BattlePods, my first project

Community Forums/Showcase/BattlePods, my first project

Digital Anime(Posted 2007) [#1]
Not long ago I was reading tutorials and writing small applications to just test a few of the graphical features of BlitzMax The hardest part was to get the hang of object oriented programming until now, but I still have lot's of areas to conquer...

But here is something I put together and still have lot's of work on for it to finish. At this moment it's nothing more than a few rocks in space you can shoot on, but the challenge for me was to find new ways on how to play a 2d space shooter and I'm happy with my result until now.

I have uploaded an example for you guys to test compiled as .exe. I know the explosions are not that good looking at this moment but it will change in time. I'm thinking of creating a story based game and maybe a multiplayer option... Still need to learn a lot before I will finish this project, but I'm sure this forum will help me through the hard parts.

Here is the link to download
Download
Unpack into an empty folder and run BattlePods.exe
ESC to quit, mouse and cursor keys for movement, left button to fire

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2007) [#2]
Looking good so far. I'm still using Blitz3D, but the sooner or later I'll have to OO as well - we're all dOOmed!

Keep up the good work.

puki(Posted 2007) [#3]
This looks interesting.