IDEal - new release - 0.8.87

Community Forums/Showcase/IDEal - new release - 0.8.87

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#1]
If you are new to IDEal, it's an advanced new IDE for B3D/B+ and I strongly recommend you to visit the previous threads and read more about it:
www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=66160
www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=66528
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=67445

New version ( 0.8.87 ) is up...

Download it here: www.fungamesfactory.com/downloads.html

Changes in 0.8.87:

[Added] Automatic backup - two types - with time stamp or with .bak increment .
[Added] Export to HTML.
[Added] Toggle command button for Strict mode On/Off.
[Added] Userlibs editor - lets you easily enable / disable certain userlibs.
[Added] Automatic re-highlighting of files after refreshing definitions for your compiler.
[Added] Insert Filepath - Inserts a filename with relative path at the current position. Path is relative to the location of the project file.
[Added] Var++ conversion now accepts arrays with many parameters. Also added more validation checks against the candidate for conversion.
[Added] Command Line switch /L:%line% - jump to a line after opening a file.
[Added] Strict mode now accepts both Float and Float# as valid commands.
[Added] Option to save all open files on compile ( default is to save all files from the active project ).
[Changed] 'Save all files' command no longer asks to save newly created files .
[Changed] Arrays that are "redimmed" now are shown only once in the autocomplete list.
[Changed] Maximum number of opened files that are listed under windows menu is now unlimited.
[Fixed] Removing all files from a project would throw an exception.
[Fixed] Advanced autoindent incorrectly indents line where 'IF' and 'Else IF' statements are used in the same line .
[Fixed] Refresh definitions would fail if you have an unicode characters in the blitz path.
[Fixed] Workspace cannot be loaded if the workspace contain more than 40 files.
[Fixed] IDEal can be "blocked" after reinstalling of a same version.
[Fixed] Adding file to a project that is already opened as a single file would throw an exception.
[Fixed] Adding file to a project by drag-dropping from the windows explorer would not open that file.
[Fixed] Deleting a line 3 lines below folded function / block would unfold that function / block.
[Fixed] Percent sing in front of binary numbers was colored red in strict mode.

Screenshot... Edit user libraries and Strict mode toggle button on the toolbar:

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2007) [#2]

[Added] Automatic backup - two types - with time stamp or with .bak increment .

AWESOME WORK!!!!!!!!!!

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#3]
Notes on this release:

There is a new separate Unicode UTF-8 version. My intention was to integrate unicode in this release, but there are still some issues that need to be solved.
So, here is a new unicode test build based on 0.8.87: http://www.fungamesfactory.com/download.php?get=IDEal_Unicode_0.8.87.exe
Please state that you are using the unicode build if you are going to report any bugs with it, or better report them in this thread: http://fungamesfactory.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=1828f6746c80e9196b376e7a726057e9&topic=24.0

Note: Blitz3D can't display unicode UTF-8 strings with the built-in text command, but you can use it with external programs or libraries, like the MixailV's excellent FastText library:
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=68216

2. Userlibs editor - currently you can only enable / disable userlibs... in the next release you will be able to actually edit the user libraries and to create one from your files.
'Edit Userlibs' command is by default located in the compile menu

3. Projects system is still the same. Only bug fixes in this release. I must rewrite a lot of code to implement new features and to remove certain limitations in the projects system, and that may cause new bugs. So, I decided to release this version as a stable release before any major changes to the code. In the next major release you will be able to close / hide individual project files, to use absolute paths ( to remove the need to copy files to the project's (sub)folder ), to use same file in more than one open project etc...

6. Strict on/off toggle button... you can find it also in the compile menu as a checkbox. If you switch to a layout saved in a previous version, toggle button will disappear from the toolbar. In that case, you can add it to the toolbar again manually ( in the customize mode ).

4. One example of using /L: command line switch: IDEal.exe /L:100 MyFile.bb /L:200 MyFile2.bb will open MyFile1 with focus on line 100 and MyFile2 with cursor on line 200.

5. Insert FilePath - will insert file with relative path... if you want to insert only filenames, you can do that by drag-dropping files from the File Explorer to the editor.

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2007) [#4]
Download it link says...

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /downloads/ on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#5]
Edited, now it's ok, sorry...

Bankie(Posted 2007) [#6]
I know gushes of praise can be quite annoying sometimes, but thanks again - don't think I could ever go back to the standard IDE. IDEal saves me tons of time navigating through code, not to mention the autocomplete and indenting. Oh yeah, and being able to avoid typos is great too.

Now, allow me to be the first to make a new suggestion. The find facility is fine, but it would be great to have an optional simple find that works like the find in Firefox. i.e. a small toolbar which jumps to the line of code as you type the word(s) to search for.

LineOf7s(Posted 2007) [#7]

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#8]
@LineOf7s: LOL, it seems that you like the userlibs editor :))

@Bankie: More nice features that will save you even more time, are on my to-do list :)

The find facility is fine, but it would be great to have an optional simple find that works like the find in Firefox. i.e. a small toolbar which jumps to the line of code as you type the word(s) to search for
I'm not familiar with this type of Find box, but I'll look into Firefox to see what it's like.

QuickSilva(Posted 2007) [#9]
This is excellent. The IDE gets better with each release. Well done mate! Keep up the great work.

Jason.

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2007) [#10]
Backups just don't work for me at all !

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#11]
@Boiled Sweets: Can you tell me your backup settings ?

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2007) [#12]
Just using the Add incremental, 9 files and same dir.

Synchronist(Posted 2007) [#13]
This is undoubtably one of the best IDEs I've seen/used... blitz or otherwise... bar none! Thx for all your hard work and dedication!

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#14]
@Synchronist: Thanks...

@Boiled Sweets: I just tried it here and everything is working ok. Can you check this again with some other file / directory. Backup copy is created every time you save / compile the file.
Does anyone else have problems with the automatic backup ?

QuickSilva(Posted 2007) [#15]
Backups work fine here.

Jason.

FiNegirO(Posted 2007) [#16]
Great work! Thanks Trixx, you'll save us a lot of time.
fiNegiro

btw: automatic backup works here

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#17]
Thanks Jason, FiNegirO... it seems that it's something specific to Boiled Sweets...

Barliesque(Posted 2007) [#18]
There's a little problem with auto-indenting IF statements, since THEN is optional...

Function MouseLook(cam)
	Local dx#=(GraphicsWidth()/2-MouseX())*0.01
	Local dy#=(GraphicsHeight()/2-MouseY())*0.01
	TurnEntity cam,-dy,dx,0
	If KeyDown(17) MoveEntity cam,0,0,.1 
		If KeyDown(31) MoveEntity cam,0,0,-.1
			If KeyDown(32) MoveEntity cam,0.1,0,0 
				If KeyDown(30) MoveEntity cam,-0.1,0,0 
End Function

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#19]
Barliesque, if you are using that style ( single line IF's, without ' Then' ) , then you should switch to simple autoindenting ( see editor settings->coding help->autoindent mode ) .

You can read more about 'advanced autoindent mode' behaviour here:
http://www.fungamesfactory.com/tips.html

Barliesque(Posted 2007) [#20]
Actually, that's somebody else's code. I always use THEN for one-line if...then statements, and drop it for multi-line statements. So for my own coding I'll use advanced autoindent. I'm new to IDEal and thought I should mention it, but pleased to see you've already been there.

Truly excellent IDE you've created here. Well done! And thank you. :D

QuickSilva(Posted 2007) [#21]
Just a quick couple of suggestions,

When I define a type and then create an instance of it for example, I have a .Players type and then I do something like Player1.Players=new PLAYERS (uppercase indicates different colour in IDEal) Shouldn`t all .Players get highlighted in the same colour like Player1.PLAYERS=new PLAYERS?

Also is there a way to toggle the Set Main File option in the projects window? What if I am running a project with multiple tabs and I need to only run the tab I am on and not the whole project? i.e. the main file I have set. Is there no way to disable it?

Finally, when removing a file from my project but leaving it included in my main file (the one set with Set Main File) the editor crashed. Maybe you could see if it does the same at your end?

Cheers,
Jason.

Bankie(Posted 2007) [#22]
Possibly a bug: on the find dialog box, "Find & Mark All" doesn't work for me anymore. It does return the right number of items found, but doesn't place marks at the relevent points.

EDIT: I'm finding it a pain being without this feature now ... funny how quickly you get used to the time-savers.

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#23]
@QuickSilva:
When I define a type and then create an instance of it for example, I have a .Players type and then I do something like Player1.Players=new PLAYERS (uppercase indicates different colour in IDEal) Shouldn`t all .Players get highlighted in the same colour like Player1.PLAYERS=new PLAYERS

In some earlier version of IDEal types in variable names were colored as types, but decided to color them as the variable itself, because they are actually part of the variable name. It seemed to be better to the eyes also:)
It was hard to decide which one is better :) I'll see if I can make this optional... Is this important for you ?

Also is there a way to toggle the Set Main File option in the projects window? What if I am running a project with multiple tabs and I need to only run the tab I am on and not the whole project? i.e. the main file I have set. Is there no way to disable it?

No, toggle won't help in this case because IDEal will complain that you don't have a main file set.
If you are looking for a way to compile/run only that file, then you just set that file as the main file, IDEal will compile only that file ( if you don't have includes in that file ).
If you are doing this often and you are looking for a way to do this quickly, then we need a command for "compile active project from the current file ".
So, which one is it :) ?

Finally, when removing a file from my project but leaving it included in my main file (the one set with Set Main File) the editor crashed. Maybe you could see if it does the same at your end?

Files in the project and includes are not related in any way ( you may have many includes but only the main file in the project ), so it must be something else that caused that crash. If it was an exception ( i.e. not a crash to desktop ), can you please send me or post the last record in the error.log file ? I tried to reproduce it here but without success.

@Bankie:
It was never fully implemented ( only counts the occurrences ), so it's more like a "forgotten feature" :) It is on my to-do list and I will raise it's priority now, so expect this fully working in the next release.

Bankie(Posted 2007) [#24]
Jeez, I could have sworn I used that feature before. Last night, I was trying to get to the root of a bug in someone else's network library and wanted to mark all the uses of a particular variable so that I could quickly jump around the code and see where it gets modified. Find & Mark All would have eased things, but even better would be my previous suggestion of adding a FIND toolbar like Firefox. With a feature like that I could have typed the variable name in the find toolbar, then just clicked a "Find next" button to jump to the next instance without ever leaving my code.

QuickSilva(Posted 2007) [#25]
Trixx, thanks for answering my questions. I can see your logic with the types thing, it makes good sense as it is part of the variable name I agree so that can be left as is.

I would like to see a "compile active project from the current file " option added as it is something that I use rather a lot but only if you have the time, I can use a workaround at the moment.

Lastly the error did not cause IDEal to shut down so I have emailed you the error log. Hope it helps.

Jason.

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#26]
@Bankie:
With a feature like that I could have typed the variable name in the find toolbar, then just clicked a "Find next" button to jump to the next instance without ever leaving my code.

Maybe I'm missing something but you can press F3 ( default shortcut for 'Find next' ) anytime in IDEal also.
And what if I make the Find dialog to be dockable ? Will that help ?
Anyway, next version is planned to have a command to list all references to a variable/function :)

@QuickSilva:
I would like to see a "compile active project from the current file " option added as it is something that I use rather a lot but only if you have the time, I can use a workaround at the moment.
Ok, I'll implement that command... And thanks for the error log !

QuickSilva(Posted 2007) [#27]
That`s OK. Thanks for your time :)

Jason.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2007) [#28]
.. Ignore that if you saw I posted to the wrong thread.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2007) [#29]
Probably been said before.. but Bmax support ?

LineOf7s(Posted 2007) [#30]
Yavin asks...
Probably been said before.. but Bmax support ?

Trixx replies...
Hmm, first of all, I don't own BMax and I'm not familiar with the language, which means it'll take at least 2 months to add BMax support. There are also several IDEs for BMax available or in development, so I don't know if BMax users want another one. Even if IDEal can offer something that others can't / won't offer, I see many users are satisfied with the default IDE ( even with B3D's one ) i.e. people that somehow don't need/use advanced features , so I don't want to make a BMax version just for ten or twenty people.
Anyway, if people like this IDE, I can reconsider adding BMax support. And I'll certainly add support for BMax when I myself switch from B3D to BMax :)

PS: I'm beginning to get an idea what your #1 FAQ might be... :o)

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2007) [#31]
Thanks for the update!

DareDevil(Posted 2007) [#32]
the your editor is very good ;)

I have a question for you:

is possible linker in the your editor the function include in the other file "bb"

excuse for the my english :(

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#33]
@DareDevil: Thanks,
is possible linker in the your editor the function include in the other file "bb"

I'm not sure that I understand the question, but if you mean to recognize functions from other file, then you need to create a project and include that file in the project.
If it's not what you're asking, can you give me an example ?

Yo! Wazzup?(Posted 2007) [#34]
Thanks, now I don't need to learn to indent and people won't get mad at me for not indenting!!!

DareDevil(Posted 2007) [#35]
ok thanks!!

Hujiklo(Posted 2007) [#36]
This is the best Blitz IDE ever - you're a hero!

IPete2(Posted 2007) [#37]
I have to agree, I love it so far!

IPete2.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2007) [#38]
Question... when debug is on, how do you step through your code once its stopped.

Probably a silly question I know but im here, it just happend so im asking .

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#39]
@All: Thanks...

@Yavin: When your program has stopped in debug mode, you're using the original Blitz debugger, so everything should be the same as in the original IDE.

nrasool(Posted 2007) [#40]
Hi Trixx,

Just want to add in my appreciation for this excellent IDE. I used to use Virtual Blitz, but now using this alot more. It is a great IDE, so well done on the hard work.

The only wishlist I would have, is to implement the following:

1. Change default icon (I think I read this is being looked in)
2. Have an "Update" function, eg in "Help" menu, have an update which will update your IDE to the latest version :)

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#41]
Thanks nrasool,

Change default icon (I think I read this is being looked in)

Yep, this will come with some of the next releases.
Have an "Update" function, eg in "Help" menu, have an update which will update your IDE to the latest version :)
Maybe not full automatic update, but I'll probably add an option to check for a new version.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2007) [#42]
@Trix, ah.. I wasnt getting the debugger up so assumed that the new IDE handled it.. I will need to have another look at it..

PS.. you can use the demo version of max to add blitz max support ??

Rob Farley(Posted 2007) [#43]
A new IDE to try! Seeing as everyone else seems to be keen it would be foolish not to try it.

I'll let you know how I get on!

[edit]
OK, very nice, got it set up in 2 seconds and looking good so far! Definately seems very feature complete.

Oh... One feature request already... Can we have a middle click to close the tab like visual studio does?!

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#44]
@Yavin: When I finish this ( B3D/B+ ) version, I'll think about making a BMax version.. but don't expect that to happen soon :(

@Rob Farley: Thanks
Can we have a middle click to close the tab like visual studio does

You can use double-click to close tabs. I know that some tabbed-MDI applications use middle click, some double click and it was hard to decide which one to use, but ended with double click. It's too late to change it now, sorry.

Rob Farley(Posted 2007) [#45]
I gotta say, I'm so pleased I've got a wide moniter now.

Makes this kind of IDE much easier to use! Much more space! (reduced the pic to 50%)

Loving this IDE, just working out how to make use of the strict functionality.

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#46]
Loving this IDE, just working out how to make use of the strict functionality

Judging from the screenshot, you'll need a lot of work to declare all those variables :) Maybe better turn off the strict mode for now :)

Little tip: Make a hotcode 'L' for 'Local ' ... that may save you some time if you decide to declare your variables now.

IPete2(Posted 2007) [#47]
Hey there Trixx,

I love your IDEal - however I keep getting "unable to create 3d scene" when hitting compile. This is a very odd error and the IDE only complains sometimes, not always. This am I have gone back to the old B3d IDE. :( (horrid)

Any thoughts?

[edit] just noticed you are up a version jhooray I shall try this one 8.87 (Im on 8.77 and report back)

[edit 2] Nope still does not compile the source code. sigh...

The strangest thing is check for errors reveals nothing, and debug compile works! :(

IPete2.

Rob Farley(Posted 2007) [#48]
OK Feature Request...

When you type
"Then" and hit return it automatically puts in "End If"

Likewise with when you hit return after Function blah(x,y)[return] you get End Function

Likewise with Type you get End Type

Etc!

OK I know this might be a bit complex as it would need to check if a corrosponding End If already exists, but I love this about Vis Studio.

LineOf7s(Posted 2007) [#49]
Rob:

That's already in there. I'm not on my Windows box at the moment to check, but it's something in the preferences about 'scope' or 'auto-scope' or 'auto-format' or something. Does exactly as you describe for the If..Endif and Function..End Function at least (personally tested).

And it's pretty sexy the first time it happens too.

Rob Farley(Posted 2007) [#50]
OK, I've found the scope thing if I hit ctrl-return at the end of a line... but no auto scope thing...

Ah well... I just want the moon on a stick really don't I!

It's still bloody excellent!

LineOf7s(Posted 2007) [#51]
Aah yes, I forgot about the CTRL-Enter thing - that's what I was talking about.

Apologies... but it's still there. :o)

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#52]
@IPete2
I love your IDEal - however I keep getting "unable to create 3d scene" when hitting compile

Hmm, in the first beta release, there was a bug just like you described that was happening on some machines with fast CPUs, and it was fixed. But it may be the same "bug" if your machine has very fast CPU . Can you post your PC specifications ? I'll look into this a.s.a.p.

And it's pretty sexy the first time it happens too

LOL, I'll insert this as a quote in the Scope Completion command help page... when it's done :)

@Rob: It's not fully automatic because sometimes you don't want the scope to be completed, like when you want to put an IF/END IF around some present code,in some situations dealing with nested loops etc.
I can make it automatic, but I think it's better this way because you have control when to apply it.
Also, you may want to visit http://www.fungamesfactory.com/tips.html , there are some other tips you may find useful...

slenkar(Posted 2007) [#53]
it crashed when I pressed the close button when I had a file open

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#54]
@Chunkations: Any more info ? Can you post ( or send me ) the last record in the error.log file ?

IPete2(Posted 2007) [#55]
Trixx,

My specs are

3.20 Ghz CPU ( and a second one at 2.0 Ghz)
2048 MB RAM
ATI 9800 (256MB)

IPete2.

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#56]
@IPete2: I tried to reproduce the problem on several machines here but without success.

Are you experiencing this error on your second machine too ( the one with 2GHz CPU ) ?
Do you have some specific process / program that is running in the background on both machines ?

I'll try more to reproduce the problem here, but if you know something else that can help, please tell me.

IPete2(Posted 2007) [#57]
Aha Trixx, you guessed it -

This week I have been aware of the problem but only after I run 3DS Max.

Do you think this could be a resources issue? It is strange on this PC I have 2 GB of RAM and an ATI 9800 (256MB DDR) gfx card. So the system should be able to cope.

Yesterday I rebooted and the problem went away, as long as I didn't use 3DS Max. Later last night, I opened Max up and the problem occurred again, although if I run in Debug mode, last night that worked.

I will test further on the second PC later this week, but I don't have Max on that PC - hmm maybe its just this PC at home then? I will report later this week.

Does this help any?

IPete2.

PS I still come back to IDEal btw - your product has so many strengths - I love it - its worth struggling with it while this issue is resolved (if it is an issue).

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#58]
Thanks IPete2, this helped a lot.
No, I don't think it's a resource issue... The problem is that blitz window can't receive focus on time. IDEal gives the focus to the blitz runtime window when compiling, but 3DS Max somehow prevents this.
Anyway, I made a few changes... Can you please test this version and tell me if it works:
http://www.fungamesfactory.com/download.php?get=IDEalTestIPete.exe
It's just the exe - put it into the main IDEal directory.

mindstorms(Posted 2007) [#59]
I'm now getting this error on startup, even through multiple reinstalls, uninstalls, and previous version installs. Ideal does not start, but an installer comes on, asking for the windows xp disk...

**********>> Created: 4/22/2007, 5:37:56 PM<<***********
IDEal version :0.8.87
App. Path :C:\Program Files\IDEal
File Name :frmMain
Method Name :Form_QueryUnload
Error Description :Unable to unload within this context
Error Number :365
Error Line :0
Error Source :IDEal
OS Info :Windows XP Version:5.1 Build:2600
Files opened :0

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#60]
@mindstorms: Did you try restarting your PC ?
If the WinXP installer popups, you are probably missing some library... Did you recently installed / uninstalled some other programs ?
[edit] One more thing - try installing IDEal in different directory ? [/edit]

IPete2(Posted 2007) [#61]
Thanks Trixx,

well I downloaded and Success!

This special version has only failed 2 times in the last hour. I can have 3DS Max open all the time now which is much better thank you.

As I say it has only failed to create a 3d scene 2 times in an hour or so, but I will keep you informed.

[edit]
Ok after a full day it was fine until about an hour ago, and then mysteriously it began being awkward again.
[/edit]

IPete2.

mindstorms(Posted 2007) [#62]
Trixx: restarting does not work, but yes, I have been uninstalling some games recently that no longer run on my computer (old 95 games)...

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#63]
@IPete2: I'll look more into this tomorrow... to see if I can find some other solution. Is it ok if I mail you some new test version instead of uploading it to the server ?

@mindstoms: Probably some game uninstalled some library that by default comes with XP.. that's probably why the XP installer popups.
Do you have these two files in your Windows\system32 directory:
scrrun.dll
stdole2.tlb
?
What happens if you let the XP installer to install the file that's missing ?

IPete2(Posted 2007) [#64]
Trixx,

Yes thats fine - peter@... will find me.

Thanks,

IPete2

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2007) [#65]
Hi,

what components are you using for this? What I mean is what library are you using for the toolbars, menus etc? Is it Component Ones?

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#66]
@Boiled: AFAIK Component One products are Net based.. IDEal uses Innovasys

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2007) [#67]
Ah so! So it's not .NET but C++?

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#68]
I decided to avoid .Net at all cost because of the speed/bloat issues, so IDEal isn't Net based and that control is most probably C++

Rob Farley(Posted 2007) [#69]
To be honest Trixx I've never experienced a speed issue with .net. Agreed it's not as fast as C++ but the actual framework runs pretty well in my experience.

Regarding bloat, anyone who's not got .net installed on the principle of bloat shouldn't have XP or Vista installed. It's not like disk space costs much money.

Either way though... IDEal is a damn good editor!

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2007) [#70]
@Trixx,

so what development environment did YOU use? Visual C++?

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#71]
@Rob: By bloated I mean in terms of memory usage. Disk space is not important, although it takes time to load 30-40MB from disk :)
I don't have much against .Net , but if the same can be accomplished without it, then why using it at all ?

@Boiled: Mixed: mostly VB6, some C++ and several lines of ASM ( for two simple functions ).

hockings(Posted 2007) [#72]
Trixx,
Couple of things.

I had some text selected
(about 15 lines of
data 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0 )
and wanted to do a replace of "0" with "00"

The first time I did it, it replaced about 10 lines worth. I then tried selecting the remaining few and doing the same search/replace, and each time it told me that it didn't find any occurances. I haven't tried to replicate since, but thought I'd pass it on.

Also, where do I find out what shortcut keys there are (eg. for accepting when I've typed func and it suggests "function" I've figured out I can hit tab to use the suggestion,) where can I find out that, and the alt-space type keyboard shortcuts?

_33(Posted 2007) [#73]
I've 1 first annoyance bug to report for IDEal. In my code, I like to use spaces instead of tabs. IDEal didn't have any management for using spaces instead of tabs and it vandalized my code with tabs. So, when IDEal will not force me to use tabs, I will then TRY it again.

hockings(Posted 2007) [#74]
@ _33

What do you mean it forces you to use tabs?

Under Settings->Editor Settings->Coding Help
"Autoindent code on file loading"
Also "Autoindent off" in the same place

Settings->Editor Settings->General
"Insert Spaces for Tabs"

Is that was you're after?

How about asking Trixx if it can do something before getting upset that it didn't work exactly how you wanted it to out of the box?

hockings(Posted 2007) [#75]
Trixx,
General search also seems to be having some issues.
I have a LoadLevel() function in my code. Doing a search for "loadl" in my document didn't find anything...

Also, when the compiler finds a problem at compile time, and the line in question is in a folded function, is it possible to automatically unfold the function to put the cursor on the line with the error?

Thanks!
Shane

Bankie(Posted 2007) [#76]
The main file of my current project is now running at over 3300 lines and I've noticed that when compile time errors are reported, it takes me to up to 3 lines above the line with the error. The nearer the error is to the top of the file, the more accurate the line reported is. I tried putting in errors at various places until I worked out exactly where the line reported started to go wrong, but there was nothing peculiar about the line - it was among my global declarations (around line 220). Anyone else getting this problem?

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#77]
@Hockings:
The first time I did it, it replaced about 10 lines worth. I then tried selecting the remaining few and doing the same search/replace, and each time it told me that it didn't find any occurances. I haven't tried to replicate since, but thought I'd pass it on.

I can't reproduce it here, but I found one bug ( not critical though ) in the 'replace in selection' function, so probably that is the bug that affected you. Thanks for pointing this out. But also check the options in the find /replace dialog ( see the question below ) .

I have a LoadLevel() function in my code. Doing a search for "loadl" in my document didn't find anything...

Can you check your settings in the find /replace dialog... I think you have "Whole word only" or some other option selected that is limiting the searching scope ?

Also, when the compiler finds a problem at compile time, and the line in question is in a folded function, is it possible to automatically unfold the function to put the cursor on the line with the error?

Yes, of course, it should unfold, but obviously I forgot to implement this. Will be in the next release. Thanks.

The "Complete suggestion" shortcut ( TAB ) is one of the few shortcuts that cannot be modified :) But you can use any fill-up character to complete the suggestion ( like Space, left braces and others that you can specify ). You can read more on this subject here: http://fungamesfactory.com/forum/index.php?topic=28.0
To customize all other shortcuts/ menus, just go to customize mode, i.e. right click on any tooolbar and choose "customize". In the Customize dialog, click on "Keyboard..." to customize shortcuts. More tips here : http://www.fungamesfactory.com/tips.html

@_33 :
IDEal didn't have any management for using spaces instead of tabs
See Hockings's reply.

@Bankie:
I've noticed that when compile time errors are reported, it takes me to up to 3 lines above the line with the error

IDEal just points to the line reported by the compiler, and Blitz sometimes can report the wrong line. Can you check the line in the output window and see if it's the same
line that IDEal points to ? Also, even better, can you try your code in the original or any other IDE and see if it's the same ( wrong ) error line reported ?

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#78]
@All: I took a little break from the development, so a new release with the new project management system and some other feature requests is still 2-3 weeks away :(

In the meantime, some bugs popped in the current release...

List of known bugs in this release ( 0.8.87 ) :

- IDEal will throw an exception when adding existing files to a project if the active editor tab window is not a part of that project. To avoid this bug., make sure to select any file-tab from that project before adding new files. Also, if this bug appears, it's better to restart the editor after adding files to your project.
- When compiling a project, a compile error in a file that is not included in the project will throw an exception
- "Replace All in the selection" in some situations won't replace all occurencies in the selected text
- 2 other small visual/ highlighting bugs, a bug with typing multi-byte ( Chinese for example ) characters in the editor ( Use the Unicode release if you are using a language with multi byte characters ) and IPete's problem with 3DS MAX ( Still struggling on this one, so if anyone else have this kind of problem, please let me know )

These bugs aren't critical, but just to let you know that they will be fixed for the next release.

hockings(Posted 2007) [#79]
Trixx,
Yes, I checked the settings to make sure I had the right search/replace options set. If I hit the problem again and can reproduce it, I'll send you the source file and the options selected.

Cheers!
Shane

QuickSilva(Posted 2007) [#80]
After running a program with F5 or F9 sometimes, if I try to run it again straight after the program closes I have to press the key (F5 or F9) again twice.

Does anyone else get this? Nothing major. Just thought I`d point it out.

Jason.

hockings(Posted 2007) [#81]
Trixx,
Another thing I've noticed : Running my program in debug, when Ideal spawns the Blitz debugger and I try to step through my code, the cursor is on a totally different line to where it should be.

eg. My code (as seen by the blitz debugger when spawned from Ideal (I've put a breakpoint on the Initialise line obviously))
;[Block] MAIN
;###########################################################################################################
;# Main #
;########
Stop :InitialiseProgram
Menu

When I run in debug mode, the debugger highlights the comment line ";#######" in its entirity as the first line of code when it should highlight the "stop". When I step through the next line it's higlighted the "###" above "Ini".

When I keep stepping through the code, it's highlighting a line above where it should. It doesn't highlight the last line of loops, or of functions.

If you need it, I'll send you my code and you can try it yourself.

Blitzblaster(Posted 2007) [#82]
Hi Trixx!

I work since 3 weeks with your tool and my code has a better look. Great work. Thanks!

Best regards
Blitzblaster

Bankie(Posted 2007) [#83]
Hi Trixx,
I tried the Blitz3D IDE (yuck ;) ) and yes, the line reported by the compiler is wrong, though it's 2 lines out rather than 3 (as in IDEal) for the test I done. Looks like there's not much you can do about it, so that's fair enough.

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#84]
@QuickSilva:
After running a program with F5 or F9 sometimes, if I try to run it again straight after the program closes I have to press the key (F5 or F9) again twice

Hmm, Does IDEal receive the focus before pressing F5/F9 ? I mean, IDEal must become the active window to be able to receive the command.

@hockings:
Another thing I've noticed : Running my program in debug, when Ideal spawns the Blitz debugger and I try to step through my code, the cursor is on a totally different line to where it should be.

If I understand correctly, at that moment you're actually working in the original debugger... IDEal can't influence it's behavior or do anything about it. Can you please check your code in the original IDE to see if it behaves same there ?

@Blitzblaster: Thanks, nice to hear that :)

@Bankie: Just FYI, the compiler sometimes can report a line that is far from the line that is actually causing the error.. even 20, maybe more lines away. But this is very very rare :)

QuickSilva(Posted 2007) [#85]
Yes, IDEal does have focus when the problem occurs. I forgot to mention that it happens very rarely but is just something that I have noticed on occasion.

Jason.

QuickSilva(Posted 2007) [#86]
I`m having trouble compiling the following,

If A=0
Text 10,10,"Player X: "+Ship\XPosition
Text 10,20,"Player Y: "+Ship\YPosition
Text 10,40,"Bullet Count : "+CountBullets()
EndIf

I keep getting an error saying EndIf without If, the code works fine in the default Blitz editor though, any ideas?
I have tried with both EndIf and End If with no success.

Jason.

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#87]
Hi Jason,

Just tried your code here and everything is fine. Please check this again in the original IDE, it must be some difference in the file ( or included files ) you were using in the original IDE.

Trader3564(Posted 2007) [#88]
hmmz, its that it's free.. otherwise i wouldn't have doubted the working of it. But this seems very promising.

[edit]
i tested a few times, but it won't run on my PC. it crashes over and over again.

QuickSilva(Posted 2007) [#89]
Trixx, the code seems to work after putting a empty line between the if and the first text line, for instance:

If A=0

Text 10,10,"Player X: "+Ship\XPosition
Text 10,20,"Player Y: "+Ship\YPosition
Text 10,40,"Bullet Count : "+CountBullets()
EndIf

Otherwise it fails with the Endif without If error.

I can send the code if you cannot reproduce the problem.

Jason.

Trader3564(Posted 2007) [#90]
K, im just posting it here, i will remove it later when Trix has read it:

**********>> Created: 26-5-2007, 1:24:52<<***********
IDEal version             :0.8.87
App. Path                 :C:\Program Files\IDEal
File Name                 :Mod_Main
Method Name               :LoadCompilers
Error Description         :ActiveX component can't create object
Error Number              :429
Error Line                :0
Error Source              :IDEal
OS Info                   :Windows XP   Version:5.1 Build:2600
**********>> Created: 26-5-2007, 13:54:09<<***********
Files opened              :0
**********>> Created: 26-5-2007, 13:57:00<<***********
File Name                 :Mod_Funkcii
Method Name               :LoadExternalTools
**********>> Created: 26-5-2007, 13:57:08<<***********
File Name                 :Mod_File
Method Name               :SaveWorkSpace
**********>> Created: 26-5-2007, 13:57:17<<***********
**********>> Created: 26-5-2007, 13:57:43<<***********
File Name                 :Mod_Funkcii
Method Name               :LoadExternalTools

After clicking over 10-15 errors and beeps, i see the editor, but it has no code editor in it. I guess you should check the Scil... lib.

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#91]
@QuickSilva:
Yes, please send me some piece of code so I can reproduce it here. Thanks in advance.

@LeeMing:
Your Win XP is definately damaged ... Some of the Windows libraries are either damaged, missing or not registered...
Please check if you have scrrun.dll and stdole2.tlb in your system32 directory and that the scrrun.dll is registered... Most probably, your scrrun.dll file is not registered at all. By default, this library must be registered in WinXP.
Please try to (re)register this dll ... Start->Run-> regsvr32 scrrun.dll
And please tell me the result...

QuickSilva(Posted 2007) [#92]
Trixx, I was just about to send you the code and now the problem has completely gone. Not sure what was causing it to be honest but I didn`t change anything. I will let you know if it happens again.

I also had a Const variable defined that when removed from IDEal crashed the program, again I cannot reproduce the error but I will keep trying.

Jason.

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#93]
Jason, about the second issue , i.e. removing the Variable caused an exception, I know what caused it. It's a problem connected with one of the bugs I listed and it's already fixed for the next release. In the meantime, if it happens again, just reopen IDEal and the last workspace.

Trader3564(Posted 2007) [#94]
regsvr32 scrrun.dll that fixed the issue!

[edit]
ok, i now tested it. but its all a bit overautomatic but on the otherhand not automatic at all. I need to use my mouse A LOT. Windows popup and pop away, i cant follow what is going on. It is nice to have an autocomplete list, but it own shows up after i type about the whole function, and it actualy doesnt autofill. It just shows a list. I need to click the list, to make it auto fill. Also there is no force-autolist.

I suggest you strongly consider to make it work as in Visual Basic 6+. I can imagine M$ did a lot of research on user interface.

It all looks nice, graphical wise.. but its totaly not as functional as i hoped. That autofill list is VERY powerfull, so make good use of it. I lack skills to make such an edtior, but i have played arround with this component you are using, and you can make it autofill just as i descriped.

QuickSilva(Posted 2007) [#95]
Thanks for letting me know Trixx :) Looking forward as usual to the next release. Keep up the good work.

Jason.

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#96]
@LeeMing:
regsvr32 scrrun.dll that fixed the issue!
Nice to hear that was the problem :)

ok, i now tested it. but its all a bit overautomatic but on the otherhand not automatic at all. I need to use my mouse A LOT. Windows popup and pop away, i cant follow what is going on. It is nice to have an autocomplete list, but it own shows up after i type about the whole function, and it actualy doesnt autofill. It just shows a list. I need to click the list, to make it auto fill. Also there is no force-autolist

I think that you need to spend 10 minutes with the program you're considering using, go through the options etc, before making conclusions.
The autocomplete list in IDEal is the most powerful and customizable autocomplete compared to ALL editors that I know of. You just need to spent 5 minutes and you'll see that there is a whole page of options just for the autocomplete list, and you can make it to work however you want ( almost ) .
If you spend additional 10-15 minutes to read the previous threads about IDEal, the tips page on fungamesfactory.com and it's forum, you will find answers to
all your questions and explanation for various autocomplete options. I know that IDEal doesn't have a proper help file, but even if it had, you would need 10-15 minutes to read it.

I suggest you strongly consider to make it work as in Visual Basic 6+. I can imagine M$ did a lot of research on user interface.
IDEal itself is programmed mostly in VB6, and, if you ask me, IDEal's user interface is 10 times better. I don't know about VB Net, probably it has a better UI than VB6.

To save you some time... You don't have to click the list, you can press TAB or any Fill-up character. Also, there is a command to force autocomplete to show.
And I don't use my mouse at all while working in IDEal. Everything can be done easily with the keyboard.

Trader3564(Posted 2007) [#97]
oh, well im happy to hear. Im sorry but it was all unclear to me. And i must say i spent more then 5min :-P trying. But i will read the forums and found out how it works. I used todo search for features somethings in apps that actualy didnt have them, so thats why i was a bit short on this one. But ill look more into it now i know it is all possible. Thank you for mentioning!

Trader3564(Posted 2007) [#98]
Hi, after reading all help and etc.., i found out that actualy anything is there. Just forget about what i said. This is outstanding work!! To be honest, i would pay easly $20 for this IDE. It is very well done (just change the logo, haha, but thats about all left to bother about.) Why is it that you are doing this for free?

[edit]
Below my contribution to IDEal. I hope everybody enjoys the 24Hour style :-P
(it is fully customized, not just tab 1, but the other tabs also, solving all kinds of visual errors present in the default style.)

http://www.goldstarpcgames.com/dev2/24Hour.zip

[imghttp://www.goldstarpcgames.com/dev2/24hour.PNG]

Trader3564(Posted 2007) [#99]
4 suggestions...

1) make it so you can also configure a single key as short-key (if that is possible at all)

2) [edit] nm.. this is already suported.

3) ability select an icon on compilation :)

4) make a "capture key code" dialog.
like accessable by CTRL+K, dialog popsup waiting for a key to be pressed, the first key you press, it captures.

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#100]
@Leeming: I'm glad that you found your way in :) And thanks for your contribution. I like it a lot.

Why is it that you are doing this for free?

Because it's a bigger satisfaction to see 1000 users are happy using your program, than 50 users and $1000 in the pocket :) Also, it's linkware, not freeware .
1) make it so you can also configure a single key as short-key (if that is possible at all)
Not possible, sorry.
3) ability select an icon on compilation :)
This is already on my to-do list. Will come eventually.
make a "capture key code" dialog
Ok, no problem, nice idea.

Trader3564(Posted 2007) [#101]
And thanks for your contribution. I like it a lot.

Also, it's linkware, not freeware .

What does this meen? Do i need to link to your website forever? Sorry, but that is worse than paying. Is there anyother way to get a license other than through linking? Lets say PopCap uses your editor to make 1 game, then they would need to link? Thats traffic worth a lot. But then, whats in for you... nothing really because its free. Personaly i don't see why this construction is effective for anyone.

[edit]
Okey, no obligation. I feel a bit unfair now not crediting you, but linking is to much for me. Well if you ever plan to sell it for a reasonable price (lets say $20-$35? i dunno), i am your first customer!

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#102]
What does this meen? Do i need to link to your website forever?

No... Providing a link is not obligatory. See www.fungamesfactory.com/about.html

Trader3564(Posted 2007) [#103]
Hi Trixx, i noticed one more bug.

copy and paste this code in a new file"
;bug demo
dgsgdsgsdg
Function sdgsdgsdg
fsdfsfsd
sdfdsfdsfsdfdsd
End Function

Now, collapse the function, and click BELOW the linenumbering range.

Press ENTER. You will see that the "end function" drops outside the collapsed box, give 2 more enters, and start typing.
You will now see that the things your typing do NOT apear -until- you press enter again.
You're sort of working 1 line after the EOF.

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#104]
Nice find Leeming... Thanks for reporting it and for the detailed explanation... it'll be fixed for the next release.

Trader3564(Posted 2007) [#105]
Hey Trixx,

I had another idea. You made this (very awesome) function that when going I++ it converts it into I=I+1.

Can you make it so that when typing "function Somelabel()" it adds "-newline x2- End function" ?

I guess you could make it fire on the closing )

And with the Select, you can do the same. After entering a variable, it automaticly adds
"-new line- case 0 -new line x2- End select"

Same for If else then, and other multiline statements.
But i can imagine this gets complicated, because its hard to tell when its the first time one is setting up the statements, or modifing its contents r conditions.

But the function should be possible. Would be nice to see that one added.

[edit]
I noticed it is not possible to run a single script. This is anoying. I need to make a project for each file. I would suggest you make a "Run this script" option, that can run a script without saving it or having to put it inside a project.

QuickSilva(Posted 2007) [#106]
When you have a collasped function and you press enter when on the same line it automatically opens (uncollapses) the function. Is this intentional and would you consider adding a way to disable it if it is?

Jason.

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#107]
@LeeMing:
Can you make it so that when typing "function Somelabel()" it adds "-newline x2- End function" ?

And with the Select, you can do the same

Same for If else then, and other multiline statements

All these are already in - just instead of ENTER, press CTRL+ENTER ( Default shortcut ) on the end of the first line of the loop / If-Then statement.
See "Complete Scope " command.

But i can imagine this gets complicated, because its hard to tell when its the first time one is setting up the statements, or modifing its contents r conditions

That's why it's manual ( i.e. not automatic ), so you have full control when to apply it. Try it, you'll get used to it very soon :)

@QuickSilva:
That's normal behaviour for Scintilla based editors and for many others that I know of. If I change it, other users may complain ?
You probably want the Enter key to insert new line AFTER the function ( when it's folded ) ? I think it's possible, but must check first how much work is needed to change this.

QuickSilva(Posted 2007) [#108]
Trixx, OK if it`s normal then that`s fine. Maybe a toggle could be added though if it does prove to be a simple thing to add.

If it will take to much time then don`t worry about it, it`s a minor niggle.

Jason.

Trader3564(Posted 2007) [#109]
@Trixx, nice! This is probably the best IDE i've ever seen.

I noticed it is not possible to run a single script. This is anoying. I need to make a project for each file. I would suggest you make a "Run this script" option, that can run a script without saving it or having to put it inside a project.

What about that?

Réno(Posted 2007) [#110]
Hi Trixx, I have the same problem as mindstorms : now I can't run Ideal :((

When clicking on the icon, it does nothing... if I try to right click and "open", Ideal imediately crashes...

Too bad :°(

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#111]
@Réno :Can you give me some more info ... what version are you using ?
Can you tell me what is the error reported/generated ( see error.log )
Did you recently installed / uninstalled some other programs ? Did you tried to reinstall it ?

Dock(Posted 2007) [#112]
I tried out IDEal because the creator of VisualBlitz refused to let me pay for it. However, I found an error when trying out the File Explorer.

**********>> Created: 14/06/2007, 13:21:24<<***********
File Name :frmExplorer
Method Name :lvDirsFavorites_DblClick
Error Description :Object variable or With block variable not set
Error Number :91
Files opened :6
**********>> Created: 14/06/2007, 13:21:33<<***********
File Name :frmExplorer
Method Name :lvDirsFavorites_DblClick
Error Description :Object variable or With block variable not set
Error Number :91
Files opened :6

Other than that, first impressions are good. :)

QuickSilva(Posted 2007) [#113]
Just wondering Trixx is a new version due soon?

Jason.

Réno(Posted 2007) [#114]
Hi Trixx,

I tried the 3 last versions ( install/uninstall )... and they all do the same thing : nothing ! No way to start by clicking on the .exe !!

I haven't go error.log as I can't start the program :(

Yes, I have installed : Alcohol 120%, ISOpen, IZArc, Lavasoft ad-aware 2007, ModPlug tracker.

I can't remenber what I uninstalled :|

Config : Windows XP SP2 Home, 1Go ram.

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#115]
@Dock: Thanks for reporting it, it will be fixed for the next release.

@QuickSilva: 10-15 days, I hope so :)

@Réno Can you check if you have IDEal process running in the task manager after you click on the exe? Can I mail you some test version so I can find the problem ?

Réno(Posted 2007) [#116]
Trixx,

1-No process in the task manager,
2-Yes, you can e-mail me ;)

Hujiklo(Posted 2007) [#117]
Trixx,
this thread has got a bit long and so I don't know if it's already been mentioned or not but each version of IDeal I try seems to have the same problem of identifying all Types as 'Bad Text' in red unless they are in my first BB file where the Types are declared - is this right? Is it easy to fix?..so far I have to set 'Bad Text' to white so as not to confuse me while reading my code.

Also, would it be possible to auto-indent comments along with code? For some reason previous code I've written in in my old editor (Brain-ed) does not indent and is very hard to read way out over to the right of the page.

Small gripes I know.

Excellent work by the way - you've made coding in Blitz so much better!

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#118]
Hi Hujiklo,
seems to have the same problem of identifying all Types as 'Bad Text' in red unless they are in my first BB file where the Types are declared

Are you working with projects or with single files ? Is the file with type definitions in the same project as your main file ( it must be ) ? According to your description, it seems that you're using Includes, but your files aren't part of a project ? Please check this...

Also, would it be possible to auto-indent comments along with code?

I think there was a reason why comments aren't indented, but I can't remember now, maybe I'm wrong... I'll see what I can do about this.. it's probably possible :)

Buggy(Posted 2007) [#119]
Are we allowed to make suggestions for IDEal? If so, I strongly recommend adding the ability to click the center mouse button, and then move the mouse, to scroll through code (like in IE!). I find myself habitually doing this (the Blitz3D IDE lets you do it), and then being disappointed each time.

I know that this may not be as important as other things, but in my book it's at the top of the list!

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#120]
Buggy, yes of course, suggestions are welcomed :)
If so, I strongly recommend adding the ability to click the center mouse button, and then move the mouse, to scroll through code

If you're using XP, install a non-generic mouse driver and it'll work. Install for example some Microsoft, Logitech , A4 tech driver and you'll get what you need. That way panning will work in IDEal and in some other applications that don't support it through the default driver. So, just change the default XP mouse driver with a better one.
I think that you'll get this working also if you install Intellipoint: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ea22bd62-4873-406a-bbbe-c587d35a53bf&DisplayLang=en

Hujiklo(Posted 2007) [#121]
Trixx,

I found the problem. It was that 'strict mode' button being on presumably by default. It caught my eye and I switched it off as I'm using Blitz3D and hey presto! It sorted itself out!...and yes - it was a project not single files.

Thanks.

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2007) [#122]
Is it possible add a feature so that functions and global defined in INCLUDE'd files are not highlighted as undefined. Also they appear in the auto complete lists?

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#123]
@Boiled Sweets:
Is it possible add a feature so that functions and global defined in INCLUDE'd files are not highlighted as undefined

You must add the included files in the project. No other way, sorry.

@All: Before anybody asks, new version with bugfixes and few improvements is almost ready... will be available very soon.

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2007) [#124]
@Trixx - cool - ta...

I must say once again this IDE is a life saver!

DareDevil(Posted 2007) [#125]
pleace check the function "search"
this not update windows!

is possible create function inline style c++ in the your editor?

thanks ;)

bye

nrasool(Posted 2007) [#126]
Hey Trixx, Any news on the upcoming IDEal? Plus will it allow you to replace the icon, I know I can use reshacker, but having it done in the application would be excellent :)

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2007) [#127]
Oh and add support for UPX

Abrexxes(Posted 2007) [#128]
And dont forget the "MakeGame" button. ^^

mws(Posted 2007) [#129]
Hi Trixx,

I just wanted to thank your for your efforts. Without IDEal I would not have been able to learn Blitz3D.

I was about to make a feature request but instead I thought I'd share a clever workaround I found.

Problem: IDEal does not seem to recognize the 'this' operator. 'this' is always colored red. See code:

Graphics3D 800, 600, 0, 2

Type MyType
	Field x
	Field y
	Field Txt$
End Type

Local me.MyType

me = CreateNew()
Text me\x, me\y, me\Txt 

While Not KeyHit(1)
	Flip
Wend
End

Function CreateNew.MyType()
	this.MyType = New MyType
	this\x = 10
	this\y = 20
	this\Txt = "Hello world"
	Return this 
End Function

Solution: Add the line 'Local this.MyType' to the CreateNew function and the 'this' operator is no longer colored red. Pretty obvious except I thought it would cause a MAV or syntax error, apparently not :)

Bankie(Posted 2007) [#130]
When the variable isn't declared, it's red; when it is declared, it's not, so I don't think it's a problem. IDEal has actually got me into the good practice of declaring all my variables, to take advantage of the autocomplete and easy spotting of typos.

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#131]
Hi guys,

Sorry for the late reply... I was on a summer vacation and I'm finally back to IDEal now...

@DareDevil :
pleace check the function "search" , this not update windows!

Can you explain this a little more. Example ?

@BoiledSweets: UPX is already implemented through external tools ( settings->external tools )

@mws: Thanks..
Problem: IDEal does not seem to recognize the 'this' operator. 'this' is always colored red

In your example 'this' is a local variable and as Bankie explained, it will be colored red if you don't declare it. That's the point of "strict mode". Or you can turn off the strict mode and it'll be colored as a normal text.

@All: Sorry, I know that I'm way behind schedule for the next release, but I had troubles while rewriting the project management part of IDEal, and I finally decided to release a new stable release with bugfixes and few additions first and to release a new beta with the new project system one or two weeks later.
So, expect a new release during this week.

mws(Posted 2007) [#132]
Oh man I'm so embarrased. I thought 'this' was a keyword like it is in Java.

Me RFM before posting.

Looking forward to the new releases, keep up the good work.

DareDevil(Posted 2007) [#133]
old writing
"pleace check the function "search" , this not update windows! "

this problem exist with "Function" closed

boomboom(Posted 2008) [#134]
I don't know if this is the latest thread for IDEal, but:

Is there anyway to not have all the pages open for the project I am working on? I have quite modular code, but when I open my project workspace every page that I have defined as part of the project opens up as a tab, which gets a little crowded.

I just want to have only 1 or 2 pages that I am working on open?

Trader3564(Posted 2008) [#135]
Do you plan to make it work with BlitzMax?! i hope so!

LineOf7s(Posted 2008) [#136]
The only answer to "will you make a BlitzMax version?" so far has been "Maybe one day, but don't hold your breath".

For Blitzmax, your best bet is something like Project Studio.

QuickSilva(Posted 2008) [#137]
Hopefully Trixx will pop in and let us know the current situation with IDEal. Hopefully it is still being worked on but I haven`t seen him around for a while.

Jason.

lo-tekk(Posted 2008) [#138]
You might get a faster response here: http://www.fungamesfactory.com/

Trader3564(Posted 2008) [#139]
@LineOf7s, im pretty happy with blide tough :)

LineOf7s(Posted 2008) [#140]
@Goldstar: Fair enough - BLide is very popular and very well-regarded. A number of people, however, have been very happy with BLide until they tried Project Studio (much as I was happy with Visual Blitz until IDEal came along).

I just wanted to allow you the opportunity to make an informed decision. :o)

QuickSilva(Posted 2008) [#141]
Possibly a bug. When I try and open multiple files sometimes it loads them and other times it only loads one.

Anyone else getting this as I do not remember it happening before?

Jason.

boomboom(Posted 2008) [#142]
I founda bug where if your folder has a bracket in it, such as a New Folder(2) named folder it won't open any source or workspace file inside, instead with open a windows panal of that folder.

Yo! Wazzup?(Posted 2008) [#143]
For the "Can't do include files" thing, there is something you could try to implement Trixx...

Under a menu, an include option that brings up a dialog box. In that dialog you can add or delete includes that are shown. Clicking on add brings up a file select dialog and when you select the include file it reads the file and finds any functions/vars. Could you do that? Sorry if my explanation was vauge. :P

Beaker(Posted 2008) [#144]
Hi, hope you don't mind me digging up an old thread (and I hope it is the latest!).

I've a couple of problems with IDEal:
1) IDEal has a problem highlighting this line:
S$ = Replace(Trim(Right(S$,Len(S$)-Len(T\T$))),"	"," ")

It gets confused because of the tab between the first set of quotation marks, I think.

2) Whenever IDEal is running, I can't get my Start bar to autopopup. I have to resort to pressing my Windows key, or using Alt-Tab. It doesn't seem to matter if IDEal has focus or not, and AFAIR this has been a problem with all versions of IDEal.

Thanks for a very useable IDE. :)