www.tarsusempire.co.uk

Community Forums/Showcase/www.tarsusempire.co.uk

Battle Tanks(Posted 2006) [#1]
"It's a free online multiplayer space game using Blitz, PHP and MySQL!"

Hi there, we're the creators of this game which is shown on the home page under community news. We're just wondering if you've tried it, and what you think if have?

We're just getting started and its great to hear any feeback :)

thanks

Battle Tanks(Posted 2006) [#2]
Some in game pic's

http://www.tarsusempire.co.uk

Why0Why(Posted 2006) [#3]
I looked at the page. Perhaps a bit more info would encourage more people to sign up. It does look interesting from what i can see.

GfK(Posted 2006) [#4]
^^ What he said. From the shots above it looks 99% text-based. Didn't make me want to investigate further.

We're just if you've tried it, what you think if have?
Huh?

Jsoren(Posted 2006) [#5]
its a pretty nice game. slow moving, but kinda addictive. alittle more in the way of graphics would go a long way imo ^_^

JS

Battle Tanks(Posted 2006) [#6]
Hi there,

Sorry GfK for the missing words, i'd had a long day! :)

Its not really text based, there is a graphical large map on the left that you scroll around (kind of like google maps as it uses ajax etc). You have to build ships and send them out to other planets and battle with other ships in order to take over planets. You get credits from each planet you own which means you can build bigger and better ships faster.

That said, we're really just starting out and its been far more successfull that we though it would be at this stage! Just in the past 3 days we've had over 100 people register.

We're very open to comments and suggestions and would love to hear anything usefull.

Like Jsoren said, it can be slow because we dont want people to conquer the galaxy in a day, but it to be more of a long term goal sort of thing. In anycase we're trying to refine it so people dont get put off by this- maybe we should give more moves per day...

Buggy(Posted 2006) [#7]
It's okay. I posted suggestions on the forums.

Also, fix that grammar! "It is a glorious day for our Empire. We have totally destroyed the enemy fleet.

Also, what did you use Blitz for?

Battle Tanks(Posted 2006) [#8]
Your right, we keep spotting things like that... it doesnt help that one of us is dyslexic :)

We used blitz to generate all the planet images, and the original concept. As it was originally going to be a networked game in blitz. We got quite far and then realised much of what we had done could be adapted for the web, which could potentially reach a bigger market. So thats what we decided to do :) We are thinking of making calls to blitz behind the scences to create some 3d snapshot image of the fleets that people create. Do you think that would add much to the game?

Jsoren(Posted 2006) [#9]
almost anything graphics wise would go a long way in the game imo :-)

Battle Tanks(Posted 2006) [#10]
Im sure it would help to have more graphics. Though at the same time we have to be careful as its an online browser based game, we want to make it as fast as possible.

We're been continually trying to improve performance and its currently very fast. But every now and then we hit a query that starts slowing things down, like the other day the league table started to slow cos people were creating 1000's of ships in each fleet. But we soon re-wrote it to accommodate. :)

Battle Tanks(Posted 2007) [#11]
Well we've been adding plenty to the game, and things are still going well.. Getting on for 300 registered users now, which isn't bad for just under a month!

Has anyone else tried the game?

Battle Tanks(Posted 2007) [#12]
Thank you for your suggestions

We have been busy adding more images to the game and re-styling things etc. you are welcome to take a look