Soccer Cards V4.1 - Brand New *FREE* Soccer Game

Community Forums/Showcase/Soccer Cards V4.1 - Brand New *FREE* Soccer Game

Blitz Is Kool(Posted 2007) [#1]
Hi,

I have decided to release my soccer game free to all you totally amazing Blitz programmers.

Some of you may remember my three Amiga releases of this game - these are also included in the download.

I recently put together a new PC version which is much more exciting and far more competitive than any of its predecessors.

My game became an inspiration for several other Ami and PC freeware games, but what you have here are the whole set of four Soccer Cards varients from the original programmer.

My wish is for you to enjoy the game and simply appreciate its history.

Please visit this link to download your copy:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CIOY28J8

Thank you very much

Avon(Posted 2007) [#2]
Wow... I used to play Soccer Cards on the Amiga with my friend! I can't remember which of the 3 versions we played, but it was a lot of fun.

I'll be sure to download this tonight and have a go, I'm sure it'll bring back some pleasant memories. Thanks Blitz Is Kool.

puki(Posted 2007) [#3]
Do you have to have friends to play it?

I still remember the day I blankly looked at my parents when I unwrapped a chess set.

Blitz Is Kool(Posted 2007) [#4]
Hi Puki,

No, I designed the game to be played by 1-8 players.

I've always belived games should have a 1 player option.

System requirements require a 1024x768 screen size, other than that, it should run on all PCs, though it may slow down on older machines in some parts... a lot of calculations happening in some places.

Glided along on a 1ghz system.

The game has 2 editions built into the one package; Club Edition and Initernational Edition.

I'm hoping that people will come and enjoy the game, and I hope they will continue to share their thoughts in this thread, particualarly I looked forward to hearing stories of glory and defeat.

I have played 53 seasons thus far, but I have never reached the English domestic cup final ... my friends between them have got there 3 times, but not won the final.

I reached the English Championship division in about 7 seasons, and I've since bobbed about between the Premier and Champsionship division.

I once managed to reach the Champions League - that was really exciting, but after a great start I did not qualify for the final ... things went a bit pare shapped!

I must say, I was certain I was going to take Plymouth Argyle to the FA Cup Final ... but I had both my goals rulled offside, and I lost the match 1-0 :(

As for the International Edition - I just took England to the Semi Finals of the World Cup... best I've ever done in that edition.

Sure look forward to hearing from you guys soon

puki(Posted 2007) [#5]
But, the file is not there to download?

puki(Posted 2007) [#6]
Where's it gone? Where's it? Maybe it go? Maybe not there in first place? Maybe it like potatoes and gone to dig one up?

Blitz Is Kool(Posted 2007) [#7]
NOT THERE???!!!

I will have to look at this later on, but I spent 2 hours uploading the file yesterday to the site.

If it has *gone*, can someone post another free site I can upload and share the file with you all?

Many thanks

puki(Posted 2007) [#8]
It's come back again - potato too.

Blitz Is Kool(Posted 2007) [#9]
UPDATE: I have just sent an email via the Megaload Contact Us link. Hopefully they will have this up and running soon.

All I can say is *please* watch this space, and may I offer my apologise for the delay in making the game available to you.

This is the first ever time I have tried to upload on the Net and share a file.

Hopefully you will find the game worth waiting for.

puki(Posted 2007) [#10]
It is back - it was temporarily unavailable - coz it said so. However, normal service is resumed.

puki(Posted 2007) [#11]
The game cheats. I scored goals and the computer didn't award them to my goal tally. I even had a penalty which was a goal that did not change the score.

Sniff.

Avon(Posted 2007) [#12]
Puki, if you click a "goal" card, but then click an "offside" card, it means that the goal wasn't valid and it takes it away from you!

P.S. - Blitz is Kool - I got promoted in my first season, but got knocked out of the FA Cup in the first round. Then I had to stop playing and accidently quit instead of saving my progress. Doh! I'll start again tonight.

Blitz Is Kool(Posted 2007) [#13]
I am glad you are enjoying the game :)

I hope you have better success second time around, Avon.

What teams are you guys playing for?

Thanks again and do enjoy yourselves.

Avon(Posted 2007) [#14]
I hope you have better success second time around, Avon.
I started again last night... and finished in the bottom spot - so it was game over! Plus I got knocked out of the cup in the first round again. *sigh*

I am playing as Liverpool, since you ask. :) I'll have another go soon. I wish I had saved my first game!

Blitz Is Kool(Posted 2007) [#15]
I hope you will have better luck the the Liver Birds next time.

Have you tried the World Cup?

I must say thanks to you both for DL the game, it appears nobody else has :(

Depending on the response of this game, I was contemplating releasing a few other Blitz games I wrote.

Enjoy!

tonyg(Posted 2007) [#16]
Sorry BIK, I did download it. Very smartly done and did bring back memories of the Amiga game. I remember playing that one for ages but, sorry to say, this one just felt like clicking cards. Not sure what the difference is except 15 years or so.

Avon(Posted 2007) [#17]
At last - in my 7th season (!) I won promotion. Managed to get to a few FA Cup quarter finals as well.

Not tried the World Cup yet. I may do that when (if ?) I win the Premiership!

Blitz Is Kool(Posted 2007) [#18]
Tonyg - Thanks for your feedback, dude, and sorry if you're not overly impressed. The difference this time is that the game is a more complete all-in-one package, and it is far more competitive - for example, when you do reach the Premiership and win the title, there is something beyond that (Champions League/World Club), where as before there wasn't much else to do once you reached the top flight; the World cup is much tougher, too with qualification rounds. I personally felt it was a giant leap forward rather than a small hop as far as the updates go, plus I added a couple of new wildcards. Hopefully you will enjoy it more as you get into it :)

Thanks again for your feedback.

Blitz Is Kool(Posted 2007) [#19]
Avon - Glad to hear you finally got promoted to League One. Took a bit of effort for you third time around, hey!

During my testing period I took Peterborough up to the Premiership in consecutive years, then acciedently erased the game save with another one for a different team - which prompted me to add a the request prompt before proceeding to overwrite an old game.

I haven't had much success in the FA Cup; I get the odd burst into Round Two, and on rare occasions I have reached the Quarters, but not very often do I progress beyond that - I certainly haven't reached the final ... yet - and I programmed the thing!!!