Arckanox - next to finished project - VidéoTrailer

Community Forums/Showcase/Arckanox - next to finished project - VidéoTrailer

Ecto(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hi Folks :)

I'm a french speaking coder and it's the firts time I post here. (sorry for my english...)
I've been working for two years on an action-RPG game named Arckanox.

I released the 4th trailer this morning on my website and thought it could be a good idea to show it to the english-speaking community.

What is Arckanox like? Well mix Zelda, tomb raider, prince of persia and splinter cell and you will have an idea...

or just watch the all new trailer here ;)

http://www.arckanox.com

(if you dont understand french : just click on "Quatrième Trailer Arckanox" in the last news... or try here : http://isds.oli255.wistee-heb.fr/arckanox_video4.avi but please have a look to the web site.)

I'm sorry there is no english translation now, but I'll do it as soons as I have a little time... ^-^'

Mikele(Posted 2006) [#2]
It looks very good!

fredborg(Posted 2006) [#3]
It looks like a lot of fun!

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#4]
Looks definitely very interesting :-)

Apollonius(Posted 2006) [#5]
I have to say I'm really impressed by what you achieved. It looks like a game I'd actually play.

---

Ouin, c'est impressionant. J'aime bien ton video. C'est le genre de jeu que je jourais. Bravo en tout ka.

Réno(Posted 2006) [#6]
Salut l'ami !

Je ne suis pas pour la 3D, mais ça a l'air plutôt sympa graphiquement ;)

Juste une chose, tes personnages sont sacrément raides ! Essaye de travailler un peu plus leurs souplesses. Tu peux en plus te permettre un peu de fantaisie puisque le graphisme est plutôt orienté "manga".

Bon courage pour la suite !

puki(Posted 2006) [#7]
Hand this over - I just want the full source code and all media - you can keep the rest.

Anyone care to translate that to French for me?

SoggyP(Posted 2006) [#8]
Hello.

@Puki:
Donnez moi le plein code source et tous médias - vous peut garder le repos. Aussi, J'attends mon nouvel ordinateur superbe.

Goodbye.

Moraldi(Posted 2006) [#9]
My Windows Media Player 11 plays only music. I can't see any video. Any help?

Réno(Posted 2006) [#10]

Better like this :

[Juste une chose - Donne moi juste le code source complet et tous les médias, tu peux garder le reste.]

;)

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#11]
moraldi: as mentioned on the page you need XVid ... and the vid is really small for beeing 50MB large (320x240 or similar. its like game boy on my 1680x1050 ...)

Moraldi(Posted 2006) [#12]
Thanks Dreamora...

Réno(Posted 2006) [#13]
use "VLC media player", a GREAT soft !

Moraldi(Posted 2006) [#14]
Very impressive! Is this pure Blitz3D?

Ecto(Posted 2006) [#15]
Thanks Everybody!

Don't worry, I understand english very well ;)
(but thanks for the translation effort ^-^ (Réno, your french is excellent!))

I agree that the animations could be smoother. I'm not really good at animating. Actually, I try to have the game finished and then I will correct all these little problems.

For now, i'm working alone. This is an introduction to the "Arckanox Universe". A bigger game is planned for later where it will be possible to play with Shad (the ninja you see in the video) and Hikari (the girl you see at the beginning). With a bigger scenario, bigger world etc.
But a little community has allready emmerged :) (I even received Fan'Arts! cool!)

Yeah, you need the xvid codec to view this video... or use VLC.

sorry if the video encoding isn't as good as it could be, it's the first time I use the Xvid format and I didn't want to spend time documenting on the best way to encode the video.

Yes, this is pure Blitz3D. (and the indoor maps are made with the good old little Maplet ;) )

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#16]
Wow yeah, this looks pretty good and with lots of gameplay elements - kind of like Zelda and Tomb Raider.

RepeatUntil(Posted 2006) [#17]
I am looking forward to play this game! Excellent!

Ross C(Posted 2006) [#18]
Whoa, very good achievment thus far man! Congratulations! Really, i applaud you. I hope to get something like this done. It's alot of work, so many kudo's for you!

caff_(Posted 2006) [#19]
Yes looks like Prince of Persia in some ways :)

Looks nice, hopefully the game will be fun and challenging too.

I recognise the music on the video - from a film I think?

Ecto(Posted 2006) [#20]

Actually I didn't really know where was the music from (I took it from an AMV ^-^' ). After some research it seems it is "Clint Mansell - Requiem for a dream remi". And some friends of mine said it had been used in the master of the rings.

I do love Prince of persia :)

cyberyoyo(Posted 2006) [#21]
very nice vid, my only problem is that the characters seem to move a bit too slowly (maybe you could speed them up) , and you could add some underwater effects because it's not very clear when you are underwater (looks like a normal level with just blue walls), maybe add some fog.
And the monsters don't seem to react a lot lol :)

If you want to become more serious with this, you should get rid of all the pokemon stuff on your website or you will have problems with nintendo.

PS:certains artworks de fans sont superbes, si tu désire vendre le jeu tu pourrais peut-etre leur acheter quelques screens d'intro ou backgrounds pour agrémenter le jeu.

Bonne chance

Réno(Posted 2006) [#22]
artworks
screens
backgrounds

Ha bon, un peu de Franglais maintenant...

Je charie un peu, mais j'aime pas les anglissismes :|

;)

Ecto(Posted 2006) [#23]
Speedup the characters : talking about the NPCs ? Yeah maybe.

Underwater effects : actually there is a bloom effet and a distortion of the view (by simply scaling the camera) but it's true that it isn't very visible in the video, adding fog seems a good option.

For the monsters, some of them are slow (the fire-golems for example, those you see most in the trailer) some of them are not :) (the flying ones are quiet hard to beat especially when in group) and even if the fire golems are slow, you have to move fast to beat them as they have to ability to block fury attacks. (or you can snek in their back and kill them with a stealth dagger hit)

For the "pokemon stuffs" these are really old and I'm no more implied in it, I was 15 when I did these but as peoples keep enjoying it, I keep offering it. No problem about nintendo, they don't care if it isn't commercial. (I know others big projets using nintendo characters without problems, like this one www.koruldia.com )

I don't plan to sell my game. I want it to be a community game, allowing fans to add content to the Arckanox universe.
It has already started, as the little flying animal called Suano was drawn by a 14 year old girl!

Thanks for the comments!

angel martinez(Posted 2006) [#24]
Very good project,I hope you to release it soon.

http://freehunter.iespana.es/