SMTP client functions (no authorization)

Community Forums/Showcase/SMTP client functions (no authorization)

Andres(Posted 2007) [#1]
I've created some SMTP client functions. It works fine, but it doesn't support authorization at the moment and i don't have any SMTP servers either where i could authorize myself, so could anybody help me on that part.

Usage example:
SMTPStream% = SMTPConnect("smtp.some-server.com", "username", "password")
SMTPSendHeader(SMTPStream%, "mail@...", "rcpt@...", "Mail subject")
WriteLine SMTPStream%, "This is the message"
SMTPEndMail(SMTPStream%)

Functions:

Xzider(Posted 2007) [#2]
Function 'sector' not found

Andres(Posted 2007) [#3]
Sorry for that, added it.

Xzider(Posted 2007) [#4]
Sounds cool, but I cant get it to connect to hotmail/yahoo

Andres(Posted 2007) [#5]
Probably because it needs authorization, enable debugging. I'll try tu use it with my own account on hotmail.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2007) [#6]
dont you guys have an ISP that provides e-mail ? if you do then smtp.yourISP.com

Most ISP's dont request any authentication for sending mail, they check your IP and Mac off of their list and then allow you to send/connect so it shouldnt be needed. Unless your trying to use a server thats not your ISP like yahoo or some other random server.

PS. this code could come in handy for making one of those E-Mail games where moves are made and sent via mail.

Yan(Posted 2007) [#7]
@Andres - Judging by some of your code, it would appear that you've already found this (the authentication has been tested and works)??

@Xzider - Hotmail/Yahoo aren't SMTP servers, AFAIR they use the webDAV HTTP extension.

Andres(Posted 2007) [#8]
@Yavin, yes, like i said it works well, but i'd like the code to work with authorization too.

@Yan, Nope didin't found that. I read examples and reference from "googling".
I just added the authorization as I think it would work, but i haven't tested it. I've only got as far as it says "Authorization failed", but no "Authorization successfull" message yet. It seems that i don't need to create my own functions anymore, i'll just use your code :). Does your code support "Progressbar"? :P