Age of Dreams

Community Forums/Showcase/Age of Dreams

Xilvan(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hi again,

I'm currenly making worlds for Lights of Dreams...

Here is the website of the game:

http://site.voila.fr/ageofdreams/

Xilvan(Posted 2007) [#2]
The game is now featuring 24 worlds and 5 characters...

I'm currently making up Age of dreams 2 namely Lights of Dreams...

If you have any questions about the gameplay post here...

Chad(Posted 2007) [#3]
I've tried playing for about an hour now and just can't seem to grasp the game.. I can't sem to figure out how to find the balls or whatever. Maybe in the first world you should have someone help guide your or something to get the player to know how and what to do.

Pretty good game, I like the feel, just need help trying to figure out what I'm doing. Also, I got a memory access violation when I pressed escape twice.

Xilvan(Posted 2007) [#4]
In the first level of the game, you must get the wings and the lamp... At the beguining you have the teleport triangle... go to the Eifel like tower at the north east(press E for map) This is the path for the second world...

In the second world there is keys and a temple where you will find some boost... After that you will be able to travel all the city of Altara by using the same kind of tower you used to travel between worlds...

You can also access the menu by pressing [L] Talk with [M] Use teleporting with [V] attack with [F] and jump with [space].... For more info press [Y] -> this is the old help function (we need to refresh it cause theres was many changes before)... here's the changes:
-WASD or Cursor Keys to move
-F to attack
-M and H to talk
-Left Mouse to attack
-Right Mouse to look around
-Middle mouse to Item menu
-etc...

If you have any question post on this official subject...

firstborn(Posted 2007) [#5]
nice to see something finished!

Zethrax(Posted 2007) [#6]
A few points:-

The story intro text didn't fit inside its window. It looked like the font size was larger than it was intended to be. This was at 800, 600 graphics resolution.

Character movement speed was too fast, particularly when running.

Night/day transitions were too abrupt. Personally I found the transitions annoying in general, but then I'm not a fan of night time transitions unless they have some relevance to game play.

I tried talking to one npc and the game froze up with no apparent way to exit the talk mode. Left and right clicking brought up a display in the top-left corner of the screen and another one with some text in the top center with the pointer intermittently visible, but none of the keys produced a response. It seemed like the game was stuck in a loop.

It wasn't clear enough what could and couldn't be interacted with, and what sort of interaction modes were available for interactive items. Some sort of visual indicator that is activated when the mouse pointer is over an item would make it more obvious. The way 'World of Warcaft' does it (by highlighting a mouseovered item and changing the mouse pointer image to indicate the interaction mode) is one example.

Xilvan(Posted 2007) [#7]
u must press M to exit message mode

Zethrax(Posted 2007) [#8]
M doesn't work. It turns talk mode on but not off. I found that the H key toggles it on and off.

Also when I talked to the chief of the city near the start area, part of the english language text was off screen. Looked like it was meant to wrap but didn't.

I got a memory access violation error when I tried talking to the potions dealer with the M key. I couldn't reproduce the error later, though.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2007) [#9]
Although it may still needs some debugging in the interface, as well as a user guide, it's looking better and better each time.

Zethrax(Posted 2007) [#10]
Well it's better than any of my efforts, that's for certain. It will be interesting to see how the game progresses.

Xilvan(Posted 2007) [#11]
Heres the images
================

Heres the video(24Mo)
====================
http://site.voila.fr/ageofdreams/Trailer.avi

IKG(Posted 2007) [#12]
Looks much better than the old screens.

Xilvan(Posted 2007) [#13]
The characters looks better now... Only the NPCs remain !!!

Ross C(Posted 2007) [#14]
I've played this a couple of times :o) Not bad, and nice to see it complete. But you should listen and implement the points people have raised in this discussion :o) Good luck.

Buggy(Posted 2007) [#15]
I sent you an email about this once:

Looks very nice, but what the @#%$ is that sword used for? I suggest you upload some battle screenshots if you have any. Although I haven't played it, so it may be that the sword has some other use...

I also suggest a good translator.

Xilvan(Posted 2007) [#16]
The sword is used to attack ennemies from the temples and the second stage...

Xilvan(Posted 2007) [#17]
http://www.sendspace.com/file/aagxoq

stayne(Posted 2007) [#18]
Needs grass.

GfK(Posted 2007) [#19]
I just don't like the look of it. The character models, buildings and terrain just don't gel together.

In every single screenshot I've seen, why is every character standing to attention?

I'm assuming the link above is a demo. The screenshots put me right off. I don't even want to download it - mostly for the points mentioned above. It just looks.... lifeless.

Sorry :/

Nathaniel(Posted 2007) [#20]
I'm sorry to say that I agree with Gfk. It lacks something and RPG needs...

Congrats on finishing it though. Even though it's not quite pollished up, it's impressive that you're near the end of developement...

Was this made in B3D?

Xilvan(Posted 2007) [#21]
Yea it was made in Blitz 3D... We're now 4 working on it... The graphics are now blitztering :) It shows up all Blitz3D's power of gameplay, animation and graphics... 35 worlds are done now and only 12 temples remain to do. Including one per day

So everybody here is an important message from the creator of Age of Dreams...

" The game will be online and I need some help to make it online... test and make a huge MMORPG exclusive to PC plateform and Blitz3D"

" I also need modellers to ensure the quality of the trees, characters, graphics and others content included in the game... "

This is going to be very interesting for the other LOD developpers which are working hard to give you the best Action/RPG software on Blitz3D and the current price for the game is around 15$ for an abonnement for the future online game that will reach the market of download.com and internet...

Remember that we started from only one house, one tree, one NPC and one archangel hero... Xylvan ;)

Heres a demo of Lights of Dreams:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/s5uhlb