Chemical Imbalance - Free Full Version

Community Forums/Showcase/Chemical Imbalance - Free Full Version

fetcher(Posted 2006) [#1]
I've decided to release my project, Chemical Imbalance, as a free game to the Blitz community. I've spent close to a year developing this game in my spare time. This is the 1st project I was able to complete and it was a great learning experience. However, I don't feel it is up to the level of a commercial release.

Chemical imbalance is a puzzle game made in Blitz3d using the Sprite Candy library.

It is currently on a free host so I don't know how long it is going to stay available. If anyone is willing to host it, please feel free to grab the file and post a link in the thread.

Thanks to everyone who helped me out with advice, and/or testing the game.

Instructions on playing the game can be found here: http://fetcher.sitesled.com

The game can be downloaded here (for the time being):
http://upload2.net/page/download/8WARQqIdgkeekQR/Setup.exe.html

Have a great New Year.

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#2]
Very generous, looks a lot better than the first incarnation I saw a while ago.

Andy_A(Posted 2006) [#3]
Thanks!

Agree with Grey Alien that it looks much nicer.

I think the game could be a real winner if you were to create some really simple tutorials that everyone can complete. Allowing the user to get a feel for the game and build their confidence enough to venture to harder levels. The 0.01 version was just too hard to for my remaining 2 working neurons to figure out in 5 minutes, so I lost interest. Could just be me, but I'm sure others far smarter than me couldn't sustain enough momentum to stay interested in the game.

Fuller(Posted 2006) [#4]
Cool. I saw this in the gallery a while ago and thought it was cool. Downloading...

The r0nin(Posted 2006) [#5]
I had my GF hooked on this game until she got to level 12 on one board and, with no tiles lower than two on the whole board, the column number needed was a 9. As soon as she realized the board was unwinnable, it killed her enthusiasm. Otherwise, the game is really addictive!

Fuller(Posted 2006) [#6]
Yeah, It's a little to easy i think unti; level 7 or so.

WedgeBob(Posted 2006) [#7]
Right, I may give this game a little looking over. Looks a bit like Hexic from XBLA, should be cool. D/ling ASAP.

EDIT: Wait a minute... This reminds me of a game I used to play on an old TI-99/4A. Could be quite similar to something that I remember from those old days.