My upcoming 3D platformer /Sky Temple level/

Community Forums/Showcase/My upcoming 3D platformer /Sky Temple level/

Naughty Alien(Posted 2007) [#1]
..here is shots from 4th level of my upcoming 3D platformer /in total 15 levels/

Everything on level/as all levels before/ is in motion, trees, grass, fireholders on sealing, water, volume clouds, etc, and affected by physics...this is just short update and I hope you like it..

P.S.
Grey, I'm still working on it :)

daaan(Posted 2007) [#2]
Screams Prince Of Persia! I love it. Anything playable?

Naughty Alien(Posted 2007) [#3]
right now its whole level (4 of them) completely done, as well as enemies..soon (after 6th level) I'll release playable demo on tutorial level..

GfK(Posted 2007) [#4]
I like the clouds.

Matty(Posted 2007) [#5]
It looks very pretty, is it possible to antialias all those jagged edges though - it probably looks fine in motion but it is very noticeable in the screenshots. In the 3rd and 4th screenshot the ground is very 'glowy' -= perhaps too much? And in the final screenshot the tiles/floor looks a little too repetitive.

Despite those semi-negative comments I made above I do think it looks fantastic and would love to be able to do that myself.

Is it done in blitz3d or blitzmax?
How long have you been working on this?

Vorderman(Posted 2007) [#6]
Excellent pictures - the floor on the first 2 reminds me of the interior of the church in the Half Life 2 : Lost Coast level.

Amon(Posted 2007) [#7]
Nice. :)

You should start a Guess the Engine thread. :)

caff_(Posted 2007) [#8]
Good use of modulate x2 - perhaps as matty said tone it down a bit.

Perhaps a few different tile textures in the floor to break up the pattern a bit.

Otherwise looks nice. What's the actual gameplay like? Would like to see a video of it moving.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2007) [#9]
@Matty - I'm working on this platformer levels past 5 months, so far i finished 4 levels completely + tutorial level in desert...total number of levels is 15...

@Sonicfactory - Its 3D platformer with smooth camera movement around player character..player character is female, with capability to communicate with all creatures in environment...how successfully she will use that ability will also influence number of enemies or creatures whos helping her trough adventure..each level will have 2 new and unique creatures not seen in previous levels..gameplay is more than this but i cant share that by now, and I hope you guys understand me..anyway, after some short small animation/environment demo i got attention from some quite interesting and let say 'serious' publishers...we will see anyway...its still long way to go..

.Squid(Posted 2007) [#10]
Hey wow! Open the secret of those clouds!
It looks awesome! But where are the shadows? And the floor looks too reflective. Trees are not so pretty as clouds ;)
9 of 10 points for these screenshots

Grey Alien(Posted 2007) [#11]
Looks cool. Why is the floor too shint?
Look forward to a demo.

Chroma(Posted 2007) [#12]
Is this BMax and MiniB3D or?

puki(Posted 2007) [#13]
Wow, I like this - email me the full source and media and I will check for any problems with it.

puki(Posted 2007) [#14]
Wait a minute - how much code have you nicked out of the code archives? - looks like it is full of mine - I gave the window one to "jfk" a while ago.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2007) [#15]
..in basics yes, it is for sunbeams JFK's code..I slightly modify few things as well as add some animated dust over it, so its looking nicer I think..

smilertoo(Posted 2007) [#16]
looks nice but you appear to be abusing the reflections.

degac(Posted 2007) [#17]
sweeeet things!!! I want to see it in motion! Please make a video...:D

IKG(Posted 2007) [#18]
Why add in the sunbeams? They're really not attractive or fun to look at. That gimmick stopped being used in games awhile ago.

Looking forward to a video/demo :D

Nathaniel(Posted 2007) [#19]
Truely awesome!
I really like the reflections.

Did you make everything?

I too look forward to the demo.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2007) [#20]
yes, I did whole geometry/textures in 3DSMAX/Photoshop, as well as external DLL's i use for some non B3D features..credits can go to JFK since I use to modify his sunbeams code and apply it for my needs...

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2007) [#21]
Reminds me somewhat of the style of Jouney To Wild Divine, a biofeedback pre-rendered 3d game. Anyone played that? Just reminds me of all the architecture and hanging plants, sort of romanesque.

Nice.

angel martinez(Posted 2007) [#22]
Very beautiful design,I like the arabian temple.

Chroma(Posted 2007) [#23]
Who volunteers to wax that floor?!

puki(Posted 2007) [#24]
Me.

Email the code an media - email in sig.

IKG(Posted 2007) [#25]
Puki, are you really joking or what? If you are, that joke's not funny anymore; never was.

SillyPutty(Posted 2007) [#26]
yeah, kinda annoying

andy_mc(Posted 2007) [#27]
regarding the code archives, I take it we're fine to build full commercial products using code from there?

Ryan Burnside(Posted 2007) [#28]
This game looks really well done so far!
Please make it difficult and require some skill.

Sonic(Posted 2007) [#29]
Looks great, lots of atmosphere!

ckob(Posted 2007) [#30]
what external dll's do you use for those effects? Awesome looking shots but im curious how its done in blitz3d?

Mustang(Posted 2007) [#31]
Nice! Textures are bit too all-low-sat-browns for my taste and lighting is too ambient... bit more contrast and good lightmaps / ambient occlusion maps would do good here. But nice work - ignore my whinings! :)

Zenith(Posted 2007) [#32]
That's beautiful :)

Xzider(Posted 2007) [#33]
Did you use another 3D engine? Maybe from a .dll? Or is this blitz's dx7? Because that looks to good for blitz piece of crap dx7

Naughty Alien(Posted 2007) [#34]
it is Blitz3D powered by DLL's with some wrapped DX9 features...

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2007) [#35]
Can I suggest making it a little more dirty ?

For example the area's where ground meets grass are very sharp, I did a 3D demo a few years back with the same problem and the person I did it for asked me to make it look less fake, I had no idea what he was talking about but in the end I just made look a little more messy like real life.

Instead of a nice flat line between grass and tile, I had some parts where the grass grew over the tile so it was no longer a nice perfectly cut border..

Just a thought, it looks nice and shiny for sure.