Final Beta Demo - Stones of Egypt

Community Forums/Showcase/Final Beta Demo - Stones of Egypt

coffeedotbean(Posted 2006) [#1]
Ok I think the game is ready to go. This is a final Beta to check compatability mainly with windows 98/ME and 2000. As the game reads/writes the registry and creates folders I need to make sure Older windows systems dont have any issues.

If the game boots into the main menu and does not crash after you enter a player name then it should run fine from then.

So if you have access to Win98/ME or 2000 I'll have your babies if you could test it.

If your curious about what info it writes to the registry its all stored in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Stones of Egypt, it does not write data any where else, it also only reads that data.

NOTE: game is missing 2 things, a custom character sprite (should be done this weekend) and a jingle I'm having made up when you solve a puzzle.

I uploaded game to rapishare
DOWNLOAD HERE 4MB
(just click the FREE button at the bottom right to start download)

GfK(Posted 2006) [#2]
Why is the top of your pyramid and the Sphinx's head missing?

Amon(Posted 2006) [#3]
Why is the top of your pyramid and the Sphinx's head missing?

It looks like he took the original image and applied the "Cutout" filter in photoshop. I could be wrong though.

coffeedotbean(Posted 2006) [#4]
It looks like he took the original image and applied the "Cutout" filter in photoshop. I could be wrong though.

Give that man a teddybear, sorta, not Photoshop but its a filter in Paintshop yes.

markcw(Posted 2006) [#5]
oh, this is good!

no problems on my win98se/ati radeon ve/dx 8.0 machine. except, when i exit there is this odd thing where the game leaves itself on the taskbar until i click on it, then it goes. i've seen this on a blitzmax game by warpy, so maybe it's a bmax issue. not a big deal just thought i'd mention it.

also, i like the music and sound effects! and unas is better now.

coffeedotbean(Posted 2006) [#6]
Ok great works find on win98, cept that taskbar thing, not sure what thats about dont happen on XP.

Thanks for testing =D