Legends of Idhuriel (PC)

Community Forums/Showcase/Legends of Idhuriel (PC)

L_Draven(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hi friends, i have created this theme for post news about this project that i am making for PC and GP2X. (PC version is made in Blitz3D of course ;-)).

I have uploaded to my blog a Flythrough video with a piece of Aldhreyl map. The game is W.I.P of course and not is finished.

I hope you like it.

BLOG URL:

http://ldravenblog.blogspot.com

When i have more news i uploaded it here and to the blog of course ;-).

Thanks friends
Greetings

Tyler(Posted 2006) [#2]
Looks pretty good, L_Draven! :) Keep up the good work, and hope to see more on this as it comes along.

Also, I thought it was "Abashed the devil stood, and felt how awful goodness is." ? No matter, I knew exactly where it was from before I got to the end of the sentence :P

IPete2(Posted 2006) [#3]
NIce,

I wanna see more please. Can you show us close ups of the buildings and any characters?

IPete2.

caff_(Posted 2006) [#4]
That does look nice.

Moraldi(Posted 2006) [#5]
Great music!

puki(Posted 2006) [#6]
Yes, this is very exciting - archive up the project (code and media) and email it across to me.

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#7]
looks and sounds great, look forward to seeing it finished.

L_Draven(Posted 2006) [#8]
Thanks friends for your post :-).

IPete2: The main character:

Thanks again.

Greetings

Fuller(Posted 2006) [#9]
Reminds me of the Fable main Character just as he gets out of the guild

OrcSlayer(Posted 2006) [#10]
So you're doing a 2D and 3D version of the project? Looking cool, could be a very good 3D RPG if you keep the gameplay quality up there.

b32(Posted 2006) [#11]
It looks very nice!

L_Draven(Posted 2006) [#12]
Hi again friends.

I have added two new screens to my Blog.

I am testing load character with animations and items for asign it.

I must scale down some plants because i have seen that they are a little big :-)

I hope that like you.

Greetings.

Neuro(Posted 2006) [#13]
Very nice visuals!

OJay(Posted 2006) [#14]
lovely :)

puki(Posted 2006) [#15]
This really does need handing over to me. I'll cut you a deal - you can keep the code and I'll just have the media.

Right, that's that sorted - I'll check my email tomorrow.

OrcSlayer(Posted 2006) [#16]
I see you have a fairly high poly character in there...how is the animation working out? If you're using .b3d format, I can see you getting bogged down really fast with a few NPC's on screen. Unless you're using a different animation system maybe?

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2006) [#17]
Looks very nice and currently #1 highest rated screen shot!

Zmatrix(Posted 2006) [#18]
I dont think its all that high poly...look at the first picture...the Edges are quite visible. around 2500?
Its just really well textured as with all of L_Draven's models.

Good stuff.

Sam

L_Draven(Posted 2006) [#19]
Hi friends.

Zmatrix, You have a good eye, the model of the images has about 2330 polys, but yesterday I worked about it and now i have a human male base model for the characters with about 1600 polys :-). Almost with the same visual quality :-).

Then you must add the items like weapons, belts, helmets, etc.., but it depends of you in the game :-).

For animations i used b3d format.

Greetings.

OrcSlayer(Posted 2006) [#20]
Ouch...with B3D animation...and the potential surface count that will arise from having multiple items (belts, weapons, helmets, etc) on the character, you better have a good plan for keeping the framerate up.

This kind of stuff always haunts me when I work on my project...half the work is figuring out how to get around the limitations...

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#21]
I totally agree. Most consumers have no idea what troubles we have to fight all the time.

L_Draven - congrats, great work. I especially like the green to blue horizon effect, very natural and fresh.

Hope you don't mind one thing that I'd critize are the limbs of the trees. some of them are looking kind of rotated randomly to some degree. For limbs no flat quads should be used, but bended ones, or bended 4-tris rhombes.

ckob(Posted 2006) [#22]
is this the same game you were working on before?
http://www.blitzbasic.com/gallery/view_pic.php?id=183&gallery=&page=41

The buildings and the character look alot like the one you posted before thats why I ask. Anyways good job I love the overall look.

L_Draven(Posted 2006) [#23]
Hi again friends!!

These days I have been very busy and i have short free time.

This is a new model (World Warcraft style) that i modeled and textured yesterday in a while for "Legends of Idhuriel".
Its a vendor cart. (I will make some variations in the fabric and roof color for different carts).

I hope that like you.

When i have more information i will post it here.

Greetings!!.

puki(Posted 2006) [#24]
Hi again friends!!

There is only one of me. I checked my email (again) - no full source and media in there.

I am your only friend.

IPete2(Posted 2006) [#25]
L_Draven,

Sorry not to reply - I have been busy with Mr. Grey Alien now that's all sorted I can take a moment to llok at the forums.

Well - this is really coming on, it is amazing how wonderful it looks in real time, it just goes to prove that its all in the textures and models...

Your main character is as good as any in game character I have witnessed in an RPG like Fable or others... you should be quietly proud of your work.

Can't wait to see this in real-time for myself, so please keep us posted.

Best regards,

IPete2.

big10p(Posted 2006) [#26]
I gave this a 5 in the gallery - a rare occurrence for me to even vote there. Very nice work, indeed!

L_Draven(Posted 2006) [#27]
Hi again friends!!.

IPete2 dont worry, i am very busy too :-). Thanks a million for your words about my work, this encourage me to continues with it :-). Thanks friend.

Big10p thanks for your vote and for your words too.

Greetings

L_Draven(Posted 2006) [#28]
Greetings friends!!!

I have uploaded a screeshot of the vendor cart inside the engine with other objects and level.

I hope you like it.

big10p(Posted 2006) [#29]
Great work. I think the lantern needs a little work, though. :)

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#30]
Looks great, also agree with Big10p.

Sweenie(Posted 2006) [#31]
That is some professional game art. Excellent!

Terry B.(Posted 2007) [#32]
Wow this looks nice. Just out of interest, how many triangles on average is rendered?

MadJack(Posted 2007) [#33]
Why do RPG game worlds always have to be in the fantasy medieval style?

And why are computer game heroes always twenty-something males with enormous swords?

Aren't we all just a little tired of this now?

puki(Posted 2007) [#34]
Nope, I can't get enough. However, I do enjoy the sci-fi ones.

Foppy(Posted 2007) [#35]
Great graphics!

And why are computer game heroes always twenty-something males with enormous swords?
Or twenty-something females with enormous.. enormous.. swords.

clownhunter(Posted 2007) [#36]
Why do RPG game worlds always have to be in the fantasy medieval style?

http://www.anarchy-online.com/ Well it's actually an MMORPG.

MadJack(Posted 2007) [#37]
'Or twenty-something females with enormous.. enormous.. swords. '

Same thing essentially.

I just wish game producers would be a little more imaginative than recycling Tolkein ad-nauseum.

Having said that, Idhuriel looks ace and am looking forward to seeing final version/demo ;-)

L_Draven(Posted 2007) [#38]
"Why do RPG game worlds always have to be in the fantasy medieval style?"

"And why are computer game heroes always twenty-something males with enormous swords? "

Madjack, the answer is simple: because the medieval fantasy theme like me a lot :-).

Thanks friends for the posts.

About the triangles,i am remodeling the level, when i finish it i post the trinagle count.

Greetings friends

SpaceAce(Posted 2007) [#39]
Why is there always one guy who has to come piss on a great-looking project full of awesome potential by posing whiny off-topic questions?

Because that's the way it is, that's why.

L_Draven, this looks awesome and I can't wait to see the project progress. Keep us updated!

SpaceAce

LarsG(Posted 2007) [#40]
oooh.. there's definately some talent behind this one.. :)
I hope you stick with it, L_Draven.. :)

puki(Posted 2007) [#41]
I think he should quit and hand it all over to me.

MadJack(Posted 2007) [#42]
'Why is there always one guy who has to come piss on a great-looking project full of awesome potential by posing whiny off-topic questions?'

It's called criticism. Deal with it.

Stevie G(Posted 2007) [#43]
Looks fantastic L_Daven - very pro looking!!

I would ignore Madjack, his criticism seems to be more directed towards the genre rather than this project.

Stevie