JBR(Posted 2007) [#1]

Click here!

KEYS
------
'A' = rotate left
'X' = rotate right
'Left Cursor' = fire
'Down Cursor' = thrust
'Right Cursor' = turbo thrust (in combo with thrust)
'Space' = smart bomb

On the menu screen
--------------------------
'Space' = restart from level 0
'Return' = restart from highest level completed

Left Bar is shield energy
Right Bar is Smart Bomb energy

The Right Bar is also affected by thursting etc.

Anyway have a go there are 5 levels.

Cheers
Jim

markcw(Posted 2007) [#2]
hi Jim, looks nice.

Um, some criticism. Keys layout is a little awkward. Left/right rotation is too slow, I couldn't spin around fast enough to shoot at the AI, and the fire button didn't kill anything anyway, so all I could do was run away until my smart bomb charged up again, which wasn't very exciting.

JBR(Posted 2007) [#3]
This is just the first levels....

As you progress your crafts increase rotation speed; maybe I should start it faster.

Don't understand the fire button not killing anything; are you seeing bullets ... it takes maybe a second of fire to kill a craft.

You have to be selective ... kill the most threatening crafts first & only run when you have to or panic and hit the smart bomb.

Thanks
Jim

JazzieB(Posted 2007) [#4]
Those ships look very familiar. Reminds me of an old Acorn Electron game called Starship Command (I think). Is your game based on this by any chance?

JBR(Posted 2007) [#5]
Yes, the game is inspired by Starship Command but I have added a few more baddies.

Jim
P.S. If you play the five levels you will see all of the enemy crafts. I just need to design better levels ... 32 in total.

puki(Posted 2007) [#6]
Interesting - however, the mixed graphic styles don't work for me.

I'd like to see a shot of it with the black on the ships alpha'd and lose the shadows - keep the white outlines, but alpha the black. Just out of interest. I just think the ships are a different graphic style to the background - I think the shadows may also highlight this.

JBR(Posted 2007) [#7]
You can toggle the shadows with the 'TAB' key.
Jim