Arcade Games 2

Community Forums/Showcase/Arcade Games 2

Chugs40(Posted 2006) [#1]
I have re-compiled all of my stuff and are all FREEWARE for a limited time. SO check em' out!

Go to www.hsretrogames.com

kragoth74(Posted 2006) [#2]
Nice. I really love those retro games. Thanks for making them freeware. :-)

Steve Elliott(Posted 2006) [#3]
Generous of you to give them away - but why not charge for your hard work?

I always feel the more free games out there, the harder it is for anybody that charges for software to make any money. Making payment optional as you have - how many people will bother?

Arcade Lab sell retro games, but even if you feel your games aren't as good you could charge a smaller amount.

Chugs40(Posted 2006) [#4]
Steve Elliot:

My older stuff hasn't sold. I have tons of projects I am working on that I will probably sell in the future.

Steve Elliott(Posted 2006) [#5]
That's a shame - perhaps you need to ask yourself why. Did you get the games on any portal or shareware sites? Perhaps there were some things you could change to make them more attractive to potential customers.

Even so I guess you learnt a lot of game programming techniques, which will help with your next game. Having said that, you seem to be doing the same thing again - ie working on lots of projects and not using your programming knowledge to work on one polished game - which could sell.

Just trying to be helpful.

Chugs40(Posted 2006) [#6]
Thanx for your replies Steve,

This is mainly a side hobby of mine, Yeah i have questioned it, I wanted to try it for a while and see what happens. Not to mention I have more fun making the smaller retro style stuff, which as far as i know does not seem to be big seller (maybe i'm wrong). I am doing this to have fun and let other people enjoy my stuff with out having to pay if they like them give a little kickback, Besides that it seems you can't do any thing on the internet these days with out having to buy somthing.

Chugs40(Posted 2006) [#7]
Steve,

As for this question:
Did you get the games on any portal or shareware sites?

I did not get them any where else they are all my creations (media source - everything) Inspired by old c64 games.

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2006) [#8]
Stick'em on Pjio and get some cash from the advertising?

LineOf7s(Posted 2006) [#9]
Did you get the games on any portal or shareware sites?

He didn't mean did you obtain them there. He meant did you manage to get any portals or shareware sites to host and/or promote your games, so they might potentially be seen by a wider audience than your site might be.

No-one doubts the games are all yours. :o)

Chugs40(Posted 2006) [#10]
Oh, i mis-understood,

I do have some listings on c-net download.com

Whats Pjio?

I am going to re-enstate my stuff as shareware, on my site soon. You convinced me.

Becouse i do work hard on these games and always wanted to make a little cash.

Does any one know where i can setup an account for online payment for my games? becides paypal.

or know of any sites i can put a listing for my site to check out my demo's