ClickBeat - The Free Clicky Beaty game released!

Community Forums/Showcase/ClickBeat - The Free Clicky Beaty game released!

Aymes(Posted 2007) [#1]
We finally released ClickBeat Properly!

Clickbeat is a music/mouse based skill game...The idea is that you click on the cirlces which appear in time with the music. The whole game is scriptable so you can write your own scripts to any piece of music you like! (Full help files on script commands is included)

Here is the direct Download Link

Screenshots can be found here

Geehawk(Posted 2007) [#2]
Hmm. Something different! And I got an A !!

Seems very intuitive and should be fun for those that like this sort of thing.

Just a couple of observations though.

It seems odd at the end of the level to have to press Esc to return to the menu, especially when the game is touted as just mouse and left button.

If there is a X box to close window displayed I would expect it to work.

Other than that though its very nice to look at, and seems smooth.

Aymes(Posted 2007) [#3]
Thank you for the kind comments! :)

We shall definitly put something in at the end of the level like you suggest...

The X thing never even crossed my mind! Will have to sort that out also!

Warpy(Posted 2007) [#4]
Groovy! The music's ace, too.

Although... I just played the "waiting for a train" script and I couldn't see the white circles on the white background.

In fact, no, now I don't like it. For some reason in the next script I played there were two concurrent beats in the same place, so I couldn't see when to click the first one. It also seems the circles shrink at different rates, which makes them the opposite of helpful. The free-jazz soundtrack didn't help matters when trying to judge when to click.

Also: Elite Beat Agents worked on the DS because you use a stylus. It's a bit harder to follow these lines in time with a mouse.

Aymes(Posted 2007) [#5]
Glad you like the music :D - will pass that on to Steve who wrote most of it!

Yeah the waiting for a train script is the only one i made myself so its bound to have issues - will probably put a script command in to change the default colour of the timing circles!

Thanks for the comments!

Grey Alien(Posted 2007) [#6]
Look cool. Shame there is no title screen music or sounds when you click the menu items.

So the demo only has the tutorial music? It would be nice to have at a least a few other tunes in there...

I agree that the end of level needs an OK button. Also I recognise that font, I used it in easter bonus! :-)

Aymes(Posted 2007) [#7]
we did have sounds on the menu item clicks and such, but they were not good enough and we were getting itchy to release ^_^ WIll probably have them in over the next few days!

Same font eh? I had no idea honest! Steve picked it :P

We were thinking about a larger starting pack - but we kept it how it was just incase we had a million downloads...I guess we could add one of the smaller ones in there also :)

Thanks for the comments Mr Grey!

Grey Alien(Posted 2007) [#8]
you gotta have more tunes. I did the tutoiral and though, OK cool, now I'll have some fun and play the game, but there were no more tunes and I didn't feel like downloading any (=90% of customers!)

Aymes(Posted 2007) [#9]
Good point - will definitly add more tunes to the main setup once i get back!

Grey Alien(Posted 2007) [#10]
nice then I'll download again.

Murilo(Posted 2007) [#11]
This sounds like the music stage of "Happy Feet" on the Nintendo DS.

Aymes(Posted 2007) [#12]
blimey - not played that im afraid so couldnt comment ^_^

The game+3 scripts file is now available

Also you can download all the scripts in one setup very soon!

Grey Alien(Posted 2007) [#13]
downloading, I'll try later. Thanks for listening.

Grey Alien(Posted 2007) [#14]
Cool, I like it, great music too. Now all you've gotta do is "mainstream" this up and get some pop song licenses and sell to teenagers ;-)

Aymes(Posted 2007) [#15]
Yeah Its tricky because of the music licencing stuff. Otherwise we'd love to do that ^_^

We were thinking we could get some more attention by running some kind of sponsered compo - like win an ipod for the best script or something else like that.

DDR seem to have done ok for themselves over time...I guess Im not really sure of the direction we should go in now...

The Caffeine Kid(Posted 2007) [#16]
Pretty nice basic clone of a Nintendo DS game.

Aymes(Posted 2007) [#17]
thanks TCK :)

Its not a direct clone really, else I wouldnt have bothered with all the scripting stuff hehe

Its more a clone of DDR in its essence, if anything we've been mostly influenced graphically by "Elite beat agents" (I think thats the name, Ive only played the jp version) and gamplay by DDR

The Caffeine Kid(Posted 2007) [#18]
Oendan or something, the Japanese version is called I think, and it's a lot of fun. I hope you keep working on this "remake" ;) and that people make a lot of nice songs to go in it for you. :)

Aymes(Posted 2007) [#19]
Thanks matey! :) I hope people make some cool scripts for it - we want to play some we havnt made ourselves! :D

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2007) [#20]
hey cool!

I'm certain this wasn't a clone, Aymes has been working on it for ages, way before the DS game was heard of.. Bad timing.. but this still rocks :)