IDEal - new BB IDE - version 0.8.77 released

Community Forums/Showcase/IDEal - new BB IDE - version 0.8.77 released

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#1]
IDEal is an advanced IDE for B2D/B+/B3D . If you are new to IDEal, I strongly recommend to visit the previous two threads and read more about it here:
www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=66160
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=66528

New version is up ( 0.8.77 )

Download it here: ...

[Edit] You can download the latest release at www.fungamesfactory.com [/Edit]

Many thanks to BoiledSweets for hosting of previous IDEal releases on his website !

[EDIT] Now you can post questions, bug reports, feature requests also in the forum on www.fungamesfactory.com [/EDIT]

Changes in this version: (0.8.77)

[Added] External tools - define and run external tools that use BB files or created executables ( as UPX, Cod2Doc, preprocessors etc...)
[Added] Typing variable++ /-- can be automatically converted to variable=variable+1 /-1 ( optional )
[Added] Option to not sort functions in the Code Explorer ( file mode only ). i.e. to sort them according to their position in the file
[Added] Option to show/hide marker margin
[Added] Goto Declaration now also works if the keyword is selected
[Added] IDEal now comes supplied with the default blitz font, i.e. no longer relies on the user having it installed in the fonts directory
[Changed] IDEal now positions itself to last screen location after restarting, instead of centering itself on the screen
[Changed] Loading workspace now won't close browser help files that are opened
[Changed] On new installation default Blitz folder is C:\Program Files\Blitz3D
[Fixed] Parser bug that was causing array of type that contains BB Array of another type to not be parsed correctly
[Fixed] Using XP Themes wasn't possible if you did a clean installation of the previous ( 0.8.62 ) version.
[Fixed] Code tips for functions would point to wrong parameter while typing arrays as parameters
[Fixed] Bug that was causing exception on the first run after uninstalling and installing the same version of IDEal
[Fixed] Using "Keyword Help" after multiple loading of a workspace would throw an exception

Screenshot of setting up of external tools:

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#2]
Some notes on this release:

1. External tools: Go to Settings->External tools to define external tools. A menu for running of the external tools is located in Compile->Run External tool... If you don't like the location of this menu, go to customize mode and move it wherever you like. There are predefined "UPX Last created EXE" and "Cod2Doc ActiveFile". You'll need to setup locations for these utils though.

2. Option to not sort functions in the Code Explorer - This implementation is actually slower than the default one, because it's build on top of the default one. So, if you turn this option ON, automatic refreshing of the Code Explorer may be slow for files with more than several hundred functions. This option is located under Preferences->General tab and defaults to OFF.

3. Known bug in this release: If you open two different projects ( at the same time ) that use the same file on the same location, IDEal will throw an exception. This will be fixed for the next release. All other bugs that were reported are fixed for this release, though there are few visual improvements that need to be implemented for the next release.

4. Automatic conversion of Var++ ( or -- ) ... This is realtime conversion, i.e. in the same moment as you type the second plus sign. IDEal will check if the word before ++ could be a variable. It'll not full check if the word is a valid variable, because that will make this feature unusable for those that don't use 'Strict emulation". As a result, any word that can be a variable name will be valid, i.e. typing functionname++ will also do a conversion. However, strings, other operators and some other non-word text won't be automatically converted if you make a mistake.

SpaceAce(Posted 2007) [#3]
Oh, well, I might as well chime in with everyone else: BlitzMax support would rock.

SpaceAce

Beaker(Posted 2007) [#4]
Once again, great work.

Something that would make it even better, is that when you press F1 and the cursor isn't over a keyword, it searches back along the line until it finds the previous keyword and displays the help for that. Maybe do the same for the statusbar help.

One minor bugette: when you type ++ after a var name inside a string constant (eg. "myVar++") it does the expansion still.

Brilliant tho. The best blitz specific IDE I've ever seen. Really like the var++ addition.

Chroma(Posted 2007) [#5]
This is astounding. I'm a diehard BlitzIDE user, but this...this is the bomb!

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#6]
Thanks people,

Something that would make it even better, is that when you press F1 and the cursor isn't over a keyword, it searches back along the line until it finds the previous keyword and displays the help for that. Maybe do the same for the statusbar help
Like for example when typing parameters for a function ? If that so, then it's easy to add this, and I agree that it will be useful.

@ALL:
Amongst other things, next release should contain a ToDo list and automatic backups, but I don't want to add something that you won't like and adding/changing functionality later.
There are various ways of implementing these features, especially ToDo list, so feel free to say what kind of ToDo list you want to see in IDEal ( features etc... ). It's perfectly ok if you point to some other program/editor and say "I want THIS kind of ToDo list" :)

LineOf7s(Posted 2007) [#7]
I've held off until now, since you've been inundated...

...but there's only two things I miss from Visual Blitz.

1. The "Insert Filename" function. It's a menu item that opens a file browser. Select a file and it adds the filename chosen (including full path), in quotes, at the insertion point.

... You know what? I just thought "Hey, I'd better check for sure to make sure it's not in there yet", and lo and behold: Edit -> Insert -> Insert Filename.
"This feature is not available yet, please wait for the next release..." You big tease! :o) Thanks for that.

2. An option presents you with a list of userlibs currently installed in the appropriate directory, and through the use of checkboxes lets you enable or disable each userlib (by renaming the file into something like "userlibname.decl.disabled") It's handy for experimenting with various userlibs without having to worry about potential function name conflicts or whatnot, and it's certainly a lot easier than heading into the userlib directory and manually renaming, moving or deleting them each time.

As I said, these are the only two things I miss from Visual Blitz, but there are so very many more things you've added that I didn't know I wanted until you gave them to me, that I'm well ahead as far as ease-of-use goes.

Thankyou for continuing to develop the best IDE for the legacy Blitz products yet. :o)

DarkMere(Posted 2007) [#8]
I think 'LineOf7s' summed up my feelings with his comment, "...there are so very many more things you've added that I didn't know I wanted until you gave them to me."

Thank you!

QuickSilva(Posted 2007) [#9]
This is great. Thanks for the update, I`m off to give it a test run now.

Thanks again for all of your hard work with this, your IDE is a pleasure to use.

Jason.

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2007) [#10]
AWESOME. How do you run the external tools

big10p(Posted 2007) [#11]
Haven't done much coding lately, but I've just taken a quick look at this. Seems very nice, indeed. Could have done with this a few years ago. :)

Thanks Trixx. Most generous of you to make it free!

Curtastic(Posted 2007) [#12]
Thanks for the update!
Heres a few bugs I found:

1. The percent sign is red when it shouldn't, for binary numbers:
Print %101 'prints 5

2. The ++, -- don't work with lots of arrays.
like grid(x,y)++
or array[i+1]++

3. Redimming an array causes it to be shown twice in the dropdown list.

4. I turned off the breakpoint margin and now some lines that say Stop have the background red and I can't get it off. I don't want it to show anything when there is a stop command.

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#13]
Thanks again to all of you...

The "Insert Filename" function. It's a menu item that opens a file browser. Select a file and it adds the filename chosen (including full path), in quotes, at the insertion point

There is command for this from the first release, but it's not functional yet, and I was wondering why nobody asked for this ( and lowered priority ) :) Anyway, it'll be there in the next release, but it was planned to insert the relative path for the chosen file. Do you really need absolute path ?

2. An option presents you with a list of userlibs currently installed in the appropriate directory, and through the use of checkboxes lets you enable or disable each userlib (by renaming the file into something like "userlibname.decl.disabled") It's handy for experimenting with various userlibs without having to worry about potential function name conflicts or whatnot, and it's certainly a lot easier than heading into the userlib directory and manually renaming, moving or deleting them each time.

It's easy to add this, but isn't it dangerous to mess with ( to rename ) these files. I mean, someone could easily forget what he has done and blame IDEal after that... but maybe if I put big red warnings on that form it will help :)

@BoiledSweets: About the external tools, read the second post...

there are so very many more things you've added that I didn't know I wanted until you gave them to me

I'm glad to hear that people are using non-standard features, because they took many months of the development time and I'm sure they will greatly increase your productivity once you get used to them.

@Curtastic: Thanks for the reports...
1. Confirmed, will be fixed.
2. That's the problem of "basic" checking ( see second post )... but I'll find a solution, probably by ignoring of everything inside braces
3. Ok, I think I can prevent this also.
4. Set the breakpoint color same as the background color. ( Color Styles->Margins )

Curtastic(Posted 2007) [#14]
Got it thanks. The fix for #2 sounds good.

LineOf7s(Posted 2007) [#15]
but it was planned to insert the relative path for the chosen file. Do you really need absolute path ?

No, relative path is what I meant. Probably using the word 'relative' at some point would have helped. :o)

I mean, someone could easily forget what he has done and blame IDEal after that...

Here is a screenshot of the Edit Userlibs section of Visual Blitz. It's easy to see which userlibs are disabled because there's a big red cross through them in the list. Confusingly though, you put a tick in the box to disable them - I would have thought it more intuitive to have a tick in the box to enable them...

Hope that helps.

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#16]
Ok, "Insert filename with path" will be in the next update.
And thanks for the explanation... I'll put "Edit Userlibs" on my to-do list, along with "Create userlib"... Maybe for the next release, but don't hold me on that :)

mongia2(Posted 2007) [#17]
thanks trixx!

mongia

Lagrange(Posted 2007) [#18]
IDEal is great. Thank you for making it free. I think IDEal is better than all the other external IDE`s i tried.

Beaker(Posted 2007) [#19]
Regarding userlibs, you could move them to a folder (inside userlibs folder) called "ideal hide" or similar, when they aren't wanted. Saves you renaming them, easily retrievable, and is exactly what I do manually. :)

Starwar(Posted 2007) [#20]
Nice. Very nice. But the backgroundcolor is too dark in my oppinion. Try a green like in B2D

big10p(Posted 2007) [#21]
Nice. Very nice. But the backgroundcolor is too dark in my oppinion. Try a green like in B2D
You can change all the colours to whatever you want.

DREAM(Posted 2007) [#22]
I downloaded .63 last week and had a play. The first thing was the loading of my fruity caves code all in one block is over 17,000 lines it was in in about one second the blitz ide takes about 15....cool.

you don't know how hard your doing things until you try something new i guess, this is the first ide other than blitz i have tried and i like it lots....thumbs up.

Lagrange(Posted 2007) [#23]
Why don't you add this to the toolbox? I couldn't find it there.

Could you maybe add another way of scrolling trough the code: In the standard blitz IDE and other texteditors you can klick with the mousewheel into the code and then scroll in each direction by moving the mouse.
Not important but sometimes usefull for large code.
---- IDEal is great :) -----

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#24]
you don't know how hard your doing things until you try something new i guess

LOL, I know this one very well from my personal experience

Why don't you add this to the toolbox? I couldn't find it there

As soon as I finish the website ( www.fungamesfactory.com ) , I'll add it to the toolbox... Should be this week.

Could you maybe add another way of scrolling trough the code: In the standard blitz IDE and other texteditors you can klick with the mousewheel into the code and then scroll in each direction by moving the mouse

It works in IDEal too, at least it works here. Please check this ? If it doesn't , can you tell me what mouse driver you have installed ?

Curtastic(Posted 2007) [#25]
It works in IDEal too, at least it works here. Please check this ? If it doesn't , can you tell me what mouse driver you have installed ?

I tried it on 2 of my mice, scrolling with the wheel works fine, but clicking the middle mouse button doesnt do anything for me. Whereas in IE this allows me to scroll by moving the mouse. I'd also like this added :)

Iamhere(Posted 2007) [#26]
Is there an option inside to declare own folding markers with the comment char, if not can you implement this ?

Example

;fold

... code...

;endfold

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#27]
I tried it on 2 of my mice, scrolling with the wheel works fine, but clicking the middle mouse button doesnt do anything for me. Whereas in IE this allows me to scroll by moving the mouse. I'd also like this added :)

It seems that it doesn't work with the generic mouse driver built into XP. I tried with two other drivers - from Logitech and A4 Tech and it works. I don't know if I can make it to work with the generic driver because scintilla doesn't support it, but I will try.
Can someone confirm that it's working for him ?

Is there an option inside to declare own folding markers with the comment char, if not can you implement this ?

No... I can make it optional, but this can slow down parsing of certain parts of the code... I must look into this to see if it's possible to implement this without any slowdown...
Do you want to define more than one , or just want to redefine the built-in one ( [Block] - [End] )
How important is this for you ?

big10p(Posted 2007) [#28]
Mouse scrolling works here with my MS optical trackball, in win98SE.

Iamhere(Posted 2007) [#29]
I only use Editors with the feature to define own foldings
like Notepad++, CodeBrowser , RJTextEd or Protean
your Editor is a fast and easy to use BlitzIde and with the feature to define own foldings I would use it as my favorite Editor.

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#30]
@big10p: Nice to hear that it works in Win98 too.
Anyone else ?

@Andrea: It seems that I misunderstood your first post...
You can make custom folding blocks in IDEal using ;[Block] and ;[End Block] tags.
I thought that you want to change those tags in something else, i.e. to define your own.

Iamhere(Posted 2007) [#31]
Ahhh.. very fine.
I found a problem, I installed the new version and now everytimes I start the Editor, a Install-Requester pops up and say's I must deinstall my Mulidesktop, I Cancel this 3 or 4 times then IDEal starts.

Reactor(Posted 2007) [#32]
That's similar to what I had happen a while ago...

RepeatUntil(Posted 2007) [#33]
Very happy to see that Cod2Doc could be used to document directly the file you edit!! Great!

If you want to try it with IDEal, download Cod2Doc from my sig...

LineOf7s(Posted 2007) [#34]
I found a problem, I installed the new version and now everytimes I start the Editor, a Install-Requester pops up and say's I must deinstall my Mulidesktop, I Cancel this 3 or 4 times then IDEal starts.

And here I am thinking I'm going mad. Mine's the same, except mine tries to install a (currently uninstalled) program I use to draw and simulate hydraulic circuits. I've no idea where it gets the installer from - as far as I can tell, it's nowhere on my computer.

Iamhere(Posted 2007) [#35]
By me, the installer from XP-Clean I installed a time ago pops up.
I made a picture from this.

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#36]
@Reactor, LineOf7, Andrea:

Can you please check these paths ( Andrea, I don't know what's the exact path in German windows, but I think you can find it ) :

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Wise Installation Wizard\
C:\Windows\Installers\

I think that the program asking to reinstall itself uses Windows Installer and that Windows keep it's install package even if you deleted / uninstalled it !

Please check the above paths and tell me if you have an installer for that program there... it's name won't be some normal name, but
something like WISblablalbla.MSI - you must start it to see what program it is.

I'm investigating further to see why this happened... Can you confirm that it's original installation is using "Windows Installer" ( .msi ) ?

Also, what happens if you let that program to install/reinstall ?

Iamhere(Posted 2007) [#37]
I found no such Dir's
The path of the windows Dir is the same but I have no Installers directory inside.
The Path for programs is
C:\Programme\.. but the only dir with installers inside are different.
I downloaded the XP-clean programm again, it is a .msi file, when I start the XPclean57.msi I have the coice to uninstall or repair the old installation.
I push the repair option and now the installer means I must close IDEal and Multidesk Desktop Manager, I do so now, but XP-clean can not be repaired, a requester means I must get an update of windows first because the file C:\windows\system32\hhctrl.oxc is protected and can not be updated before.

Edit: I clicked now OK, but it install now over the old installation anyway

Edit: And now I can start IDEal normal, with no popup of the Installer.

LineOf7s(Posted 2007) [#38]
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Wise Installation Wizard\
C:\Windows\Installers\

I think that the program asking to reinstall itself uses Windows Installer and that Windows keep it's install package even if you deleted / uninstalled it !

Please check the above paths and tell me if you have an installer for that program there... it's name won't be some normal name, but
something like WISblablalbla.MSI - you must start it to see what program it is.

Good news: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Wise Installation Wizard\ exists, and it had three WISblablahetc.MSI files in it. Bad news: None of them were the program that was trying to install. Deleted them all anyway.

C:\Windows\Installers does not exist here.*

Allowing it to install brings up an error message complaining that it needs stuff from the install CD - which I don't have here.

From clicking on the IDEal icon to start it, the IDEal 'splash screen' shows up, followed by the rogue installer. I need to cancel that installer three times (every time) before IDEal starts as expected. Hopefully that helps somehow.

This never happened before the very latest posted version.

[edit] *Although, C:\Windows\Installer is... although it's not listed in Windows Explorer (and yes, I have 'show hidden and system files' on). I can type it in to the 'address bar' manually, and I can find it with a search... but otherwise, it doesn't exist. Spooky. Nevertheless, I deleted its contents. Didn't make a difference to the IDEal problem. [/edit]

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#39]
OK, I was investigating this for the last several hours and succeeded to reproduce it here if I manually delete ( without proper uninstall ) one program that is installed using MSI installer which uses some windows libraries same as IDEal. I'm not saying that you didn't uninstall your program correctly, but just that I can see the problem here. And anyway, I still don't know why this happens !

@LineOf7s: The solution I found is to use the "Windows Installer Cleanup" to solve this problem ( even Microsoft is aware that their installer causes problems ) :
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301
This util should allow you to completely uninstall that program from your PC.

But I'm really wondering why you didn't experience this with the previous version ! I'm sure nothing was changed in IDEal that could possibly cause this. Does it started immediately after installing the new version ?

LineOf7s(Posted 2007) [#40]
I'm at work now, so I'll be sure to try that when I get home...

...but yes, it started immediately after installing the new version. I would have mentioned it earlier, but there was a lil while between installing the new IDEal and running it for the first time, and it wouldn't have been the first time my system had gone loopy of its own accord. :o)

[edit] (2 hrs later) It worked! Nice support there Trixx. [/edit]

Iamhere(Posted 2007) [#41]
@Trixx
I have completely new installed my Win-XP in the last two weeks, I have not uninstalled or deleted a installation since there.

I can not 100% say that the problem was not also by the old version, because the Problem only comes when I start IDEal with a double-click on the Desktop-Icon, when I made the Editor as the Main-Editor for all .bb files and start IDEal with DoubleClick on a .bb file the problem was not.

I can not remember if I started IDEal in the old version with doubleclick on the Desktop ICon but I belive I have done and
the problem was not.

I have not uninstalled the old IDEal Version before I have installed the new IDEal Version over the old one, possibly this is the reason of the problem.

But wit repair of the XP-clean installation the problem with IDEal is gone now.

Iamhere(Posted 2007) [#42]
Mysterious, I have the problem again, now by double-clicking the .bb file and double-clicking the desktop icon.
I have not changed anything.
I made an windows update now, possibly the problem is gone then.

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#43]
Mysterious, I have the problem again, now by double-clicking the .bb file and double-clicking the desktop icon.
I have not changed anything. I made an windows update now, possibly the problem is gone then.

That's really weird. Your XP Clean installation is broken again ? Anyway, I don't think that the windows update will help...
If I understand correctly, you don't use XP Clean ? If so, can you try to completely remove it using the same program ( support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301 ) I gave to LineOf7s ? Because this happens only if you have a broken installation or incomplete uninstallation from a Windows ( msi ) installer.

Dark Soul(Posted 2007) [#44]
Love your IDE, been playin with it for days. Love the CTRL + D for finding a functions source.
Only found two things about it that weird me out. No cut paste and copy in the right click menus. Sorry dont like that private cut and paste. And when I hit the backspace key on a line below a folded Function it opens the function..other then that..I think its the best IDE for Blitz. Made me stop using Visual Blitz. Keep up the good work and thanks.

Those that are about too blitz salute you.

Iamhere(Posted 2007) [#45]
No, I use XPclean sometimes, to clean up XP.
I repair it now again, but I have not used it the last time.
Ok, repaired and IDEal works correct now.

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2007) [#46]
Dark Soul,

the right click menu can be changed. Right click on the toolbar and select customize. Notice a new menu appears "POPUP". Click it and edit to your hearts content by right clicking on the menu items!

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#47]
@Dark Soul:
No cut paste and copy in the right click menus. Sorry dont like that private cut and paste

You can easily add/remove commands in all menus, including right-click menu. Just right click on a toolbar and choose "customize"... Your right click menu will be added to the main menu line and you can add/remove commands, change/add shortcuts etc... I'm preparing some kind of help/tips page for IDEal, but in the meantime, you may want to visit the previous two threads about IDEal, there are many other features covered which are not obvious if you are new to IDEal :)
[EDIT] Eh, Boiled Sweets was faster, I didn't see his post :) [/Edit]

And when I hit the backspace key on a line below a folded Function it opens the function

You mean the folded function unfolds if you press backspace on an empty line 3 lines below the function ( should be just 1 line ) ? This is a bug, thanks for noticing it, it'll be fixed for the next release.. just please confirm that this is what you mean...

@Andrea: OK, Nice to hear that is ok now, but anyway, I'll install XP Clean here and try to find what actually caused it.

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2007) [#48]
Trixx,

I have found two new nasties! I'll fully document them later but basically...

1. When there is error in the compile the wrong line is shown in error in the IDE. I'll send you some source to show you what I mean.

2. When a Blitz array contains a type then the intellisence doesn't recognise the type's fields. Again I get some example code.

Apart from that you rock!

Dark Soul(Posted 2007) [#49]
Thanks for the heads up on the pop up menu Boiled and Trixx...I totally missed that on the tool bar. (Was still in awe of the IDE..good excuse.)

And yes..when I'm on a line below the folded function name ..(deleting stuff on that line and hit the backspace key once more after everythings gone) the function unfolds. Glad to hear it'll be fixed..not a big deal thou ..I mostly needed the cut and paste..I'm a lazy typist.

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#50]
1. When there is error in the compile the wrong line is shown in error in the IDE

Sometimes, in certain situations, in bigger files, the compiler itself reports wrong line. IDEal just points to a line reported by the compiler.
Please check the output window to see if the line reported by the compiler is the same as the one IDEal points to.

When a Blitz array contains a type then the intellisence doesn't recognise the type's fields. Again I get some example code

Ok, I'm waiting for the example...

@Dark Soul: Just to point out that this is normal if you hit backspace at the beginning of a line that is immediately after the folded function line. But it's not normal for the second and third line after the folded function, so this is a bug. Thanks again for reporting this.

QuickSilva(Posted 2007) [#51]
Trixx, when clicking on the relevant function names, labels etc... in the menu to the right of the screen you know it brings you to the point in your code that contains said fucntion, label, would it be possible to align the actual code that it locates to the top of the editor window like most other editors do as currently it seems to take you to the bottom of the editor window which I find a little unnatural. It takes a few moments to find where you are again which wouldn`t happen if the code was aligned at the top.

Nothing big, just a minor issue that I believe would help improve things.

Jason.

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#52]
@QuickSilva : Clicking on the function in the CodeExplorer by default will position that function: At the bottom of the screen if the function is after the cursor, or At the top of the screen if the function is before the cursor ( in both cases it will additionally ensure that the autoscroll policy is satisfied ).

You can already change this so they are always positioned at the top ... see 'Editor Settings'->'Autoscroll' -> "When jumping to a line, always show that line on top of the editor window'
Additionally, there you can change the vertical autoscroll value... in this case, it means how many lines from the top to position the function ( defaults to 3 ) .

QuickSilva(Posted 2007) [#53]
Excellent, thanks for sorting my problem. It seems you have thought of everything :)

Jason.

AJirenius(Posted 2007) [#54]
Trixx. First of all (again) thanks for a marvelous IDE. It's perfect for me and I couldn't find a better one elsewhere.

Now I just frequently when going back to a project cannot track functions down when reading my code. Is it possible to put the cursor where a function is called and whoops take the cursor to the actual function header? Say I see a functioncall and need to check what that function actual do then I just press a magic shortcut which takes the cursor to the specific function in that specific projectfile.

Maybe there already is such a function but Im to stupid to find it?

AJirenius(Posted 2007) [#55]
Yes I'm stupid. I found it.

Bankie(Posted 2007) [#56]
Hi, I just discovered IDEal yesterday, but in trying to work out how to add files to a project, I've came across a couple of bugs. Admittedly, these are caused when the user doesn't know what he's doing, but they shouldn't really occur anyway.

- Start a new project
- Open a file
- Add that file to the project - CRASH OCCURS

- Add files to a project
- Remove them all - CRASH

=================================

I know this has been brought up before and I respect your explanation for being unable to do anything about it, but can I make a suggestion? If you don't declare a variable, all instances of that variable throughout the code appears in red. What about each project having a list of words which the syntax will assume as valid? As a user, I'd like to take my cursor to the position of the variable, right-click and select an option (e.g. "Treat variable as valid").

Other than that, thanks for creating the IDE - it's got some really useful features. Great work!

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#57]
Admittedly, these are caused when the user doesn't know what he's doing, but they shouldn't really occur anyway.

No bug should ever occur, even if the user "doesn't know what he is doing" :) Thanks for reporting these, both bugs confirmed and will be fixed for the next release.

If you don't declare a variable, all instances of that variable throughout the code appears in red. What about each project having a list of words which the syntax will assume as valid? As a user, I'd like to take my cursor to the position of the variable, right-click and select an option (e.g. "Treat variable as valid").

Too many problems can arise from this - How to treat that word, what color to use for highlighting it, what if you later declare a variable with that name, where to save that list of words etc.
I presume that you already know that you can turn Strict mode off, but you want to use Strict mode and find it tedious to now declare all the old variables that aren't declared ?
If that is the case, what about a command "Add declaration for this word " that will add a declaration for a local or global variable at the beginning of a function / file ?

Zethrax(Posted 2007) [#58]
I know this has been brought up before and I respect your explanation for being unable to do anything about it, but can I make a suggestion? If you don't declare a variable, all instances of that variable throughout the code appears in red. What about each project having a list of words which the syntax will assume as valid? As a user, I'd like to take my cursor to the position of the variable, right-click and select an option (e.g. "Treat variable as valid").

Personally, I can't envisage any scenario where an undeclared variable should be treated as anything other than an error.

Bankie(Posted 2007) [#59]
What about the scenario of "I can't be bothered to declare the variable and I'm the only person who's going to see this mess anyway"?

Most people will agree that it's best practice to declare variables first, so I don't feel particularly strongly that there should be a feature to help cope with undeclared ones. An "Add declaration for this word" could be a time-saver, though the IDE can't mind-read you and declare it exactly where you want it. Unless the implementation of a feature like this is really quick 'n' easy, perhaps it would be better to concentrate on the more important requests and bug fixes.

Zethrax(Posted 2007) [#60]
If you don't declare a variable all it does is appear in red text, so I don't see it as being a huge issue in any case (as you more or less said). If the suggested alternative to declaring a variable in code is to declare it in the editor, then it seems to me that you end up expending the same amount of effort anyway, but for a less effective result.

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#61]
What about the scenario of "I can't be bothered to declare the variable and I'm the only person who's going to see this mess anyway"?

For that scenario I think it's best to work in non-strict mode, i.e. to change the "bad text" color to some "normal" color.

I'm thinking to implement some kind of toggle button for "Strict mode" on the toolbar.

It will help in situations when you work on your code in Strict mode and suddenly you need to try some code from the forum or from the code archives with undeclared variables. You'll probably be too bothered to go into the color scheme settings and change the "bad text" color to white or something normal. Now , instead of going to color scheme, you'll have to only toggle strict mode for that file and IDEal will color all "bad text" as normal text ?

Anyone need this ?

mindstorms(Posted 2007) [#62]
That would be useful, trixx. I am wondering why none of us thought of this earlier...

DREAM(Posted 2007) [#63]
Hey, is this going to work with BlitzMax at some point, or has this been asked.....sorry if i missed it if so..

Jolly(Posted 2007) [#64]
I have asked Trixx in the last version (www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=66528) if this IDEal will work with BlitzMax someday. Not sure :-(

I saw the disabled menu point in:
Settings/Preferences and ther in the tab Files.
BlitzMax Files (.bmx) (Not functional yet)

I have tried all the IDE's for BlitzMax, but NONE could ever be good as IDEal. Your program is the BEST IDE I ever tried out!!!

Trixx go on, GREAT, just GREAT!!

LineOf7s(Posted 2007) [#65]
DREAM asks...
Hey, is this going to work with BlitzMax at some point...

Trixx replies...
Hmm, first of all, I don't own BMax and I'm not familiar with the language, which means it'll take at least 2 months to add BMax support. There are also several IDEs for BMax available or in development, so I don't know if BMax users want another one. Even if IDEal can offer something that others can't / won't offer, I see many users are satisfied with the default IDE ( even with B3D's one ) i.e. people that somehow don't need/use advanced features , so I don't want to make a BMax version just for ten or twenty people.
Anyway, if people like this IDE, I can reconsider adding BMax support. And I'll certainly add support for BMax when I myself switch from B3D to BMax :)

Réno(Posted 2007) [#66]
Some "problems" :

1/When creating TYPES inside a fonction, the IDE show all variables in red ( We can't set TYPES as GLOBAL or LOCAL inside a function ! ).

2/In the docs, we should use "Foat#" and not "Float"... but the IDE show it in red... I don't know if there are others things like that :(

3/I don't know if it exists, but can we "jump" directely to the next word in red ?

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#67]
BMax version: I really don't know ... I must finish this version first, should be in a month or two. After that I may start thinking what will be my next project... But I think that I'm going to finish some of my games first :)

@Jolly: Thanks... At some point I was thinking that it would be nice to have an editor that will support B3D and BMax at the same time. But, now I see that adding BMax support to the existing version is not a good idea, so that option will be removed in the next release. If I ever make a Bmax version, it will be completely separate version.

@Réno: I don't understand 1 and 2. I tried to find the problem but without success. Can you post some example please...
3. No, but should be easy to add that feature. I'll put this on my Todo list.

Réno(Posted 2007) [#68]

;1
;ennemi
Type T00
	Field T00v10v00%;numero du groupe
End Type

Function GESTION00A(a1%)

Select a1

;********************************
		Case 13;objet 13

;================================
		;creation [Type]
		T00.T00=New T00

T00\T00v10v00=a1;numero du groupe

End Select

End Function

;2
If Edi41v00>(Float#(Gen00v01)/Car11v09(0)) Edi41v00=(Float#(Gen00v01)/Car11v09(0))

Thanks for 3 !

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#69]
1. T00 is not declared...
If you change
T00.T00=New T00
to
Local T00.T00=New T00
then everything is fine.
You may have both Global and Local T00 declared. Or maybe I'm missing something ?

2. 'Float' is a built-in function that always return float value , you don't need to put # at the end.
Try this ... Print Float (3) - it will print 3.0
Look in the example in the docs... It's also just 'Float'

Réno(Posted 2007) [#70]

;1/yes, it works, but when I use another function to work with, the code returns in red...

;ennemi
Type T00
End Type

Function GESTION00A(a1%)

Select a1

;********************************
		Case 13;objet 13

;================================
		;creation [Type]
		Local T00.T00=New T00

T00\T00v10v00=a1;numero du groupe

End Select

End Function

Function OBJET00A()

For T00.T00=Each T00

T00\T00v10v00=(T00\T00v10v00+1)

next

End Function

2/alright, I see, because I always use the exact syntax of the doc ( and in this case "Float#( value )" ).

Dustin(Posted 2007) [#71]
The debuglog command doesn't seem to be sending anything to the output window.

Couldn't find any mention of it in previous threads.

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#72]
@Réno :
1/yes, it works, but when I use another function to work with, the code returns in red...

Because it's declared as a local variable for the first function... Declare it as a Global outside of function and it will work across all functions.

alright, I see, because I always use the exact syntax of the doc ( and in this case "Float#( value )" )

I see, but in the original ( not updated ) docs pak syntax is Float. If you look into the keywords file generated by the compiler itself ( .lng file located in the /conf directory ) it is also just Float. Probably mistake in the updated docs...
But I'll change this in IDEal internally so it will accept also Float#, because obviously the compiler accepts both. Thanks for pointing this anyway.

@Dustin:
The debuglog command doesn't seem to be sending anything to the output window

Debuglog sends it's output to the debuglog window in the blitz debugger ( when you run 'debug compile' ) , not in the output window of IDEal.

Dustin(Posted 2007) [#73]
Debuglog sends it's output to the debuglog window in the blitz debugger ( when you run 'debug compile' ) , not in the output window of IDEal.

Sorry, my mistake!

It's a fantastic tool & I'll be happy to pay for a registered version if you decide to go that way when it's completed.

Réno(Posted 2007) [#74]
Trixx
>I can't set Global or Local for TYPES in the main loop.

And I can't set as Global inside a function. How would you do that ??

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#75]
It's a fantastic tool & I'll be happy to pay for a registered version if you decide to go that way when it's completed
Are you sure ? What if I set the price to 99$ ? Just kidding :) IDEal ( at least this version for B+/B3D ) will always be free.

@Réno :
I can't set Global or Local for TYPES in the main loop

We are talking about the type variables ( variables of custom type ), and they can be Global or Local.

And I can't set as Global inside a function. How would you do that ??

But I said -Outside- of a function

In your example you have Type T00, but you also have a variable with the same name T00
So, you have variable T00 of type T00 and as any other variable, it can be Global or Local.

Here is an example to illustrate this... Here you have separate Global and Local variables with the same name T00 ( of type T00 ):
You can run this example to see that they are different variables, i.e. they hold different values.
Type T00
End Type

Global T00.T00=New T00 ; Declaring Global variable T00 of type T00
T00\T00v10v00=10
GESTION00A(5)
Print T00\T00v10v00

Function GESTION00A(a1%)
 Local T00.T00=New T00
 T00\T00v10v00=a1 ; Here you are using the Local variable T00 of type T00 
 Print T00\T00v10v00
End Function

Function OBJET00A()
 For T00.T00=Each T00 ; here you are using the global T00
 Next
End Function
WaitKey

Réno(Posted 2007) [#76]
Trixx,

I don't create new type in the main loop, so I don't use that >

Global T00.T00=New T00 ; Declaring Global variable T00 of type T00
T00\T00v10v00=10
GESTION00A(5)
Print T00\T00v10v00

All Type T00 are global. They works, but IDEal thinks they are undeclared variables.

:/

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#77]
I really don't know what to say. Maybe I don't understand the problem.

Please, can anybody else tell me is there a problem with highlighting of type variables in strict mode ?

Variables of custom type can't be global if you don't declare them as global in the main loop. Maybe you are confused because your code
works, but you are actually creating ( using ) local variables of type T00 in each of your functions.
For example, this :
For T00.T00=Each T00
Actually creates Local Variable with name T00 of type T00 in that function.

Put this at the beginning of your function OBJET00A() :
Print T00\T00v10v00
And compiler will throw an error , because T00 is not declared !

Bankie(Posted 2007) [#78]
Ok, I'm going to ask something and risk sounding completely stupid. When using autocomplete, pressing a stop character fills in the rest of the keyword followed by the stop character. Isn't there a quick keypress that will fill in the selected word without any follow-up character? Yes, you can double-click with the mouse, but that's too slow and you'd be quicker just typing. The way I would have expected it to work is that you'd start typing the word, autocomplete shows some alternatives, you quickly cursor down and press enter to select the keyword you want. Am I missing something because as it stands, the autocomplete doesn't seem very useful at the moment?

Réno(Posted 2007) [#79]
Sorry Trixx, but I haven't got a good english...

Look at that code, it's the basic of what I want to use :

Type T00
	Field T00v10v00%
End Type

Function GESTION00A()
	T00.T00=New T00
	T00\T00v10v00=Rand(0,9)
	Print T00\T00v10v00
End Function

Function OBJET00A()
	For T00.T00=Each T00
		Print T00\T00v10v00
	Next
End Function

Repeat

GESTION00A()
	OBJET00A()
	Print ""

WaitKey

Delete Each T00

Until KeyDown(1)

Do not look for global or local Type. I use my Type into 2 functions : one to creat new Type, and on to make some maths on it.

The code works, and I assume that Type are in this way Global, because I can use them into two functions.

The probleme is, when you cut and past this code into IDEal, the variables of my Type are in red, so IDEal thinks that they are not declared variables.

My question is "Why" ?

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#80]
@Bankie: TAB is used to complete a word selected in the autocomplete list. ENTER is not appropriate for this purpose.

@Réno :
The code works, and I assume that Type are in this way Global, because I can use them into two functions

You must understand that "Type" and "Variable of custom type" are two different things. In your code you have both of them:
1. Type T00
2. Variables T00.T00 - variable with name T00 ( of type T00 ) - this is not a Type, it is a Variable. They have the same name only because you decided to use the same name.
And every variable must be declared as Global if you want it to act as global.

The probleme is, when you cut and past this code into IDEal, the variables of my Type are in red, so IDEal thinks that they are not declared variables

Because your variables T00 are not declared anywhere. You must declare them as Local or Global. That's the whole point of Strict mode - to highlight variables that are not declared.

Ok, the following example is same as yours, I just changed the variable names because I think that they are confusing you. As you can see, this code also works same as yours and you have 2 different variables. Just to show you that you are using Local variables that are not declared:

Type T00  ; this is TYPE
 Field T00v10v00%
End Type

Function GESTION00A()
 Myvar.T00=New T00 ; This is Variable ( of type T00 )
 Myvar\T00v10v00=Rand(0,9)
 Print Myvar\T00v10v00
End Function

Function OBJET00A()
 ;Local myvar2.T00
 For myvar2.T00=Each T00 
  myvar2\T00v10v00=(myvar2\T00v10v00+1)
  Print myvar2\T00v10v00
 Next
End Function

;Print T00\T00v10v00 ; If you put this line into your example, compiler will report an error

Repeat
 GESTION00A()
 OBJET00A()
 Print ""
 WaitKey
 Delete Each T00
Until KeyDown(1)

Please spend a little time and try to distinguish between "Type" and "Variables of Type" - these are two different things. You can have many different variables of the same type.

Jolly(Posted 2007) [#81]
Hello Trixx, its me again with a new (stupid) idea.

I'm programming a little game and I do have a project.
In this project I've createtd 3 category folders. In one I do have included graphic files and in the other I have included leveldata files and in the last I have included soundfiles.

So now all this files are opened in the Tab. Would it be possible to make this files in the Tab visible when I open a category folder and hide them when I close the category folder.

Sorry if I have all that (crazy) idea...but I think asking doesn't cost anything :-))

pimpom(Posted 2007) [#82]
Hello Trixx, I just tried Ideal and I love it, so this is just a thank you note :). Good luck in all your projects.

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#83]
@pimpom: Thanks!

@Jolly: Don't worry, I like when people ask for new features :)
I'm already working on a solution for project files to be visible or invisible on the tab line because it was already requested in the past. I don't think that it will be as simple as opening /closing a category, but it will definitely be possible to easily hide / unhide certain files.

Jolly(Posted 2007) [#84]
Cool Trixx, it's so great that you are developing IDEal. Go on!!! :-))

Paolo(Posted 2007) [#85]
Trixx,
thanks for this IDE, it is quite a great work :)

couple of things:

I keep getting errors when I add .bb files or remove them from the "Project Manager",
I can not say exactly >when< it happens since sometimes I get the bugs and sometimes don't ... :(

My Project have more than 40 included .bb files,
when you open your .ipf, it should NOT open ALL the included files, I think it would be better
if it only opens the .bb file marked as "Main_File" of the project, and then you can choose what other
files you want to open, ... so basically you have to give the option to open/close the .bb files of
the same project, as it is right now, you are forced to keep opened all the files.

And one more thing,
in the default Blitz3D IDE, when you compile a file, any other opened file is saved
before the compilation starts,
this is not the case in IDEal and I think it should work as in the default IDE ...

Long life to IDEal :)

Paolo.

@ Réno,
There's nothing wrong with the IDE in the code you are showing,
whenever you create a variable inside of a "Function", if it has NOT been defined as a "Global" then the variable
is treated as a "Local" variable inside that "Function", then the IDE is telling you have not defined your variable
as a "Local" or a "Global" anywhere in your code, so the variable becomes a "unknow text"

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#86]
@Eurhythmy :

I keep getting errors when I add .bb files or remove them from the "Project Manager",
I can not say exactly >when< it happens since sometimes I get the bugs and sometimes don't ... :(

Sorry for the troubles , it's probably the same bug reported by Bankie ( see post by Bankie above ). and also by Andrei here : http://fungamesfactory.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=2c067465da96757d7035395a5c09dac3&topic=10.0
Can you check your error.log file ( in the main IDEal folder ) and see if it's the same error as reported in the 3rd post in the link.
If that's it, it's already fixed for the next release.

My Project have more than 40 included .bb files, when you open your .ipf, it should NOT open ALL the included files, I think it would be better...

You're right. This was asked before and I'm working on a solution to have only some of the project files opened. In fact, probably all of them will be opened, but not all will be visible on the main TAB line, so it will look like they are not opened at all. IDEal must open and parse all the files so it can collect all the info about variables / functions in that project.

And one more thing, in the default Blitz3D IDE, when you compile a file, any other opened file is saved
before the compilation starts, this is not the case in IDEal and I think it should work as in the default IDE ...

IDEal saves all the files from the project before it is compiled. But If you think absolutely all opened files, including ones that are not part of that project, then I can add an option for that, it's easy. Please confirm...

And thanks :)

Paolo(Posted 2007) [#87]
Here's my "errorLog", don't know if it is any help,
one thing that's constantly giving an error is selecting the option "Remove Selected file" when you right_click a
file in the "Project Manager" to delete it.

But If you think absolutely all opened files, including ones that are not part of that project, then I can add
an option for that, it's easy. Please confirm...

Yes, exactly, ... sometimes you don't need to open the entire project to work in, ... you already know you're
going to work in only 2 or 3 files so you open them as independent files to work in ... (more simple to open the
whole stuff :)

Paolo.

[EDIT]
I have just found another thing,
if a Local var inside a Function is called exactly as the Function, the IDE understand you are referring to the
Function and not to the Local var, the same happens if you have a Global with the same name of the Function,
don't know if this problem is easy to solve ... it doesn't look easy to me :)
;The local f% inside the Function F() is not detected as a undeclared var:
Function F()
	F=F+1
End Function

Jolly(Posted 2007) [#88]
Hello Trixx!

I've found out something today.

3 projects opened. 39 files in all 3 projects. If I close IDEal and reopen it, all projects and files get opened. But today I've added the 40. file. All fine so far. But when I close and reopen I get an error and nothing get opened.

Here the errormessage:

**********>> Created: 12.03.2007, 19:01:30<<***********
IDEal version :0.8.77
App. Path :D:\Daten\BlitzPlus\IDEal
File Name :Mod_File
Method Name :LoadWorkSpace
Error Description :Überlauf
Error Number :6
Error Line :10
Error Source :IDEal
OS Info :Windows XP Version:5.1 Build:2600
Files opened :0
(Überlauf = overflow)

No problem for me...but maybe a usefull hint for you :-))

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#89]
@Eurhythmy
Here's my "errorLog", don't know if it is any help

Thanks...yes, it's the same bug... it's solved for the next release.
Yes, exactly, ... sometimes you don't need to open the entire project to work in

Ok, I'll add an option to save absolutely all opened files on compile.

if a Local var inside a Function is called exactly as the Function, the IDE understand you are referring to the Function and not to the Local var, the same happens if you have a Global with the same name of the Function, don't know if this problem is easy to solve ... it doesn't look easy to me :)

You are right, there isn't an easy solution for this. But I think that at least I can make it to first check for variables when inside a function, because recursive functions are far less used in a scenario like this.

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#90]
@Jolly
Hey, I really need beta testers like you :)) I'll look into this, but it will take some time to create a project with 40 files :)
Ok, just joking, no bug should ever occur, even with 100 files opened.

I succeeded to reproduce the problem here... Workspace fails to load if there is more than 40-50 files in it.
Thanks for finding this one, it'll be solved for the next release.

Jolly(Posted 2007) [#91]
Allways here for you to help making a perfect program better :-))

matthew(Posted 2007) [#92]
This is a great IDE. You say that there are external tools. But I don't know what you mean by that. I have found the window under settings > External Tools but after I tried a test run using the Simple ToDo program I'm not sure how to run. Pardon me if this was explained in another post and I missed it.

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#93]
@matthew:

Here is a simple example. Let's say that you want to start Notepad as an external tool:

In the External Tools add a new tool and enter the following:
Tool's directory: C:\WINDOWS\system32
Command with parameters: notepad.exe
So, for a simple todo program, just enter the path and the program's name.
Then, you can run this external tool from the 'Run External tool' menu which is located under 'Compile' menu ( you can move this menu to some other location if you want )
I hope that explains enough... and cool signature, by the way :)

matthew(Posted 2007) [#94]
This helped a lot. But I thought that you would be able to open it within the IDEal window. You could try to add that(I'm not sure how hard that would be though.)

I found the bunny off of someone else's signature and decided to do what the bunny said.

I forgot to ask when the IDEal beta is going to be out

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#95]
This helped a lot. But I thought that you would be able to open it within the IDEal window.You could try to add that(I'm not sure how hard that would be though

Hmm, but these are External tools, i.e. tools outside of the IDE. I'm working on a to-do list which will be integrated into the IDEal.
I found the bunny off of someone else's signature and decided to do what the bunny said
LOL

And, if you mean the next beta, it should be out next week...

Bankie(Posted 2007) [#96]
I think I've found another bug - this time with the auto-indent. Copy-paste the following code to a new file and apply the indenting:

==========
If KeyDown(1) Then
angle = 45
Else
If KeyDown(2) Then
angle = 90
Else
If KeyDown(3) Then angle = 0 Else If KeyDown(4) Then angle = -90
End If
End If

========

The If -- else if --- line is not being indented properly, which throws out the remaining code to the end of the first IF.

Lagrange(Posted 2007) [#97]
Help! IDEal doesn`t work on my PC anymore. My computer crashed a few days ago and after that, i couldn´t start ideal anymore. clicking of the icon doesn`t have any effect. i checked all the pathes but they were ok. Then i uninstalled IDEal, deleted all remaining files, cleaned my registry with different tools, restartet the pc and installed it again: still didn`t work. i downloaded it again and it didn`t help. i haven`t got any idea what to do now, please help me, i can´t live without IDEal :(
sorry, but i can´t post any "errorLog"
hope someone can help me

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#98]
@Bankie: Thanks for pointing this out, I'll fix this for the next release.

@Lenin: I think that I know what is going on. There was one bug with preinstalling that I forgot to solve in 0.8.77.
Can you try to install 0.8.62 and tell me if it works. If not, I can e-mail you a new build that I'm sure that will work.
[EDIT] Here is an EXE that is actually 0.8.63 . This bug was previously reported by mindstorms and I made a 0.8.63 just to solve this bug, but after that I forgot to include the fix in 0.8.77:
http://www.fungamesfactory.com/download.php?get=IDEalTest.exe

Réno(Posted 2007) [#99]
To Trixx and Eurhythmy :

I've solved the "problem". It's not very explicit in the doc, but now I understand the thing and I haven't got errors in Ideal anymore.

Here is the example :

Type T00  ; this is TYPE
	Field T00v10v00%
End Type

;********************
;********************
;it's here I must declare the TYPE variable !!!
Global myvar.T00
Global myvar2.T00
;********************
;********************

Function GESTION00A()
	;Global myvar2.T00
	myvar.T00=New T00 ; This is Variable ( of type T00 )
	myvar\T00v10v00=Rand(0,9)
	Print myvar\T00v10v00
End Function

Function OBJET00A()
	;Local myvar2.T00
	For myvar2.T00=Each T00 
		myvar2\T00v10v00=(myvar2\T00v10v00+1)
		Print myvar2\T00v10v00
	Next
End Function

;Print T00\T00v10v00 ; If you put this line into your example, compiler will report an error

Repeat
	GESTION00A()
	OBJET00A()
	Print ""
	WaitKey
	Delete Each T00
Until KeyDown(1)

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#100]
@Réno
I've solved the "problem". It's not very explicit in the doc, but now I understand the thing and I haven't got errors in Ideal anymore

Great ! Nice to hear that strict mode did it's job :)

Lagrange(Posted 2007) [#101]
Works now again, thanks a lot, Trixx

MixailV(Posted 2007) [#102]
This is an excellent IDE! Best of the best! Thanks!
Small question - what edit and save source file in unicode (UTF-8) ?
This required for making multi-language programs (my new library will support unicode UTF-8).

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#103]
@Lenin: I'm going to release a new version next week, but if you want, email me and I'll make a special build for you so you can use 0.8.77.

@MixailV:
Thanks... Nice to hear that :)
Small question - what edit and save source file in unicode (UTF-8)

IDEal already supports default unicode encoding from windows, you just need to change the font to some font that supports unicode.
But full unicode support ( multi byte characters ) is not possible, simply because Blitz doesn't support it. Sorry.

MixailV(Posted 2007) [#104]
Trixx, see your forum

matthew(Posted 2007) [#105]
I have a suggestion, you should have a checkbox (or something) on Settings > Preferences > Compilers that lets you choose the Blitz website manual be the for your command reference or help files.

You might also want to have an IDEal helpfile for your website: http://www.fungamesfactory.com/

slenkar(Posted 2007) [#106]
can you remove the 'blitz popup window' with the external tools?

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#107]
I have a suggestion, you should have a checkbox (or something) on Settings > Preferences > Compilers that lets you choose the Blitz website manual be the for your command reference or help files

Interesting idea, will think about that.

can you remove the 'blitz popup window' with the external tools

I'm not sure what "popup window' you mean, but probably yes, if there is a tool that can do that.

popcade(Posted 2007) [#108]
Some report for unicode build(I'm a Japanese/Chinese user):

1.When I tried to type Japanese/Chinese in the code, the editor pops error, but it doen't exit, if such character exists, error will continuously popped, even I type Enter for a line break.

2.If I paste an existing string into editor, it won't pop error, but the last character will get chopped, when I reload the source, the last character was gone.

3.It works OK when load a existing source (eg. Code in EmEditor with UTF-8 encoding or so.)

QuickSilva(Posted 2007) [#109]
Just out of interest when do you think the final version will be released? No rush as it works great as it is, just curious.

Jason.

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#110]
@yoko
There is a new unicode build, can you try it ? I doubt that your problems are gone, but if you can help me, I'm willing to solve those issues.
The problem is that everything is ok with other unicode languages and I don't know what I need to install to have a Japanese/Chinese keyboard.
I tried adding it to the language bar, but it still produces only Latin chars. Anyway, please refer to the new thread.

@QuickSilva: The final version.. Hmm, probably 3-4 releases more, approximately 2 months, maybe more :)

@All: New release ( 0.8.87 ) is available. New thread is here: http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=68368