Deal or No Deal?

Community Forums/Showcase/Deal or No Deal?

Eck(Posted 2007) [#1]

Blitzmax version of the UK tv game show "Deal or No Deal?"
Pc, Mac & Linux versions are included in the download.

http://www.parkproductions.btinternet.co.uk/

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2007) [#2]
What rights do you have to reproduce this game, music and graphics? I am interested commercially.

The Caffeine Kid(Posted 2007) [#3]
Non I would imagine, but he isn't interested commercially - it is a freeware hommage to the tv show.

Probably still naughty, but he isn't charging for it, so I have to commend the author.

GfK(Posted 2007) [#4]
Endemol might have something to say since they own the rights to the concept, and have their own DVD version of the game.

They could have you for damaging sales.

puki(Posted 2007) [#5]
I like his style.

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2007) [#6]
Well the fact is that without the rights to produce this game, free or not, the developers will be in deep shtum. Anyone remember what happend to the Geometry Wars clones?

BUT if he does have the rights then I'd like to have a chat with him.

Amon(Posted 2007) [#7]
Well, since the website is hosted on his free BT Internet webspace meaning he can't afford his own paid for hosting, I doubt very much that he had any permnission to make this game, or, could pay any fees for licensing.

Oh well! :)

SebHoll(Posted 2007) [#8]
Very nice game - I just had to download it once I've seen the title... I bought the official one, but I didn't like it very much, but this is brilliant.

Thanks

Grey Alien(Posted 2007) [#9]
better than the official version hey, cool!

Eck(Posted 2007) [#10]
Its our first game in BlitzMax, wanted an easy gametype to code - turned out to be difficult trying to code the Bankers Money Offer but learned alot about Max`s graphics drivers and Mac & Linux OS.

Has anyone played the Mac or Linux versions and has anybody won the "£250,000" top prize yet?

SillyPutty(Posted 2007) [#11]
Still have not answered the question ?

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2007) [#12]
This is nice and IMHO Eck should seek to gain permission, this is better than freeware and I know exactly who'd be happy to license this from you.

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2007) [#13]
When I try to run this on my mac, it says the application is damaged or incomplete, upon clicking on the mac icon. Cannot run it.

Avon(Posted 2007) [#14]
Great stuff... looking forward to trying this tonight with my wife. Thanks Eck!

Eck(Posted 2007) [#15]
Just a fan of the show, so all unofficial.

@ AngelDaniel
Retested the .zip again and all seems fine. Try downloading & unzipping the archive again, also the .app is compiled for Intel Mac`s.

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2007) [#16]
Oh now you tell me. When you specify that it's for OSX you have to say whether it is intel or ppc, remember ppc is much more widespread at the moment :-)

Avon(Posted 2007) [#17]
You can choose to believe this or not, but my first go I had the 1p in my box (No. 22), and didn't deal all though the game, so just got 1p. Doh. My last two boxes were 1p and £10,000.

Then my wife had her first go. Box number 14. She had the £250,000! But... she wimped out when it got down to 2 boxes. There was £75,000 and £250,000 left, and the banker offered £162,500, so she dealt. But she had the £250,000 on her first go - typical!

Very well presented and executed. I would just add an option to adjust the music volume.

EOF(Posted 2007) [#18]
Really nice and polished Eck. Thumbs up.

Geehawk(Posted 2007) [#19]
It is a nicely executed version of the game.

But I just don't understand how the nation has become so worked up and enthralled by a game of total chance.

The best thing about this version is you dont have to play it for an hour whilst a hyped up audience cheer & applaude your every guess whether its good or bad ;-)

GfK(Posted 2007) [#20]
/me chants "blue... blue... blue... blue... blue..." in the vain hope of influencing a bit of cardboard sellotaped to the inside of a box lid... :rolleyes:

spec-e(Posted 2007) [#21]

-Rick-(Posted 2007) [#22]
Thanks for an excellent playing game. Don't suppose there is any chance of seeing it in American Dollar amounts up to the Million dollars?

Grey Alien(Posted 2007) [#23]
Hey can I add this to my site (http://www.greyaliengames.com/) in the free games section? I'll link back to your site for downloads and more info.

Eck(Posted 2007) [#24]
@ Rick
Changing it to the full American version which has 26 cases and different Dollar amounts would need new graphics and alot of code changing...

@ Grey Alien
Yes, link away.

Grey Alien(Posted 2007) [#25]
Thanks man!