Blue Agent 69: My first game in Max

Community Forums/Showcase/Blue Agent 69: My first game in Max

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2007) [#1]
Blue Agent 69 is a remake of a game I made back in the Borland Pascal days.

Its still not totally finished, but I would like to hear others opions on the game. There still is some bugs I think.

Its a two player game, where the task is to get the heighest score. Information is in the game.

Download the first version here.

And a screenshot:

SpaceAce(Posted 2007) [#2]
WHOA... check out the demo at http://www.acemagicnumber.com If I had put my timer bar (also red) on the right instead of left, I'd be afraid of getting sued.

I'll give your game a shot when I wake up.

SpaceAce

GfK(Posted 2007) [#3]
I haven't downloaded it, but the colours are burning my eyes.

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2007) [#4]
SpaceAce: Its a remake of a DOS game I made 15-16 years ago.

GFK: I know, graphics is not my strongest side. Thats why I ask for others opions.

Reactor(Posted 2007) [#5]
"I haven't downloaded it, but the colours are burning my eyes."

LOL... very diplomatic. Tri|Ga|De, I agree with GfK. The colours are a bit... well, he said it best. Try matching colours on this site (designed for html, but it'll work).

www.colormatch.dk

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2007) [#6]
Reactor: As I said to GFK, graphics are not my strong site. But I'll give it a go and try to make the game looking okay.
B.t.w. great link, I sure can use this later.

The game is just practice for me so I can get better with MAX.

big10p(Posted 2007) [#7]
Well, it's not really a graphics problem - just colour. Bright red on blue never looks good. ;)

Grey Alien(Posted 2007) [#8]
Sorry haven't played it, got to agree with others, didn't feel like downloading due to graphics, and lots of numbers, sorry :-(

SpaceAce(Posted 2007) [#9]
Tri|Ga|De - I know the similarities are coincidence, they just jumped out at me. Blue background, cells with numbers in them, a red timer bar to the side of the board, menu/information items on the left... I am downloading your game right now and will let you know what I think. If you get a minute, please try out Magic Number. For some reason, I can't get any feedback from the people around here. Maybe it's the "numbers" that Grey Alien seems so afraid of.

Edit: OK, I gave the game a try. My first thought is that the game actually looks much better when playing than it does in the screenshots. You might still want to tone down the red a little. Also, color of the font on the instructions screen makes it a little hard to read.

The gameplay is interesting but not entirely clear. I can't determine any particular strategy to clearing the numbers, but I didn't have anyone to play against so that might have been part of the problem. I think the game is pretty neat, overall, and it's different from most other puzzle games I've tried.

SpaceAce

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2007) [#10]
SpaceAce: Thanks. I'll working on a less colorfull version.

Yeshu777(Posted 2007) [#11]
I have the original running on DosBox.

Used to love this game!

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2007) [#12]
A new version is up.
See first post for screenshot and download.

Yeshu777(Posted 2007) [#13]
Didn't it used to have robot type women in the background (DOS version)?

You actually wrote the version I've still been playing all these years?

Wow.

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2007) [#14]
No I did not, mine was a remake of another.
Maybe it was a remake of the one you have, I don't know.
I can't remember the name of the game, maybe it was an Amiga game.

Do you have screenshot of the game you been playing.

Yeshu777(Posted 2007) [#15]
Interested in the AI code.

Ever since I saw this game (used to work in a computer shop when I was younger - sold 3 copies of Blue Angel) I liked it.

Now, a few (lot) years on and a programmer for the amusement industry I think I can make this into an SWP (skill with prizes) game for bars and pubs for the UK.

Email me.

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2007) [#16]
Blue Angel, yes thats the name. Now I remeber.
How the hell did I come up with Agent???

Look in your inbox

Yeshu777(Posted 2007) [#17]
Ok, thanks for pointing that out.

The version I have is Blue Angel 69 - (freely available on the net - along with DosBox).

Yeshu777(Posted 2007) [#18]
Got your email. Replied.

Yeshu777(Posted 2007) [#19]
The playing area was also smaller on BA69.

Cracking game. Grommit.

I can do a screen shot tomorrow first thing, it's on my work PC in the office.

Yeshu777(Posted 2007) [#20]
Blue Angel 69:

http://members.chello.at/theodor.lauppert/games/angel_69.htm

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2007) [#21]
Any one else has comments on the new colors?