Retro 80's

Community Forums/Showcase/Retro 80's

JoeRetro(Posted 2006) [#1]
It was a memorable decade and one that I miss. So, I thought I would create a simple screensaver that plays some of those classic tunes as well as display some of my limited artistic ability. Ahhh, refreshing...

I am curious to know how well (or not) it plays on your pc.

Thanks and Enjoy!

Download 80's Retro Screensaver

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#2]
nice. It would be cool if the shapes changed occasionally as they were the same all the way through one song and into the next. When I exited and went back in, each time it was a different shape. Also when the second song started I'd like it if it popped up with the same thing at the start and told me what song it is.

So are you streaming this lot?

The Paul Young song has a few clicks/pops on it...

Anyway cool, very vice city :-) (well a little bit anyway)

JoeRetro(Posted 2006) [#3]
The shapes are randomly selected at the start of every song. At one time I had the shapes change every 30 seconds and it looked good. Maybe I should change it back?

You should see the pop-up title change on every new song. Sometimes this information will display 20 seconds into the song, but it will appear.

I'm streaming the music from www.shoutcast.com using bass. Nice site for all those that love music.

Thanks Grey for your input...much appreciated!

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#4]
maybe the same shape was randomly selected twice in a row then as I didn't see it change, nor the pop up (maybe I didn't wait 20 secs as I'm not into Paul Young ;-)

Dustin(Posted 2006) [#5]
I feel an urge to feather my hair, put on my member's only jacket and go watch some 'Charles in Charge'. Oh, that Buddy. What a chracter.

Nice little program! I'd like to see the objects change more frequently.

JoeRetro(Posted 2006) [#6]
ah, the good ol days, eh Dustin :)

There's a new build on the server that rotates the objects more frequently.

Enjoy!