Machina

Community Forums/Showcase/Machina

j-man(Posted 2007) [#1]
Set in the near future, Machina takes a glimpse into a world dominated by robots and the evolution of robotic society both socially and technologically, without human influence. It is an ambitious project that tolerates the stereotypical shows of power displayed in current games today, but primarily focuses on rewarding players for exploration and self discovery. Machina has currently been in production for about 3 months, and we are now just beginning the development stage. Our main goal with Machina is to produce a great game that is both fun and thought provoking. Projected release Summer 2008.
http://machina.jnoodle.com/

Ked(Posted 2007) [#2]
Isn't "machina" a phrase from Final Fantasy?

SpaceAce(Posted 2007) [#3]
"Machina" was used in FFX but is not original to the game.

SpaceAce

iamnothing(Posted 2007) [#4]
The term Machina is older than the great-great-great-great grandparents of anyone here. And older even than that.

mrtricks(Posted 2007) [#5]
It comes from (among other things) 'Deus Ex Machina' (Latin for 'God in the machine').

I like the design of the robot, especially its head :)

Buggy(Posted 2007) [#6]
No offense, but isn't this the forum for completed projects?

There's a reason I've never posted here...

mrtricks(Posted 2007) [#7]
Actually since there's only the one showcase forum, I'd say it was anything people want to show. There's certainly an argument for having a separate forum for completed projects and works in progress.

Buggy(Posted 2007) [#8]
Fair enough.

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2007) [#9]
Yeah guess it's a point of view - I don't mind people posting if they have something to show, and j-man has quite a few screenshots etc.

Now the 'I'm planning to start a game next week along these vague lines' posts have no place here, IMO.