T'is the season for cheesy screensavers...

Community Forums/Showcase/T'is the season for cheesy screensavers...

Yan(Posted 2006) [#1]
...Tra la la la laaa la la la laaa...etc...

What more could you ask for at this festive time than lots of christmasy images bouncing around your screen?...

Xmas 2006 setup ~(670KB)

Feel free to pass this around and spread the warm fuzzy feeling it's guaranteed to induce within all who gaze upon it's wondrous...err...screen saver...ness.

[edit]
Now with new improved pud...

I've come to the conclusion that I'm genetically incapable of drawing a decent christmas pudding. ;o/
[/edit]

JoeRetro(Posted 2006) [#2]
Cute!

Works fine on my system.

Your link doesn't work though...It should be

http://freespace.virgin.net/yan.bloke1/storage/Xmas2006Setup.exe

Fuller(Posted 2006) [#3]
You can set the amount of objects to a pretty high number... My computer bogs at 300 so.

rdodson41(Posted 2006) [#4]
what are those brown things, potatoes?

iamdaman13(Posted 2006) [#5]
After 300 it looks too cluttered anyways. I'm thinking of making a fish tank ss now.

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#6]
Cool. Your pudding looks mutoid. Hey you have remarkably similar shapes to my game ;-)

What more could you ask for at this festive time than lots of christmasy images bouncing around your screen?...
Well, you could ask for Holiday Bonus! Beta due tomorrow and it containts lots of christmas wallpapers too :-) ah.

Yan(Posted 2006) [#7]
JoeRetro - Bugger, could of sworn I checked it, fixed now. Cheers for the proxy link and glad you like it. :o)

Rich d - Yep, it's the traditional christmas spud, not quite as tasty as the easter turnip.

Grey Alien - There are only so many things you can associate with crimbo, ya know. Besides, you haven't got the obligatory cute teddy. So, nah. ;o)

Fuller & iamdaman - How are you managing to set 300+ images, it should be limited to 200?

About that christmas tatty...I mean pud. It, along with the present, are part of the original set of graphics I knocked up for this (in a much looser style), but I decided that I really should spend more than five minutes on them all so drew a new set. I was hoping, in my perpetual state of laziness, that I'd get away with the pudding. ;o)

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#8]
You haven't got a cute teady either!

SoggyP(Posted 2006) [#9]
Hello.

He has, and I've got the photo's of him wearing it to prove it.

Goodbye.

Yan(Posted 2006) [#10]
SoggyP - I thought we'd agreed never to speak of that again.

GA - It's behind you...

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#11]
Actually there is a teddy in the shop window on level 9 of HB but IPete2 changed the eyes because we both agreed it was freaky, kinda Chuckie's teddy type thing, scary! :-O

Yan(Posted 2006) [#12]
For anyone that's interested, I've recompiled with 1.24 so it should be more stable when power saving is used. I've also changed the last of the old graphics...

Xmas 2006 setup ~(670KB) <- same link as fist post for convenience