay did work, though that way it isn't possible to know at what speed you wanted the game to run.
I didn't understand what VBL stood for, so I didn't modify the parameter in the first place.

If you're using Flip False

That's right... I turned DirectX VSync on and it worked.

Doiron(Posted 2007) [#16]
It was nice of John Carpenter to allow you to use the theme from Escape From New York for your in-game theme.

Isn't it Precinct 13?

[edit] you're right, I confused the theme :)

Nathaniel(Posted 2007) [#17]
Download link isn't working for me... it leads to a blank screen.

rickavzstx(Posted 2007) [#18]
If the game if very speed and unplayable, make you sure you dont
have disabled VBL or make High Performance into the panel of
control on WINDOWS video ATI (catalyst) or NVIDIA. this fonction
disable all VBL in the DIRECT3D Games. By default is not disable. a have tested this ,it is.............

i like carpenter........it not Precinct 13, it ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK 1997. my favorite movie .

sorry for all another bugs. I work for the new version.

smilertoo(Posted 2007) [#19]
looks nice but the collision detection is terrible, it seems to be using bounding boxes 2x bigger than the sprites.

rickavzstx(Posted 2007) [#20]
to smilertoo

it right ...... I am Alone for programming and gfx ...... and ... I work for the best test. ..

big10p(Posted 2007) [#21]
Sorry, but I dont want to even try this if the collision detection is as bad as reported. Bad collision detection in any game is one of the worst (i.e. frustrating/annoying) game mechanic failures there is, IMO. No offense - just sayin'. ;)

Grey Alien(Posted 2007) [#22]
haven't got round to playing it yet, so I'll wait for the fixes.

rickavzstx(Posted 2007) [#23]
YES........... bad detection, most speed for the routines , is my fault..................... and sorry for my english, I am no good................. Im french (CountrY CORSICAN)....

for all gamer I have see differents bugs , sorry and its strange....... for speed I have done the solution.. I thing it all right................. for the collision zone , it real, the zone is limiting , the routine is bad. i work

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2007) [#24]
The bad:
The pull-up menus on the start screen. If I can see options on the main screen, I want to be able to click straight on them to change e.g: My player details.

Playability. Only had a quick go but you could put some more work in on the pace of the game and the playability.

The good:
Exceptionally well presented! Do we have the next 'Team17' on our hands.

Keep up the good work.

rickavzstx(Posted 2007) [#25]
to Nomen luni, thank you. i have like team 17 when am work en amiga team.

I have work this week on better collision routine. dans other visual monitor.

new version next week