Gravity Engine

Community Forums/Showcase/Gravity Engine

Andres(Posted 2007) [#1]
A little example of the engine i wrote.

DOWNLOAD

IPete2(Posted 2007) [#2]
Andres,

Wow that is beautiful dude - Great work!

IPete2.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2007) [#3]
Reduce the turning rate of the objects , it will allow for orbiting of the core, and will look much better having some balls orbit the blackhole.

Amon(Posted 2007) [#4]
I love this kind of stuff. :)

IKG(Posted 2007) [#5]
This is REALLY cool :)

Andres(Posted 2007) [#6]
Yavin, there is no "turning rate". It just pulls objects towards the gravitation center.

Zenith(Posted 2007) [#7]
Hey that's cool, you should also add object->object gravity. :D

Torrente(Posted 2007) [#8]
Woah, if I turn on Ball Gravity, it gets really crazy. Awesome program though :)

ICECAP(Posted 2007) [#9]
If you turn on ball gravity and invert the ball gravity type, it looks like balls floating in liquid. Thats really cool!

Andres(Posted 2009) [#10]
i've finished my military time service and i'm going to create a game out of this stuff.

plash(Posted 2009) [#11]
Welcome back and have fun :D

Zenith(Posted 2009) [#12]
Wow, that was two years ago when I said that? Time flies.

nawi(Posted 2009) [#13]
Congrats Andres, military service is damn too long time for most..

Andres(Posted 2010) [#14]
sad i didn't do anything with this engine.

here's what would have happened :P http://www.dedicationgames.com/

*(Posted 2010) [#15]
Man resurrecting a year old thread :s

_Skully(Posted 2010) [#16]
that looks really interesting for sure.

Andres(Posted 2010) [#17]
@EdzUp[GD]:
why can't i resurrect something old if i have something new to say about it? Should i create a new thread - no. Then you would say "there is already a thread for it". So noone can't say anything about something they have already spoken of?

GIB3D(Posted 2010) [#18]
I don't think I've ever seen the creator of a thread revive his own thread. If it's your thread, that seems fine.

Andres(Posted 2010) [#19]
it's getting a bit off topic, but:
Is it me or my english, but i just didn't understand the meaning/point of your sentence GIB3D.

FBEpyon(Posted 2010) [#20]
I say do something with it, but add a bit more to it..

I would make some kind of planet simulator or something, and then add some amazing graphics or go 3d with it, you could have a golden treasure for sure still..

I have always wanted to do a 3d planet simulator and have it so you can manage the systems distance from the sun and then make it change to adjust the sweet spots for it, so the planet dies or stays alive, or you could use it as a back end for a even larger planet trading game and make it so planets lose there orbit and you have to find some other means of trade, I mean even though others have done something amazing doesn't mean you still can't...

I see a lot of potential with something like this still.