Watchaball 1.03 Released

Community Forums/Showcase/Watchaball 1.03 Released

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2006) [#1]
Boiled Sweets are proud announce the release of Watchaball 1.03!

What's new?
• Added 3 new balls, eyeballs, 2006 World Cup footballs and Christmas tree baubles.
• The option to select the down, inbound and drops themes was not working – fixed.
• The option to select a specific background was not working – fixed.

Watchaball is a truely mesmerising and watchable 3D screen saver!

Watching Watchaball whilst it constantly spews balls made of various materials onto platforms, spring boards, rotating paddles and other animated objects never becomes tiring especially as they all behave with totally accurate physics.

Bouncy balls bounce, metal balls skid and fall with a thud, even tennis balls become fun to watch as they collide with each other, everything around them and sometimes even explode in a burst of smoke and flame!
Watchaball is highly configurable and can even run in interactive mode! What are you waiting for? Start watching balls with Watchaball...

Grab it here http://www.boiledsweets.com/Watchaball/index.php

GfK(Posted 2006) [#2]
Looking at the screenshot - whats the point of having a screensaver where a large amount of the screen is still static (your desktop)?

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2006) [#3]
ITS AN OPTION! Lots of screen "savers"" allow this feature.

Lets not start the are screen savers worth it etc AGAIN!?!?!??!?!?!?!

big10p(Posted 2006) [#4]
Heh, calm down! :)

Gfk's point is valid: the point of a screensaver is to have no static imagery, so as not to burn an image onto the screen. Not like that's a big problem, anyways...

However, most 'screensavers' seem to be more about entertainment these days, so you're not alone.

A proper screensaver should just make the screen black. :)

Fuller(Posted 2006) [#5]
Oh, stop criticizin him. It looks great. Frankly I would prefer to see the desktop for a screensaver like this.

big10p(Posted 2006) [#6]
Sorry for having an oppinion. Jeez.

GfK(Posted 2006) [#7]
Oh, stop criticizin him
It was a point of view, not criticism.

Personally I'd prefer a screensaver to actually save my screen. Each to their own.

puki(Posted 2006) [#8]
I don't like the arrangement of the icons on the destktop and that 'text' one in the upper centre is just asking for a slap. The 'Skype' one is showing a certain cheekyness that I like.

The grass in the lower meadow clearly needs cutting.

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2006) [#9]
Get back on thread or go somewhere else.

The thread is not about the validity of screen savers.

;-)

big10p(Posted 2006) [#10]
Yeah, but...

Oh, nevermind. :p

puki(Posted 2006) [#11]
Can I have the code for this?

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2006) [#12]
No

puki(Posted 2006) [#13]
I think you should add another ball - a Christmas pudding ball. However, it was my idea.

Blitzplotter(Posted 2006) [#14]
Looks great... could you add a rugby ball?

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2006) [#15]
It uses the Tokamak physics library which only has support for spheres, cubes and cylinders I'm afraid :-(

Fuller(Posted 2006) [#16]
[I have returned after post restored balance]

Nice looking, I would probably buy but I'm short of spare cash.(Merry Christmas too you too)