Lights of Dreams online version

Community Forums/Showcase/Lights of Dreams online version

Xilvan(Posted 2007) [#1]
New website for Lights of Dream Online and Xilvan Design's other projects at www.xilvandesign.com. Look around, sign up on forums, try demos. Have fun!

Xzider(Posted 2007) [#2]
Leaedas_Treehopper@... if you need help with anything.

Edit - Working the online parts of Lights of Dream

Gabriel(Posted 2007) [#3]
I'm presently looking for a Blitz programmer who can make 3d online games...

Is this paid or unpaid?

AJirenius(Posted 2007) [#4]
Xilvan: I guess this is going to sound something similar to what it use to do in GameDev's forum but here it goes:
People normally does not want to jump in into projects named "make my idea!". Unless good paid and that people really really are convinced that they will work in a project for about 5 years and still get paid you will probably don't recieve anyone helping you out here.

I might be wrong though.

Xilvan(Posted 2007) [#5]
The project is done... The only thing that remain to do is to make the online part...

khayn(Posted 2007) [#6]

Gabriel(Posted 2007) [#7]
So it's unpaid then?

Naughty Alien(Posted 2007) [#8]
:)

Xilvan(Posted 2007) [#9]
There will be a little paid
it will be around 3$ per game sold

The game will costs 30 $ and 15 $ will remain to the studio cause of the engine and 15$ will be separed throught the members... I've just puted the game on the net... it will be awesome ! Look at the pics:

You will have the choice between Angels, humans, fairy and magicians... all will have the mission to find out how to restore earth in 3800... There will also have a 3D solo mission of Lights of Dreams copy reserved to each members of the gaming community... only 11 dongeons and models remain to build.

(tu) sinu(Posted 2007) [#10]
The scenes have no action though, even though the character models look fine. No animation ie walking, idle action are shown just still meshes
I do think it is a very good attempt though.

Xilvan(Posted 2007) [#11]
The character can walk, jump, fly...
Try the demo... Heres a video of it...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrKpR0cGDH4

Xzider(Posted 2007) [#12]
ill help, just email/msn me

(tu) sinu(Posted 2007) [#13]
I meant the screens show no action, i've played the demo's including the older ones you did, i thought they were pretty good.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2007) [#14]
I watched the demo, you really need to slow it down, the flying is way to fast, it makes your game seem really small because you can travel over it very fast.

gfx look ok tho could be a really nice game and you have put a lot of work into it, so I hope it sells well for you.

Xilvan(Posted 2007) [#15]
I'm wondering why nobody buy my game Lights of Dreams...

caff_(Posted 2007) [#16]
This isn't the best place to advertise.

Buggy(Posted 2007) [#17]
Advertise elsewhere, and get some grammar lessons or a good translator. English isn't your first language, right?

Naughty Alien(Posted 2007) [#18]
your demo archive is not good...I just download it and it seems that zip archive is corrupted so i cant extract content...

Xilvan(Posted 2007) [#19]
I'm remaking the demo then... in .rar

khayn(Posted 2007) [#20]
Xilvan....

"why nobody buy my game?...."

my 1st game was a online game like Magic "the gathering"... (there is a photo somewhere).....
ufff.... i wrote thousands post on thousand webbs....
the game was free.... but..... only 40 wanted play it.... and it was FREE!!!!.....

announce your game in all game´s webbs you know and others, and...time, time, improve some basic details (animation and textures)

GfK(Posted 2007) [#21]
I'm not being funny, but do your characters just rollerskate about in the "standing to attention" position?

Every single one of your screenshots has been the same. Not once have I seen any evidence that the characters are animated.

Perhaps the reason nobody is showing any interest, is because it looks like you just created a terrain and dumped a load of random models on it. There are no menus, no apparent controls, absolutely no evidence at all of any form of user interaction or even a hint of gameplay.

Buggy(Posted 2007) [#22]
Xilvan,

I believe I've asked you this numerous times, and don't recall the responses. Adding to Gfk's comment, is there any fighting? There's nothing wrong with the game if there isn't, but if there is, you might want to advertise it. There's a sword, the game's called, "Angelic Blade," and yet no screenshots show any action.

Also, like Gfk, I'd love to see some other pictures. Maybe a video?

Naughty Alien(Posted 2007) [#23]
..I have downloaded new archive, it was error again regarding some rar files within rar itself??!! Anyway, program with corresponding folders, graphics etc, is extracted, I set up my screen size, and in LODSetup proggy, and when I run game, after story introduction I got MAV..and text appear in introduction story going over frame borders..try to fix that becouse its really looking unprofessional..

(tu) sinu(Posted 2007) [#24]
@Gfk I think a few of us of shared this view, so hopefully, he will put up new screens. I have messed with the demo and that stuff is in, so why not show it.

stayne(Posted 2007) [#25]
In the youtube video the movement is WAY too fast. The character's movement speed does not match the walking animation. Slow everyting down!

Xilvan(Posted 2007) [#26]
Actually the game has many animations, many actions and is getting online... GFK, I cant take any pics in action cause I cant take any pics while playing just when standing still

I've got 3000 people who downloaded the game on download.com... and nobody bought the game...

Xzider(Posted 2007) [#27]
Theres not enough in-game content Xilvan:(

I am doing the online parts for Lights of Dream, its pretty cool, but it runs way to fast ( I can zoom accross a world very fast ), not enough fighting content,no quests, only choice from 1 weapon I believe, fighting system is a little...weird...

Xilvan(Posted 2007) [#28]
For the speed I use a timer... but it seems unefficient.

Theres around 30 items quests including 5 wands, 4 keys, wings, lamp, 9 elements, 10 Spheres, money and 4 kind of portions... All parted throught 24 worlds.

Theres 100 Xyld pieces to gather.

I have to review the fighting style... its a bit tricky to make and I still have alot to learn !

Its the best game I've made since all my life...

Xzider(Posted 2007) [#29]
Can you change weapons and they change on the character model? Armor? Just wondering, guess to early to add at the moment.

And quests are essential to a mmorpg. Unless your going all PVP, /shrug

JustLuke(Posted 2007) [#30]
I tried the Light of Dreams demo today. It crashed with a memory exception error.

Zenith(Posted 2007) [#31]
I also need beta testers to test the product...

... and people to buy the product... ha ha ha
You also realize this isn't a help request forum, this is for Blitz Showcases to show off games, not ask for help.

Chroma(Posted 2007) [#32]
I'm not being funny, but do your characters just rollerskate about in the "standing to attention" position?

South Park?

EDIT: I'm downloading the demo right now. Will report back in a few.

Chroma(Posted 2007) [#33]
Well....here goes.

The guy runs too fast (animations are too fast too). The skybox isn't seamless. And the main reason I wanted to check it out is because I assume you can fly in the game. I couldn't figure it out. That's a main selling point I think. My guys has wings, so I want to fly around. How do I do that?

As for the MMO thing you want. Just get that BlitzPlay Lite version and use that. That's be plenty powerful for 16 players. Use GNet also as a lobby.

Xilvan(Posted 2007) [#34]
theres a way to slow it down... Use the SetupLOD program and slow the game until u reach 20 by pressing <-

Gabriel(Posted 2007) [#35]
theres a way to slow it down... Use the SetupLOD program and slow the game until u reach 20 by pressing <-

No one's going to do that. It couldn't possibly take you more than an hour to implement some proper game timing to make the game run the same speed on all machines.

GfK(Posted 2007) [#36]
What Gabriel said. Slowing the game down by forcing it to render more stuff than its capable of, is a terrible way of doing it.

You need proper timing. Plenty of examples in the code archives. Or rip the tweening code out of Mark's Castle demo.

Ross C(Posted 2007) [#37]
Only update the game movements 60 times every 1000 milliseconds, and render as often as possible. As said above, it's pretty easy to implement considering the code in your game you already have :o)

Xilvan(Posted 2007) [#38]
On my PC I render 85 times per 1000 miliseconds to get it fluid.... Online is getting pretty good at the moment... it only remain the animations...

Naughty Alien(Posted 2007) [#39]
Tweening will just do job man..why bother so much about that?

Xilvan(Posted 2007) [#40]
I do tweening in the game already... so dont worry !

Chroma(Posted 2007) [#41]
How do you Fly?

Xzider(Posted 2007) [#42]
Your suppose to pick up the wings in the house I think. And also I am currently doing the online part for it, wrote a small library so far and it is Online with chatting/walking/animations as of now. but along ways to go. And the code for LoD Client is in french (Variables,etc.) which makes it very hard for me

Trader3564(Posted 2007) [#43]
Plug 'n play, what else?

Xzider(Posted 2007) [#44]
New website for Lights of Dream Online and Xilvan Design's other projects at http://www.xilvandesign.com. Look around, sign up on forums, try demos. Website should be added to the first post soon. Have fun!

Trader3564(Posted 2007) [#45]
ahhhh!!!! popups!!

website is nice tough xD, not the best, but a good start :)
anyway i would antialias the title and make sure the menu is placed properly.

Xzider(Posted 2007) [#46]
David is the web designer, dont think he comes to blitzbasic.com, ill make sure I tell him that, thanks for advice.

Rob Farley(Posted 2007) [#47]
For want of not sound anal... There's a spelling error on the first page "Earth, the eternal paradise, loosed all it's interests"

Xzider(Posted 2007) [#48]
Yeah. Unfortunately Xilvan first language is french.