Nameless egg-smashing game

Community Forums/Showcase/Nameless egg-smashing game

Lucky_Luc(Posted 2007) [#1]
Hi!
This is a little game I'm working on. The objective is pretty easy: You have to build horizontal or diagonal lines of 4 with eggs of the same colour. It's far away from finished, but it already contains almost all important game objects.

Please comment on:
- fun; do you like the idea?
- graphics; are they okay? I'm not so good in doing them...
- name; I don't have any idea! Can you help me?
- any other suggestions

music and sound will be implemented some day...

Windows: http://www.file-upload.net/download-201759/teitris-v0.4.zip.html

xlsior(Posted 2007) [#2]
I played through stage 3-8, and quit -- While I like Tetris & it's derivatives like Qwirks a lot, this one just felt... Boring.

I don't want to sound overly negative, but here's my initial impression:

1) the gameplay isn't smooth enough. The eggs drop a full line at a time, and pressing the 'down' arrow still takes forever to drop an egg all the way to the bottom. It will probably feel much smoother if you lower the eggs a partial line at a time -- less choppy.

2) Some of the graphics are too similar, especially the yellow egg with the greenish edge and the yellow egg with the brownish egg

3) Too easy. Any time you get some kind of built-up (2/3 full?) I kept getting several bombs in a row which cleared a substantial chunk of the screen again. I never even got close to feeling I was going to be in trouble.

After playing this for a bit, I felt that there's a good reason that the various tetris-type games use blocks that consist out of at least two segments, vs. the single egg you are using here.

Overall rating: "Meh."