Highway Encounter Remake

Community Forums/Showcase/Highway Encounter Remake

Uncle(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hello All,

Ive recently finished my second game in Blitz for the Retro Remake 2006 compo. Its a remake of the 8 bit classic Highway Encounter.

There is still a little more work to do (completing some of the game options etc), but it should be playable today.

You can download it for the link in my sig.

Cheers,

Unc

Blitzplotter(Posted 2007) [#2]
Very impressive, your gfx are eye candy, that takes me back..... Good luck with your compo !

Regards

degac(Posted 2007) [#3]
Great & hard!

WedgeBob(Posted 2007) [#4]
Whew, vertex highway roads at their best! Better than any Frogger game I've played...

Grey Alien(Posted 2007) [#5]
looks great, downloading now...What's it made in?

Uncle(Posted 2007) [#6]
Its made in Blitz 3D, and uses Spritecandy. The scrolling background tiles use native blitz drawimage command, and then I have overlayed them with Spritecandy sprites for everything else.

WedgeBob(Posted 2007) [#7]
Now THAT'S the type of game I was shooting for way back when. Man, being more ego than r & d doesn't do ANYTHING a BIT of justice, thanks for the spirit lift up, dude.

Grisu(Posted 2007) [#8]
Looks nice. Can you post the download link here when time comes?

Uncle(Posted 2007) [#9]
Hi Grisu,

The game is already available for download on my site (under the games section)

http://www.urbaninteractive.net

Cheers,

Unc

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2007) [#10]
Inspired - judging from the other remakes I played, this should have won the compo in my humble opinion. An excellent remake of a fun game. The GFX are brilliant... what did you draw them in??

Let us know when you get that final baddie type in.

Uncle(Posted 2007) [#11]
Thanks for the kind comments all.

The GFX are brilliant... what did you draw them in??

Let us know when you get that final baddie type in.

Graphics were made using photoshop, and yep your right there is one more baddie which Im working on. Should have him completed fairly soon.

Grey Alien(Posted 2007) [#12]
Yeah seems very nicely done. Regretably it's not my type of game, didn't enjoy rotating and moving forward/back, I'd have preffered plain old press joystick the way you want to go but I release that's not applicable here.