Maggie the Gardener gameplay movie

Community Forums/Showcase/Maggie the Gardener gameplay movie

anawiki(Posted 2007) [#1]
Some of you may be familiar with Maggie the Gardener:
http://www.anawiki.com/game_mg.php

though we created gameplay movie for it and want to share it with you :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qRSeiABid0

Comments are very welcomed.

all the best
Roman

GfK(Posted 2007) [#2]
Looks OK although not my cup of tea.

Are you using that video for marketing etc? If so you might want to correct the spelling and grammar errors. A couple I spotted:

"6 beatifully themed backdrops" - Beautifully
"Create garden of your dreams" - Create the garden of your dreams
"Avalibale for PC: Windows and MacOSX" - Available

anawiki(Posted 2007) [#3]
Thanks for pointing out errors. The movie is for marketing, so we need to correct it pretty soon :)

Beaker(Posted 2007) [#4]
dwarfs=gnomes?

anawiki(Posted 2007) [#5]
To me dwarfs=gnomes - is there a difference in English culture?

GfK(Posted 2007) [#6]
I wondered about that myself but didn't mention it because I know sod-all about gardening. Coulda been some sort of plant for all I know.

We call them gnomes.

That aside, 'dwarfs' is normally used as a verb in English. I.e. "My beer collection is huge. It dwarfs yours" - to express that something else is relatively small etc.

Plural of dwarf is normally 'dwarves', although afaik 'dwarfs' is still acceptable, although much less common. :)

Murilo(Posted 2007) [#7]
Dwarf Conifers are trees that do no grow very tall. Gardeners often use them as dividers, or at least I think they do. That's about as much as I know, or care to know, about gardening. It's never been my thing...

I wonder if he's referring to dwarf conifers?

Grey Alien(Posted 2007) [#8]
Gnome is the correct term for the little painted men in gardens. Having a dwarf in your garden would be plain weird.

I'm planning on using Youtube for some game vids too soon. What did you use to record + edit please?

GfK(Posted 2007) [#9]
Having a dwarf in your garden would be plain weird.
Unless it was a gardener employed under the Equal Opportunities Act. :p

caff_(Posted 2007) [#10]

Garden Gnomes.

caff_(Posted 2007) [#11]
Oh the game - it look like garden 'painting' - could be fun for kids, but you can sort of do similar in The Sims.

anawiki(Posted 2007) [#12]
Yep, I was talking about gnomes, though straight translation from polish to english is dwarves and my poor english did the rest :D

We use Windows Movie Maker + SnagIt. Gameplay movies are generaly good for promoting games. I even sold some games as pre-orders based on gameplay movie.

cheers
Roman

Grey Alien(Posted 2007) [#13]
thanks for the info:

sold some games as pre-orders based on gameplay movie
Rune right?

IPete2(Posted 2007) [#14]
Roman,

Great work as usual - well done to you and your team. Your games really show what can be developed with a bit of thought and a focus on a niche market.

[ I agree with the comments about the marketing video - you must get the spelling correct if you are pushing educational work. ]

Great stuff!

IPete2.

anawiki(Posted 2007) [#15]
@Grey: right, that's why I decided to do gameplay movies for other games, though not expecting such a good results :D

take care
Roman

IPete2(Posted 2007) [#16]
Hey Roman,

Runes of Avalon is looking fantastic too! You guys are so productive!

http://www.runesofavalon.com/

IPete2.