Part Deux : In Dev.

Community Forums/Showcase/Part Deux : In Dev.

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2006) [#1]
I had a dream... I would take my flocking algos and make a side shooter with non-repeating attack waves. I started work on this about an hour ago - I might even finish it today.

The attack wave code is finished and here is a small demo : http://www.360shooters.com/part_two_dev/part_two.zip (Updated 512KB)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EnP4nEA6FQ

Warpy(Posted 2006) [#2]
Cool.

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2006) [#3]
`Use the mouse button to launch a new wave` ... how? I seem only to be able to deal with one wave at a time until its conclusion?

Otherwise pretty interesting

Warpy(Posted 2006) [#4]
by the way, indiepath - is there any way you could make the pjio badges show any games that user's made, maybe at the expense of a couple of the games-played pictures? I think that would be cool.

Geehawk(Posted 2006) [#5]
Is it intentional for the players shots to move at different speeds?

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2006) [#6]
by the way, indiepath - is there any way you could make the pjio badges show any games that user's made, maybe at the expense of a couple of the games-played pictures? I think that would be cool.

If you are a dev then I could show your own games I suppose, at least the ones you uploaded :)

Is it intentional for the players shots to move at different speeds?
Everything is intentional

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2006) [#7]
No Time today, will have to find another day to finish it.

CodeOrc(Posted 2006) [#8]
very cool Indiepath.

can you just add sound and score? My kids are playing the crap out of this.

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2006) [#9]
can you just add sound and score? My kids are playing the crap out of this.

Should have it all wrapped up on Monday evening. Nice to see your kids like it :)

skn3(Posted 2006) [#10]
The rotating starfield is a nice touch. Good job on the pijo card btw, shorter fatter version is much better.

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2006) [#11]
Ok I added some SFX, a single music track and 4 types of attacking ships. I should be able to complete the coding and wrapping with another 3-4 hours work. So far I've spent about 3 hours actually doing stuff, the rest of the time I've be playing with it (ooeer) :)

Maybe I release on Monday night?

Murilo(Posted 2006) [#12]
This latest release doesn't work on my PC. I get a black screen and then it drops to the desktop. The older build worked just fine though...

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2006) [#13]
ah crap I did not include the required dll. Uploading now, please give it 5 mins to replicate.

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2006) [#14]
Added video

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2006) [#15]
Managed a small update today.

Geehawk(Posted 2006) [#16]
Difficulty needs tweeking a bit more I think.

It just goes on and on and on and on. I got bored before I lost a life.

Release looked like it was close at one point when my shields dropped to 6% ...... then the next time I look its at 17%, 26%, 35% ... so I escaped out.

And the music. I couldn't listen to that any longer.

Its all very slick but for me just no fun without some variation.

Will part 3 have attack waves that are based on a musical algorithm, so the player can play their own music and get unique levels based on the sounds ;-)

A sort of "space ballet massacre" lol